PDA

View Full Version : Okay, shoot me if there's a thread here on this, but . . .

Oldtimer
01-05-2010, 06:47 PM
What does my VIN number tell me about my (and my wife's) cars. We have two G8 GT's, both automatics with cloth interiors, only difference is color (mine's Black Metallic, her's is Red Metallic - the maroon color)?

Only difference between the two stickers is that mine had the All-Season Goodyear's, and hers has the Summer Bridgestones. Only other difference we know of is that mine went directly to the dealer in Arlington, Texas; and hers was originaly delivered to a dealer in Minnesota.

On the VIN numbers, they are identical down to the last "Y" (one has a 2, the other a 0), and then the last four digits.

Thanks for your patience with my asking this!

Mbower
01-05-2010, 06:58 PM
If there 09s nothing. The first 888 where numbered. You would have a plaque on the dash and the last 3 digits of your vin represents what number the car was produced.

Oldtimer
01-05-2010, 07:01 PM
If there 09s nothing. The first 888 where numbered. You would have a plaque on the dash and the last 3 digits of your vin represents what number the car was produced.

Yeah, they are both 2009's.

Panzer Leader
01-05-2010, 07:52 PM
Except your wife got the better car.

Oldtimer
01-05-2010, 08:25 PM
Except your wife got the better car.

We agree. For my black one, the grills almost disappear (I actually didn't realize there was one under the front bumper until we bought her's).

Her's is much richer, due to the contrast to the black standard parts. I just couldn't buy a maroon one (even though the dealer had a maroon GXP when I bought my black GT), due to the peer pressure I would have had to endure at work.

You see, I went to school here:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-9/49507/TAMULogo.gif

:woohoo:

96Prix
01-06-2010, 05:12 AM
So the all season tires went to Texas and the summer onlys to Minnesota? Interesting.

616 of 933
01-06-2010, 07:05 AM
makes alot of sense summer only to Minnesota it dont snow or get cold there LOL