PDA

View Full Version : I've flip flopped...

99-LS1-SS
10-18-2008, 06:48 AM
I've been saying all this time that I was going to get a GXP with the automatic transmission. Well, I've had an internal and external battle going on about this transmission. I want a manual transmission, my wife doesn't. She isn't an overbearing wife so I don't want it to come across like that. I was trying to be a good husband about this. The more I thought about it the more I realized that if I'm going to have this car for an extended amount of time like I think I am, I want to get the options that I want. She finally conceded. I'm getting a manual transmission in my GXP. I'm very happy about that.
:brock::brock::brock::brock:

GRRRR8
10-18-2008, 07:53 AM
You had me worried with that title! Glad to see its not what I thought. LMAO!

GeorgeInNePa
10-18-2008, 08:09 AM
You had me worried with that title! Glad to see its not what I thought. LMAO!
Thought he was going to start batting for the other team?

lol

99-LS1-SS
10-18-2008, 08:12 AM
Thought he was going to start batting for the other team?

lol

LOL No, I can't see that ever happening.

GXP's and women for me!! :screw:

GRRRR8
10-18-2008, 10:44 AM
Batter batter batter, swiiiiiiing batter. LOL

SS Enforcer
10-19-2008, 03:57 PM
Your going to be happy with your choice then the m12 box in them is very nice indeed.

I wanted a manual test drove one but though I would keep the wife happy and get an auto well she hardly drives it so I now will be putting in a manual box in mine next year.

cheers

polo
10-09-2010, 04:45 PM
I've been saying all this time that I was going to get a GXP with the automatic transmission. Well, I've had an internal and external battle going on about this transmission. I want a manual transmission, my wife doesn't. She isn't an overbearing wife so I don't want it to come across like that. I was trying to be a good husband about this. The more I thought about it the more I realized that if I'm going to have this car for an extended amount of time like I think I am, I want to get the options that I want. She finally conceded. I'm getting a manual transmission in my GXP. I'm very happy about that.

You should have got the auto... then maybe you'd still have it. lol

(I was looking for more pics of your/Greg's car, and came across this thread ;) )

Devilish34
10-09-2010, 05:41 PM
You should have got the auto... then maybe you'd still have it. lol

(I was looking for more pics of your/Greg's car, and came across this thread ;) )

Or Greg would of run a 12.29 his first pass

travis gore
10-09-2010, 07:52 PM
manual or auto it still would have happened.

Panzer Leader
10-09-2010, 08:20 PM
Wtf?

lowstrife
10-09-2010, 09:38 PM
My parents wouldn't have a hard time deciding. My mom knows how to drive stick, and went on a vacation to Europe last year and drove some Euro shitbox, but it was a turbo-diesel and manual, and she absolutely LOVED it. Shifting like crazy, all this stuff. She'd be down for a manual over an automatic for a NICE car any day. Her first real car she had to learn stick on the hard way: on the way home from the dealership.

95_9C1
10-10-2010, 11:19 AM
so, the moral of the story is:

if you mod too much, you could end up in a toyota ?!

99-LS1-SS
10-10-2010, 11:26 AM
so, the moral of the story is:

if you mod too much, you could end up in a toyota ?!

No, a Nissan.

MoonPie
10-10-2010, 11:50 AM

Come on man, she whooped your ass like patting for a dance. You caught a big L in the end, country club.

Devilish34
10-10-2010, 12:00 PM
No, a Nissan.

safe difference....junk

Crazy Paul
10-10-2010, 01:09 PM
No, a Nissan.

That's just a nicer way to say Datsun aint it.

http://forum.grrrr8.net/images/smilies/flamethrower.gif

N2G8GXP
10-10-2010, 03:46 PM
I love my manual, I have to admit I used to hate red lights now I like them especially when I am first in line. It is so fun to pull out and shift! While I am not trying to impress anyone but myself, it does not matter if I am the only person at the light, I love shifting the gears, however the car is such a challenge to others they cannot resist baiting me. Here I am a grandmother,and have yet to be beat off the line!!Today was so beautiful I had the moonroof and windows open jamming to my XM radio and some guy in a hot rod black Dodge Truck pulled up beside me it looked and sound great he started revving his engine, I saw him in my rearview mirror when the light changed! The first car I purchased when I graduated nursing school was my Buick Grand National T-type it had an automatic, while I liked it, my pontiac is my favorite car. Good luck, with patience she will learn to drive it, does she like to dance if so teach her counts and rhythm when changing gears? I have taught many a female to drive a straight.

Devilish34
10-10-2010, 06:05 PM
Just FYI a chipped Nissan runs faster then EVERY G8 to date... not exactly what I would call junk.

Wait a chipped Datsun runs 11's?d?o?w?n?h?i?l?l?

Devilish34
10-10-2010, 06:14 PM
STOCK Datsun runs 11's chipped runs 10's...

Ok I smell bullshit

Devilish34
10-10-2010, 06:21 PM
Have you been to the track with a GTR? Come to the rental... you'll see first hand. Stock GT-R's run mid 11's all day and 10's with a tune, the ones with upgraded turbos will just surprise you!

Thats not a Datsun lol

95_9C1
10-10-2010, 09:57 PM
No, a Nissan.

same thing

FWIW, i'd rather you have gotten a G8 GXP A6 instead of this Titsun, Doyota, Nexus, Limpfinity whatever ... :disgust: ... even if it's really none of my business ... http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/images/smilies/wink.gif

99-LS1-SS
10-11-2010, 12:48 AM
I appreciate and understand everyone's disappointment but, I'm happy with the car. I will have another car and it will be fast so I'm not nearly as worried about it as some of you seem.

travis gore
10-11-2010, 12:59 AM
I appreciate and understand everyone's disappointment but, I'm happy with the car. I will have another car and it will be fast so I'm not nearly as worried about it as some of you seem.

as long as you are happy,that is what counts. Now you can build another fast car and keep the S for a daily!

99-LS1-SS
10-11-2010, 02:12 AM
as long as you are happy,that is what counts. Now you can build another fast car and keep the S for a daily!

I'll have to be VERY diplomatic about a move like that. I think I'll need at least a year or so before I can broach that subject. I want to wait until the economy opens back up a little.

travis gore
10-11-2010, 02:59 AM
I'll have to be VERY diplomatic about a move like that. I think I'll need at least a year or so before I can broach that subject. I want to wait until the economy opens back up a little.

extremly diplomatic ! The economy needs to open up,the business I am in has been hurting for 2 years now. I need the mod $

-Ray-
10-11-2010, 03:04 AM

I'm not disappointed. I knew where you were with your GXP. I just appreciate the opportunity to have some fun at your expense. :D

99-LS1-SS
10-11-2010, 04:03 AM
I'm not disappointed. I knew where you were with your GXP. I just appreciate the opportunity to have some fun at your expense. :D

Glad I could contribute...lol

SRG963
10-11-2010, 04:41 AM
I'll have to be VERY diplomatic about a move like that. I think I'll need at least a year or so before I can broach that subject. I want to wait until the new Z28 is released and on the market.

Fixed it for you ;)

Devilish34
10-11-2010, 04:45 AM

This part but I'm still disappointed lol

99-LS1-SS
10-11-2010, 05:41 AM
Fixed it for you ;)

As much as I like the idea of a supercharged Z/28, the interior on the Camaros is WAY to cramped and poorly laid out. I think Chevy did good with the retro styling on the exterior but they went too far on the interior. The gauges down by the shifter and the gauge cluster with the speedometer and tachometer are pretty bad in my opinion. I'll probably opt for a Vette of some kind or I'm even considering an AC Cobra replica. I have always loved the mid 60s Cobras. I wouldn't put a 5.0 in it either, I would opt for a real 427 with upgraded suspension, brakes and drivetrain.

99-LS1-SS
10-11-2010, 05:42 AM
This part but I'm still disappointed lol
:confused2: :blah: :finger: