PDA

View Full Version : V6 Tune

Hoosier G8
01-02-2010, 06:13 PM
I have been working with a tuner on a tune for all of us with the V6 and I am happy to report that progress has been made.
I have not had a chance to dyno the car so please don't ask for specific details as they are not yet available but could be soon.
This tuner is in the Seattle Washington area and he is looking for someone with a V6 to come to his shop so he can do some live tuning as all of the work we have done on mine is via the emailed files and once this tune is perfected anyone will be able to get it via an emailed file or visit one of his many vendors that carry his tuning hardware. I can tell you that there is a marked difference in the performance of the car but again no dyno for specific results. We now have nailed down the basic tune and having a car at his shop would greatly speed up the process that it could be released to the masses.
If you are in the Seattle area and would be willing to go to his shop to allow him to have a hands on chance at tuning your car it would make the tune available that much sooner.

Please pm me if you are in the area and interested and I will give you the contact info you will need to get started.

r33pwrd
01-02-2010, 06:19 PM
I have tried this for Vince and NO V6 owner want a tune! they all bitch and whine about not having one but none of them are willing to step up to the plate! I did multiple posts on G8board and many people inquired about it but NOT A SINGLE one called or emailed Vince :(

Hoosier G8
01-02-2010, 06:31 PM
I have tried this for Vince and NO V6 owner want a tune! they all bitch and whine about not having one but none of them are willing to step up to the plate! I did multiple posts on G8board and many people inquired about it but NOT A SINGLE one called or emailed Vince :(

That's a shame because he has made a big difference in my car and if not for the long distance from me to him I would be there in a heartbeat. I sure hope someone will step up and help.

Panzer Leader
01-02-2010, 08:15 PM
If I did not live here, I would be there. Should this tune be done with or without a CAI or any other modifications? Any estimates at all on HP and/or torque gains? Gain/loss on MPG? Potential problems?

gman1227
01-02-2010, 09:38 PM
man this sux, if i lived in that area i would for sure get my car over there fast, dang life is not fair:(

Hoosier G8
01-03-2010, 01:43 AM
If I did not live here, I would be there. Should this tune be done with or without a CAI or any other modifications? Any estimates at all on HP and/or torque gains? Gain/loss on MPG? Potential problems?

Again I have no dyno results but he is hoping to get the same performance gains as he got on the V6 Camaro tune here is a copy of his email to me when he was able do that tune (“Here’s dyno results from what we believe to be the first aftermarket-tuned 2010 Camaro V6. Peak gains were 24HP and 23TQ at the wheels, almost a 10% gain. The car was bone stock other than an AirRaid intake. Tuned by Trifecta Performance using their own tuning solution along with Palmer Performance’s ScanXL data logger package. Dyno services were provided by Drift Office LLC of Auburn, WA.”)

Again my car is stock but he can tune around any mod that you have. All you would need to do is send him a list of your mods and then send a data log of the vehicle and he would custom make the tune to work with them.

Panzer Leader
01-03-2010, 08:01 AM
Again I have no dyno results but he is hoping to get the same performance gains as he got on the V6 Camaro tune here is a copy of his email to me when he was able do that tune (“Here’s dyno results from what we believe to be the first aftermarket-tuned 2010 Camaro V6. Peak gains were 24HP and 23TQ at the wheels, almost a 10% gain. The car was bone stock other than an AirRaid intake. Tuned by Trifecta Performance using their own tuning solution along with Palmer Performance’s ScanXL data logger package. Dyno services were provided by Drift Office LLC of Auburn, WA.”)

Again my car is stock but he can tune around any mod that you have. All you would need to do is send him a list of your mods and then send a data log of the vehicle and he would custom make the tune to work with them.

OK. If a CAI gets around 10 to 15 HP gain, is the 24 HP gain in addition to the gain from the CAI? Which would mean around a total gain of 39 HP.

r33pwrd
01-03-2010, 08:56 AM
FYI he can do a tune remotley! All he needs is someone at a Dyno and a laptop!

Hoosier G8
01-03-2010, 10:01 AM
FYI he can do a tune remotley! All he needs is someone at a Dyno and a laptop!

This is true but he really needs a car to do the fine tuning on as most dyno's I know of charge a lot to do multiple runs and that is what he is looking to do at his place and it would be a lot easier to dial in the tune.

We did the remote tuning yesterday and I had over 6 hours in just testing the tunes he sent then sending a data log to see where we where at. It would make it so much easier to have a car at his disposal so I hope someone steps up and lets him have a go at it.

Hoosier G8
01-03-2010, 10:07 AM
OK. If a CAI gets around 10 to 15 HP gain, is the 24 HP gain in addition to the gain from the CAI? Which would mean around a total gain of 39 HP.

I ran a CAI on mine yesterday when we did the test runs (this CAI will soon be available for sale) and I noticed two things right off. The "growl" was all but gone from the engine and when I was at WOT it really sounded great and the car was very responsive to the tune and the CAI.

As for the HP increase I would think that you would most likely end somewhere in the middle of your figures.

Panzer Leader
01-03-2010, 03:47 PM
OK, will these be available (CAI and/or Tune) at the National Meet? And what would be the estimated costs. If they are tracking the numbers for the National Meet, they may have an idea for number of V6s that will be there. I am trying to consolidate as many mods as possible.

2QUIK4U
01-04-2010, 01:34 PM
Vector is looking for V6's now also for a free tune. They posted on the other site. Someone might try contacting them. I have the Vector tune on my GT and it is a night and day differance from stock.

maniac3389
01-11-2010, 05:46 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing results on this, finally something for our cars.

JayCo59
01-26-2010, 05:30 PM
Would there be any Warrantee issues with having the Engine Tuned? Is the tune reversible? Can the dealer "wipe out" the reprogramming if you bring the car into the dealer and they reprogram the system for one of the current recalls?
Thx,
Jay

bigtreepu
01-26-2010, 07:10 PM
depends on the dealer if warranty is voided.....they can if they want. Vector has a stealth tune that can't be detected (for the GT's) that I assume would be similar to the V6's. If they were programmed over, you could always grab your powerflash cable and re-download your tune. It doesn't take more than a minute or two.

~Matt

(This is all assuming you are dealing w/ a vector tune, and it is similar to the GT's (no reason to think it wouldn't be))

machvvv
02-20-2010, 07:49 AM
Is the software included with the cable easy to use? Can I back up my stock program?
Ok - this page answered my questions:
http://www.vectormotorsports.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=44&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=78&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

Panzer Leader
02-20-2010, 05:26 PM
According to my friendly Dealer Service Consultant, even if you reprogram back to factory there is a way for the dealer to know how many times the car has been reprogrammed. WickedMom should be able to confirm this.