PDA

View Full Version : Traction Control problem

Blackdevil77
10-18-2008, 01:05 PM
Anybody else have this problem? For some reason traction control stays off on my car now, and I can't turn it on! I had the TSB, then had Kaltech put their tune back in for the track, and now it won't turn on! Anybody else experience this? I told George about it last night at Island. He didn't know why it would do that either. We both agree that's not good lol.

g8_795
10-18-2008, 01:17 PM
I have not seen or heard anybody having this problem. Definitely not good.

-Ray-
10-19-2008, 04:42 AM
I would take it to the dealer. You have the stealth tune?

Blackdevil77
10-19-2008, 11:30 AM
I would take it to the dealer. You have the stealth tune?

no. There's a Kaltech tune in it. Should I have Kaltech put the stock tune back in first before I bring it to the dealer? What if when he puts the stock tune back in, problem solved?

Art708
10-19-2008, 01:39 PM
no. There's a Kaltech tune in it. Should I have Kaltech put the stock tune back in first before I bring it to the dealer? What if when he puts the stock tune back in, problem solved?

If the stock tune solves the problem then I'd say that you need to find another tuner and get it right.

Blackdevil77
10-19-2008, 01:43 PM
If the stock tune solves the problem then I'd say that you need to find another tuner and get it right.

I had the tune in it at first and the problem wasn't there. Got the stock tune put back in for a TSB at the dealer, went back to re-upload the tune for the track, the same tune that was previously in the car, and that's when it started. Maybe a glitch while uploading???

GT-610
10-19-2008, 05:10 PM
if you ask me,you have had alot of problems tuning the car at Kaltech...maybe THATS your problem

locrzn#92
10-19-2008, 05:44 PM
I had this problem a while back. It also affected my cruise control. I took it to the dealer and they said it had something to do with the brake sensor or peddle position. It was an easy fix and I haven't had any problems since. I don't have a tune in mine. It was stock except for the CAI and mufflers.

Blackdevil77
10-19-2008, 06:02 PM
Yeah there were times I felt cruise mode was on. I I would take my foot of the gas and the rpm's would stay put and the car kept going at a constant speed. I was like :hmm: What did your dealer do? Just re-flashed it?

GRRRR8
10-19-2008, 06:13 PM
It is easy to check for a brake pedal position sensor issue. The brake lights will usually come on for no reason, stability control light up on IC, and cruise has int. issues. Most can be adjusted to correct issue.

Blackdevil77
10-19-2008, 06:20 PM
I didn't notice the break lights coming on. Only info on my DIC is that traction control is off and stays off. I guess when I get a chance, I'll head back to Kaltech and see what happens when they put the stock tune back in.

wreckwriter
10-19-2008, 06:49 PM
Traction control is part of the ABS system. I don't believe its affected by engine or trans tune.