PDA

View Full Version : Ia., Mn., Wi., Il., Help!!!!

Rick Maddux
01-01-2010, 01:34 PM
I'm a couple of hours from southern Mn., western Wi., and western Il., as well as the Quad Cities and would like some suggestions on where to get a tune. I'm from NE Ia and have not heard of any outstanding places around this area. I'm still open on the type of tune I should get. Money is limited. Any suggestions would really be appreicated. I do go to the Prairie Du Chien area most weekends in the summer if that helps. Thanks everyone!:windy:

kevinm0131
01-01-2010, 04:13 PM
Rick,
I would get either the Livernois:
http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/product.phtml?p=1946
or Vector:
http://www.vectormotorsports.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=119&category_id=39&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28
They both have tune packages for bolt ons and power adders that you can install yourself with a lap top. Then you can do it from home and both offer phone support if you should run into any trouble.
Kevin

G8GT721
01-01-2010, 04:43 PM
what he said

Rick Maddux
01-01-2010, 06:33 PM
Thanks guys!

Livernois Motorsports
01-01-2010, 07:18 PM
Thanks for the referral guys!

Rick, please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

Rick Maddux
01-02-2010, 05:27 AM
Are there any guaranties/warranties with either one? If I will lose my GM warranty by doing this, then it would be nice to have some other type of coverage.

Livernois Motorsports
01-02-2010, 06:09 PM
Are there any guaranties/warranties with either one? If I will lose my GM warranty by doing this, then it would be nice to have some other type of coverage.

Thers is no guarantee or warranty with most aftermarket parts, however we've never had a failure do to our tuning and never had the dealer detect a tune when the undetectable option was purchased. You could also flash back to stock when going in for dealer work.

Thank you,

Rick

DRCUSTOMPARTS
01-02-2010, 06:46 PM
The Superchips tuner offers a 2 year powertrain warranty if GM denies coverage and you can flash your car back to stock for dealer visits.

-Ray-
01-03-2010, 05:55 AM
Seems you are better off with just a Superchips tune.