PDA

View Full Version : Pontiac Preferred Owner Program

WickedMom
01-02-2010, 03:55 PM
To: Buick, Pontiac and GMC Dealers
Subject: Pontiac Preferred Owner Program
Date: January 1, 2010

With the announcement to phase out the Pontiac brand, we know that retaining these owners is paramount to our future success. Working in conjunction with the Buick GMC Dealer Council, we’ve developed a new initiative to help get these customers back in your service lanes and ultimately your showrooms.

To let Pontiac customers know how much we value them, we are pleased to announce the Pontiac Preferred Owner Program. This year long initiative includes a private offer for one year of free maintenance. This program will cover up to four of your customers’ maintenance needs as it relates to oil changes and tire rotations as outlined below:
* Lube, Oil and Filter
* Tire Rotation (as required)
* 27 Point Vehicle Inspection

The Pontiac Preferred Offer Direct Mail Creative and Certificate are attached to assist with your understanding of the program.
Target Audience:
Pontiac owners who bought new or certified used from dealers who signed participation agreements

Private Service Offer:
This year long initiative includes a private offer for one year of free maintenance. This program will cover up to four of your customers’ maintenance needs as it relates to oil changes and tire rotations as outlined below:
* Lube, Oil and Filter
The offer expires on 12/31/10 and is listed on the front of the certificate that the customer will receive in a Direct Mail communication. Dealers that did not opt out of the program will receive a fixed reimbursement amount: $20 for the service using conventional oil and $35 for the service using synthetic oil.

Below you will find the reimbursement details for the offer:
DEALER REIMBURSEMENT PROCESS
For each valid lube, oil, filter, four-tire rotation, and 27-point vehicle inspection certificate redeemed at your dealership, GM will reimburse your dealership as follows:

1. With conventional oil: $20.00

2. With synthetic oil: $35.00

Dealers who submit claims through WINS are to use the following codes:
Labor Operation Code: Z2236
Customer Code: MJ
Failure Code: 98
Submit oil change reimbursement amount as a Net Item Amount
Enter the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) on the Warranty Claim

Dealers who submit claims through the Global Warranty Management System (GWM) are to use the following codes:
Labor Operation Code: Z2236
ZSSP Transaction Type
Submit as a Miscellaneous Net Item Amount
Enter the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) on the Warranty Claim

Claims for model year vehicles 2000 or older:
* Claims submitted through WINS: Dealers can use their Auth Code G.
* Claims submitted through GWM: Wholesale authorization is required. H route to your GM Field Representative.
Terms and Conditions of the Program:

Redeemable only at participating GM dealers for up to four (4) lube-oil-filters, four-tire rotations and 27-point vehicle inspections for VIN shown on the front of this certificate between January 1, 2010 and December 31, 2010. Includes factory-fill grade of oil as outlined in your owner’s manual. Balancing tires extra. Original certificate must be presented to your GM dealer representative at the time of service, and the price for your lube-oil-filter, four-tire rotation and 27-point vehicle inspection will be deducted from your service transaction. Limit one service offer certificate per household, at a participating GM dealer. Offer is nonnegotiable and not redeemable for cash. Resale is strictly prohibited. General Motors and participating GM dealers are not responsible for lost or stolen certificates.
Offer:
Up to Four (4) Complimentary services including:

* Lube, Oil, Filter
* Four-Tire Rotation
* 27-Point Vehicle Inspection

LOF:
Goodwrench Motor Oil and ACDelco Oil Filter. Includes factory-fill grade of oil as outlined in the vehicle’s owner’s manual.

Four-tire Rotation:
Check tire inflation pressures and adjust as necessary. Inspect all four tires for damage and excess wear. Rotate all four tires and torque wheel nuts as recommended.

27-Point Vehicle Inspection:
Perform a GM Goodwrench 27-Point Vehicle Inspection that includes:
Inspect fluid levels, check steering, suspension, wiper blades, exhaust, undercarriage, belts and hose.

Not Transferable:
Offer is vehicle specific and is ONLY available on the vehicle the offer was issued. Offer is NOT transferable.

Consumer must not be charged for additional fees such as shop supplies, disposal fees or taxes for this complimentary service. Dealer must abide by any applicable local tax laws.

Dealers agree to perform the services outlined above and will accept the described fixed reimbursement amount as payment in full unless an opt-out form was submitted by the Dealer Operator or Executive Manager by December 17, 2009.

Good Selling,

Brian Sweeney
General Manager
Buick GMC

WickedMom
01-02-2010, 04:45 PM
Consumer must not be charged for additional fees such as shop supplies, disposal fees or taxes for this complimentary service. Dealer must abide by any applicable local tax laws.
LOL...

Has anyone gotten anything about this yet?

616 of 933
01-02-2010, 05:01 PM
i got a call from my dealer today since i purchased it 3 months ago that i need a service. but i only have 2500 miles on it.

WickedMom
01-02-2010, 05:05 PM
That is just them trying to sell you stuff.... this program makes what they wanna sell you free. :)

616 of 933
01-02-2010, 05:07 PM
Free is good.

mfox
01-02-2010, 05:38 PM
Wonder if this would apply to us frost bitten Canadian Boys as well?
:Canada:

polo
01-02-2010, 05:45 PM
First I've heard of this. That's nice and all, but I don't want the dealer touching my car unless it's for a warranty repair.
BlackBerry8310/4.5.0.110 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

VQ35DE
01-02-2010, 05:55 PM
Ditto.

Panzer Leader
01-02-2010, 08:03 PM
"Dealers that did not opt out of the program will receive a fixed reimbursement amount: $20 for the service using conventional oil and $35 for the service using synthetic oil. "
What does this mean? What type synthetic? Also, If we don't recieve this, who do we contact?

WickedMom
01-02-2010, 09:12 PM
I dunno any answers to this... I am sure I will learn more. It was on the dealerworld messenger yesterday. I think it is funny that they think a oil change costs 20 bux for dino oil and only 35 for synth. I mean maybe for a G3, hahahha but for sure not a G8 that takes almost 9 quarts.

It also states it is for whatever type of oil was in the factory fill, so you can not request them to give you free synthetic.

616 of 933
01-03-2010, 05:17 AM
What comes in the G8 GT?

fredl11
01-03-2010, 06:50 AM
have not received or heard anything.

I just found this but it requies an Account number

Wait just noticed this: Customers may access their Preferred Owner accounts by going to the Program’s website, www.GMPreferredOwner.com. In order to access his or her account, a customer must have provided a valid email address at the same time they enrolled in the Program. Customers may also call the Program’s customer service line at
1-877-249-9312 I just called and they are closed on weekends, also they keep saying they are techinal support ???

https://www.gmpreferredowner.com/PreferredOwnerProgram/Default.aspx

Panzer Leader
01-03-2010, 07:20 AM
Guess they will use WAL-MART Super Blend oil. Thought that all G8s came with synthetic from the factory. Hell just give me the filters.

-Ray-
01-03-2010, 08:16 AM
Guess they will use WAL-MART Super Blend oil. Thought that all G8s came with synthetic from the factory. Hell just give me the filters.

No G8 came from Australia with synthetic in them.

WickedMom
01-03-2010, 01:36 PM
have not received or heard anything.

I just found this but it requies an Account number

Wait just noticed this: Customers may access their Preferred Owner accounts by going to the Program’s website, www.GMPreferredOwner.com. In order to access his or her account, a customer must have provided a valid email address at the same time they enrolled in the Program. Customers may also call the Program’s customer service line at
1-877-249-9312 I just called and they are closed on weekends, also they keep saying they are techinal support ???

https://www.gmpreferredowner.com/PreferredOwnerProgram/Default.aspx

I don't think this is the same program. We have this 'preferred owners card program' deal at my dealership. It is more of a discount program for customers. Not the same thing.

christiancoach
01-03-2010, 01:41 PM
I still have 3 free oil changes from buying a Certified Used Pontiac that expire in a few months! I think those coupons are from the Dealer. It's the dealers way of training you to bring your car to them for service.

BigRed585Lbs
01-03-2010, 02:43 PM
2little, 2late.

WickedMom
01-03-2010, 03:19 PM
You must be jealous! HAHAH!! Take THAT!

pha|anx
01-03-2010, 04:38 PM

HA! probably not... :hang:

Rawyzf
01-04-2010, 09:31 AM
I just got this letter in the mail today. 4 Free Oil Changes, Rotation, 27 Point Inspections. I'm guessing I'll still have to pay some as I use synthetic, but still a good deal. Certificate is good until 12/31/2010.

BlueJacket
01-04-2010, 11:31 AM
Got the letter and certificate also today.

Rawyzf
01-04-2010, 11:45 AM
Got the letter and certificate also today.

It's too bad that I just was at the dealership for an oil change on Thurs 12/31.

polo
01-04-2010, 12:11 PM
I got mine today too. I wonder if I could give it to my dad so he can use it with his Tahoe? It has my name on it, and it says resale is prohibited, but I doubt the dealer would actually notice. He always takes it somewhere to get his oil changed, and I'd rather do it myself.

BlueJacket
01-04-2010, 12:37 PM
I got mine today too. I wonder if I could give it to my dad so he can use it with his Tahoe? It has my name on it, and it says resale is prohibited, but I doubt the dealer would actually notice. He always takes it somewhere to get his oil changed, and I'd rather do it myself.

It dose have the vin on it and I would bet they will check it.

polo
01-04-2010, 01:18 PM
It dose have the vin on it and I would bet they will check it.

Oh, I didn't even notice the VIN. You're probably right then.

Panzer Leader
01-04-2010, 01:55 PM
Got mine today. Selling Dealer will service and yes it does have the VIN on it.

bigtreepu
01-04-2010, 03:46 PM
got mine in the mail today too....wooohooo. a complete waste...I guess I can let them rotate my tires. naw, they'll probably screw that up.

~Matt

r33pwrd
01-04-2010, 04:22 PM
hope to get mine soon! I always have the dealership do the oil changes (use mobile one Synthetic)

Wag 42
01-04-2010, 04:52 PM
Received mine today as well...

Art708
01-04-2010, 06:23 PM
Wonder what my dealer will do. They always charge extra for using over 5 qts. of oil. Are they now going to give me 9 quarts free?

VQ35DE
01-04-2010, 06:53 PM
Got 2 sets of them today.

HoldenMan21
01-04-2010, 07:03 PM

I got it from the dealer direct when I purchased mine in March 2009 !!!

chipman283
01-04-2010, 07:21 PM
I got mine today also, good thing I need a tire rotation.

pha|anx
01-04-2010, 09:29 PM
I got it from the dealer direct when I purchased mine in March 2009 !!!

bought mine around the same time here... hmm, I think a phone call is in order :uhm:

esinger
01-05-2010, 03:17 AM
Just gone one in the mail too. Might have to drop by the dealership this weekend and see what they are going to do about the oil.

bobyoung
01-05-2010, 06:43 AM
I just got this letter in the mail today. 4 Free Oil Changes, Rotation, 27 Point Inspections. I'm guessing I'll still have to pay some as I use synthetic, but still a good deal. Certificate is good until 12/31/2010.

I got one today too, wonder if I can pay the difference for Mobil I?

616 of 933
01-05-2010, 06:52 AM
got mine yesterday

todds87ss
01-05-2010, 09:28 AM
Wicked, what is the dealer price for a Mobile1 oil change? I seem to remember a $75. If that's the case, you'll still pay 40.
On the other hand, at least the GTO will be covered for a year in synth...

JVH1982
01-05-2010, 09:33 AM
I doubt my selling dealer will send me one, and even if it did, I wouldn't go back. They really screwed up on my deal... In a nutshell, my signature was forged on a document they never showed me for a product/service I told them I didn't want. Buyer beware, right?

travis gore
01-05-2010, 09:53 AM
I did not get 1 but the dealer is gone so maybe that is why. I did get a $1000 certificate to buy a new pontiac yesterday

thecowboy
01-05-2010, 01:32 PM
I got one today, bought the car used. And mine is not from the dealer I bought from, it is addressed from Wisconsin. Says you can use the coupon at any participating dealer, which is good. I would never go back to where I bought my G8 from, nevermind the fact it is an hour away.

richm52
01-05-2010, 02:20 PM
I got one today for my 1999 Grand Prix but nothing yet for my G8.

xruling
01-05-2010, 06:53 PM
Got mine. Cautiously happy.

JVH1982
01-06-2010, 11:50 AM
Used mine.... Got my Mobil 1 oil change down to $63.

Rawyzf
01-06-2010, 12:05 PM
Used mine.... Got my Mobil 1 oil change down to $63.

Shouldn't it be less than that? I think mine is $75 to start with, I was hoping to get it closer to the $40 range.

esinger
01-06-2010, 02:39 PM
Went to two dealerships with this certificate. One dealership would not honor it, the other would, but would not put Mobel 1 in the car, just regular oil.

It's probably best I do it myself anyway. Last time I took my car to get the tires rotated, I discovered a nick on one of my rims and they didn't properly inflate the tires and I had to re-program the tire locations myself.

-Ray-
01-06-2010, 03:51 PM
I received mine in the mail as well. Haven't opened it yet.

TooManyHobbies
01-06-2010, 06:16 PM
It's probably best I do it myself anyway. Last time I took my car to get the tires rotated, I discovered a nick on one of my rims and they didn't properly inflate the tires and I had to re-program the tire locations myself.

The last time the dealer rotated my tires it took a 2 foot breaker bar with a pipe over it so that I could get about a 4 foot lever arm to break the lug nuts loose again.

WickedMom
01-06-2010, 07:10 PM
Went to two dealerships with this certificate. One dealership would not honor it, the other would, but would not put Mobel 1 in the car, just regular oil.

There is nothing I have seen that shows the GT is factory filled with Synthetic oil, or you could push this matter. Also there was an option for dealers to opt out of the program... see it original post...

I received mine in the mail as well. Haven't opened it yet.
yay!

nono50
01-07-2010, 10:49 AM
What the dealer told me is they put in what is on your cap on your engine. I was concerned on this too, because the manual does not say the LS3 gets Mobil1, but the cap does. So if I owed a GT it would have the LS3 cap on it. Hint hint.

BigV8
01-08-2010, 07:06 AM
I got mine. Mine takes mobil1 but i replaced the cap with an LS3 chrome one and gave the other away. Thats alright my dealer is cool.

WickedMom
01-08-2010, 07:47 AM
I seriously doubt that they would put mobil1 in just because of the cap...

On the other hand, when I was paying for my first oil change I wanted to just put natural oil in it and the tech put Mobil1 in because of my cap... so who knows.

RUSH9161
01-14-2010, 12:08 PM
My quick lube always puts mobil 1 in mine.

icantdrive55
01-14-2010, 12:15 PM
I haven't received anything about this from PMD or my dealer. Next time I'm at the dealer I'll bring a copy of this (printed from this post). My first oil change I paid 1/2 price for Mobil 1 (dealer special). It will be some time before my next oil change because I only have 5000 miles on the odo, and I put my G8 away for the winter - - which is killing me, but saving it from the ravages on winter in Rochester.

Chooch
01-14-2010, 01:38 PM
I used my "certificate" last Saturday. I do use Mobil 1 so what the dealer did was redeem the certificate for the standard oil change and 27 point inspection codes and put on my repair bill a 35 dollar gas fill to make up for cost difference.

I have no issue in that method. I get a oil change, they do the rotation, check the trans fluid levels, and as always since my LCA issues, always do a check on the front end.

616 of 933
02-03-2010, 06:13 PM
I used mine today they said they put what ever is on the cap. SO I got dino oil

Panzer Leader
02-03-2010, 07:40 PM
[B][I]Dealers that did not opt out of the program will receive a fixed reimbursement amount: $20 for the service using conventional oil and $35 for the service using synthetic oil.[I][B] That was in the original GM message. So how much per QT for Mobile One? If the engine holds 7 quarts thats $5.00 a quart. So what does a dealer normally charge per quart? How much are they billing for labor. Also understand balancing is extra, thats OK. Will they also reset the TPMS Sensors?

WickedMom
02-03-2010, 07:45 PM
[B][I]Dealers that did not opt out of the program will receive a fixed reimbursement amount: $20 for the service using conventional oil and $35 for the service using synthetic oil.[I][B] That was in the original GM message. So how much per QT for Mobile One? If the engine holds 7 quarts thats $5.00 a quart. So what does a dealer normally charge per quart? How much are they billing for labor. Also understand balancing is extra, thats OK. Will they also reset the TPMS Sensors?

We charge 8 dollars a quart (I know, its a rip off, I tell people to bring their own).

The dealership has to write off the rest of the expenses. Its considered a cost of doing business.

Our techs make about 8- 10 dollars in labor for just an oil change, rotations actually pay more, about 15ish dollars depending on the tech.
We charge 19.85 for an oil change and 19.95 for a tire rotation, as our normal prices the techs flag .8 of an hour. Specials generally run 49.99 for both and the tech makes .2 of an hour less flag time.
For this the techs are being allowed to flag .8 at my shop at least.
They should reset the TPMS and the OLM... I would verify that to make sure it was done...

travis gore
02-04-2010, 06:25 AM
I still have not got mine and I have 2 pontiacs:uhm:

EcoBrick Bob
02-04-2010, 08:29 AM
I have gotten 2 free Oil offers from 2 of the 3 Pontiac Dealers. Got 2 - $1,000. rebate offers from other dealer that could have been piggybacked, but they expired on 1/04/2010, less than 3 weeks after I got them. Got me thinking and I

BOUGHT A FLEX ECOBRICK!!!!!!!

travis gore
02-04-2010, 08:31 AM
I have gotten 2 free Oil offers from 2 of the 3 Pontiac Dealers. Got 2 - $1,000. rebate offers from other dealer that could have been piggybacked, but they expired on 1/04/2010, less than 3 weeks after I got them. Got me thinking and I

BOUGHT A FLEX ECOBRICK!!!!!!!

I did get 2 $1000 off mailers

housefull
02-10-2010, 04:15 PM
* Lube, Oil and Filter

Mr louis
02-11-2010, 10:30 AM
hope I get one.Free is a great price.

El.Diablos.G8
02-11-2010, 02:11 PM
So can I get Synthetic if I currently have it in the engine?

Adjusted35
02-11-2010, 05:39 PM
I got three of the coupon sets from two different dealers, don't expire until end of 2010.

Also, my dealer only credited $20.00 toward the full synthetic oil change because the 6.0 Litre engine doesn't call for synthetic from the factory.

I've heard all kinds of different stories as to who got what for free...but overall, $50 for lube, filter and 9 quarts of Mobil 1 doesn't bother me at all!

Rick Maddux
02-13-2010, 09:06 AM
I've gotten one for the G8 but not for the 09 Vibe. No comment.......hmmmm.

Adjusted35
02-13-2010, 07:13 PM
I've gotten one for the G8 but not for the 09 Vibe. No comment.......hmmmm.

Probably want to fix your accelerator before they offer you freebie maintenance.

Why send out the maintenance coupons on a car that might run itself into a tree?

Stay safe, truly!

WickedMom
02-13-2010, 07:23 PM
I talked to my GM area manager, he said that if the selling dealership is a winddown store then the pontiac owner gets 1 free LOF. If the selling dealership is not closing, then the pontiac owner gets the 4 free LOFs good through the year.

I told him that I have not gotten my certificate, he said I could do them anyway. He also said... "pretty cool deal since you need synthetic.." I started to correct him and then just smiled and said thank you, since this was in front of my service manager/boss.

pokey
02-13-2010, 07:40 PM
Maybe that is why I didn't get anything? My dealership I think went out of business, I bought out of my home state. I'm not too worried, I "probably" wouldn't use it anyway.

Adam
02-18-2010, 06:00 AM
Is it weird that the wifes G5 GT and my G8 have not got anything yet? You would think with 2 Pontiac vehicles '08 and '09 that we would see something on this by now Maybe its ABC order and my last name starts with a T.

Both dealers we bought from are still open too and still sell GM products. Budd Baer sucks ass, but Carl Black did there stuff right and still no certificates, though they can figure out where to send the bill...

J Wikoff
02-18-2010, 06:50 AM
I haven't got one either. I know the dealer is still open.

Adam
03-14-2010, 05:43 PM
Still nothing. Anyone know who I can contact to get these things sent out?

WickedMom
03-14-2010, 05:45 PM
I tried to get one and no luck. I was told there is no way to get one, its an automated process. Then I complained to my regional rep, he told me I could go ahead and do the 4 on my car anyway.

icantdrive55
03-15-2010, 08:04 AM
I still hadn't gotten mine so I called Pontiac at their Customer Assistance Center on their website.
# Customer Assistance Center:
# Inside the U.S.: 1-800-762-2737
# Inside Canada: 1-800-263-3777
After speaking with a rep, she did some checking and transferred me to Marketing. The rep in Marketing looked up my car using the VIN#, and said it would take 1-2 weeks to confirm I was eligible - WTF?!?!?!?!

When I asked if there would be some reason I would not be eligible, she said that a new or certified used purchase met eligibility but she was not allowed to 'promise' I would receive the certificate. Are you kidding me????!!!!

I guess I'll just have to wait and see. I had already talked to my service writer at the dealership - they're aware of the program but won't do anything until I get something direct from Pontiac.
:uhm:

mackerman22
03-15-2010, 08:54 AM
I went to Frank Kent GMC in Fort Worth,TX. I asked if they could charge me for the difference between the factory grade (crap) oil and Mobil 1. They said they could not. So, they marked off one of the oil changes on my certificate and only credited me for the tire rotation. They won't be seeing me again. I am going to try next time at the Jerry's GMC in Weatherford. This is where I purchased the car.

rmcrom
03-15-2010, 09:41 AM
I got mine at Jerry's in Weatherford too, but I haven't tried getting a free oil change yet.

I'm not a fan of Frank Kent dealerships either.

GN driver
03-24-2010, 06:41 PM
That is just them trying to sell you stuff.... this program makes what they wanna sell you free. :)

I received my coupon a month or two ago and got my first offer done with 65% oil life left. No charge, no sales pitches. Depends on the dealer, I suppose. I do not know how to go about getting the coupon on request.

pokey
03-24-2010, 07:22 PM
Received my OIL change coupon yeterday. I don't put many miles on but I should use a couple of the maintenance 'certificates'.

WickedMom
03-24-2010, 07:23 PM
There is another batch of these going out. The newest ones have an expiration of 3/31/2011... still some luck left for the rest of us

CanuckG8
03-25-2010, 08:33 AM
I still hadn't gotten mine so I called Pontiac at their Customer Assistance Center on their website.
# Customer Assistance Center:
# Inside the U.S.: 1-800-762-2737
# Inside Canada: 1-800-263-3777
After speaking with a rep, she did some checking and transferred me to Marketing. The rep in Marketing looked up my car using the VIN#, and said it would take 1-2 weeks to confirm I was eligible - WTF?!?!?!?!

When I asked if there would be some reason I would not be eligible, she said that a new or certified used purchase met eligibility but she was not allowed to 'promise' I would receive the certificate. Are you kidding me????!!!!

I guess I'll just have to wait and see. I had already talked to my service writer at the dealership - they're aware of the program but won't do anything until I get something direct from Pontiac.
:uhm:

Thanks for posting these phone numbers icantdrive55! Being in Canada, I just called GM Canada and unfortunately this offer only applies to the USA. Wish you all good luck in getting your 1 year Free Maintenance Offers!!

icantdrive55
04-03-2010, 08:22 AM
I just received my Maintenance Certificate in the mail today - it's expiration is April 2011. A web link is included to locate participating dealers:
GetMyPontiacServiceOffer.com or call 1-800-276-6842

Hessian
05-06-2010, 08:55 PM
I have 2 G8 GTs and have yet to get anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaxredg8
05-12-2010, 01:56 PM
Still nothing here either. Damn it!! LOL

MAYBEN
05-15-2010, 10:05 AM
I just got my oil changed for $109... well, they mounted and balanced my 4 summer tires, which was 99.99 plus tax... so I guess I got my synthetic Mobil 1 for free...

saltyrodz
05-15-2010, 12:12 PM
Nothing yet for me and tires rotated by dealer but didn't do tpms relearn so now rear tire pressure show as front tires lol gotta love the dealer

MAYBEN
05-15-2010, 02:29 PM
yeah I'm not sure if they redid my sensors, whats the easiest way to check?