PDA

View Full Version : Key FOB Detail

Homebrew
01-02-2010, 12:28 PM
Could not see the FOB functions ( must be an age thing ), so I used white appliance touch up paint. Filled in the indents and wiped excess paint off using mineral spirits. Which one can you see better?

-Ray-
01-02-2010, 12:57 PM
I need glasses, both are out of focus.

WickedMom
01-02-2010, 01:10 PM
Just FYI, the paint/icons coming off of the keyfob is reason enough to have the transmitter part replaced under factory warranty.

Although, I think I prefer mine all black.

Sycosis
01-03-2010, 07:47 AM
does anyone else find their key fob buttons hard to push on? i.e. for remote start?

polo
01-03-2010, 07:50 AM
does anyone else find their key fob buttons hard to push on? i.e. for remote start?

Are you pressing "lock" before you press the remote start button?

Sycosis
01-03-2010, 07:55 AM
Yes. I am not saying it doesn't work. Just harder to push down. My wife finds herself using the end of thumb (MEANING NAIL) to push down.

polo
01-03-2010, 07:58 AM
Just take it to the dealer and have them replace it. I had mine replaced because I had to press the lock button like 5 times to actually get the doors to unlock.

Homebrew
01-03-2010, 04:43 PM
Yes, sorry the photo is out of focus, My point was that the FOB's were all black. This made it Impossible to know the button functions without memorizing them first. My thought was why did they manufacture them this way, and if anybody else was having the same difficulties I was, this is a easy fix.

whitehot09
01-05-2010, 11:53 PM
i totally understand what you are talking about with the all black fob. I think it looks kind of cool though, although cool does not always mean user friendly. The little fix you did looks nice. About the buttons and issues with pressing them, we seem to have a soft touch button, my sister has a 2010 equinox, and her buttons are hard, much easier to press. But my fob has a red arrowhead on it and hers has a bowtie so mine is better.

zepcom
01-06-2010, 10:19 AM
Just take it to the dealer and have them replace it. I had mine replaced because I had to press the lock button like 5 times to actually get the doors to unlock.

Same thing here!! My foldable key is perfect, luckily I use that one 'day-to-day'. Every time I take my car in for service I list as a fixit-item the non-foldable key. The unlock button is very hard to press, and when it is pressed it hardly ever works. Of course, every time I get the car back: "Could not duplicate customer's concern". lol

Just this time though I've realized that if I bring in both keyfobs (instead of just leaving them the problematic one) then they can compare the broken one to the perfect one, and hopefully finally get it replaced under warrantee.

Glad to hear it's not just me! :)

cwhite
01-06-2010, 12:22 PM

On average, I have to press the unlock button 5 - 7 times before it will finally unlock... and this is literally standing next to the vehicle. Lock works the first time, every time... same with remote start. Really frustrating. Already talked to the dealer about it, hopefully they'll give me a new fob.

I think I'd prefer the white paint, but know that it would annow me when it starts to crack and come out.

dukeofpg
01-09-2010, 08:40 AM
do you think they will warrantee this key fob? It broke the first week I had the car.

polo
01-09-2010, 08:47 AM
I doubt it, but it's worth a shot.
BlackBerry8310/4.5.0.110 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

R.Penguin
01-09-2010, 12:09 PM
I need glasses, both are out of focus.
You don't need glasses, you are legally blind! :rofl:

norm8332
01-09-2010, 05:56 PM
Could not see the FOB functions ( must be an age thing ), so I used white appliance touch up paint. Filled in the indents and wiped excess paint off using mineral spirits. Which one can you see better?

Looks good. Will that paint stick OK to the rubber and not crack off etc.?

If so do you have any more details on the paint you used?

dukeofpg
01-09-2010, 06:17 PM
Looks good. Will that paint stick OK to the rubber and not crack off etc.?
?

I did not think we could say "crack off" on this forum!

99-LS1-SS
01-09-2010, 06:20 PM
You don't need glasses, you are legally blind! :rofl:

Pot, meet Kettle!

Where the hell have you been?!?!

DRCUSTOMPARTS
01-09-2010, 09:32 PM
I painted the icons on my remote with white out and it didn't last long. It sure looked nice after I did it though, just like his in the pic. Now I've had it long enough that I know the top button unlocks the doors, so I don't need to see the icons.

JayCo59
02-08-2010, 06:03 PM
I have the same exact issue with the remote start (lock\unlock seem ok). My G6 remote start works a lot easier and from a lot farther away. I complained to the dealer when I had the car in for some work but he forgot to look at it. I have more work being done on Friday so I'll ask again. I never did try the "always out" key, I like the idea of comparing their performance.

mikesgt
02-09-2010, 09:23 AM
I still don't understand why they didn't use the same keyfob they use on all the ther GM products. They were on all my Grand Prix's and I really liked them. Those are much easier to use due to better indents. You can easily feel which buton you are depressing. At night with these I am never quite sure if I hit the correct button because there really is no ident.

DRCUSTOMPARTS
02-09-2010, 09:26 AM
I agree, I like the flip out key but they should have used the same button style as the GP fob.

JayCo59
02-09-2010, 10:02 AM

Nice added feature! I'l think I'll try it myself.
Thx,
Jay