PDA

View Full Version : DashHawk Users

Cobra
10-17-2008, 09:05 AM
What parameters are you using for Data Logging? MAP, IAT, LOAD, RPM?
Please tell me why you chose the items you did and the reason you want to monitor those areas.

Chewy
10-17-2008, 10:06 AM
What parameters are you using for Data Logging? MAP, IAT, LOAD, RPM?
Please tell me why you chose the items you did and the reason you want to monitor those areas.

We need a thread on the Dash Hawk. Anyone proficient at it and wants to write a little on it? Just the basics or the more commonly used areas.

I have one but haven't had a chance to use it.

GRRRR8
10-17-2008, 06:26 PM
IATs, Timing, KRs, Bank 1S1 O2, coolant temp, ST/LT fuel trims.
1. IATs are a good thing to monitor as the higher they are the slower the car will be.
2. Timing and KRs very important because this is where your power is coming from.
3. B1S1 is good to know for WOT and cruise modes.
4. coolant temp so each test/ET run is consistent.
5. ST/LT is a good way to watch instant fuel trims and long term fuel trims. If you see anything much more then +/- 3% its tune is close. If you see 10% +/- you have an bigger issue

rclinton
01-03-2009, 08:37 AM
We need a thread on the Dash Hawk. Anyone proficient at it and wants to write a little on it? Just the basics or the more commonly used areas.

I have one but haven't had a chance to use it.

I just installed mine and could use a little step by step tutorial for 0-60 time logging and 1/4 mile. Would like to hear form others on what parameters they are monitoring. I am thinking A/F ratio, shift points, throttle settings. Just wish the user manual was a bit better or maybe its just me.......

wreckwriter
01-03-2009, 11:59 AM
G8 splash screen. This was shared with me so I'll share it with you. Forgot the name of the guy that made it but I'm sure he won't mind. Download it to your pc and follow instructions in DH manual to use it

R.Penguin
01-03-2009, 12:19 PM
IATs, Timing, KRs, Bank 1S1 O2, coolant temp, ST/LT fuel trims.
1. IATs are a good thing to monitor as the higher they are the slower the car will be.
2. Timing and KRs very important because this is where your power is coming from.
3. B1S1 is good to know for WOT and cruise modes.
4. coolant temp so each test/ET run is consistent.
5. ST/LT is a good way to watch instant fuel trims and long term fuel trims. If you see anything much more then +/- 3% its tune is close. If you see 10% +/- you have an bigger issue
I vary what I monitor, but do not log. There are enough possibilites to keep one busy for several lifetimes.

Currently, Engine coolant F, Intake air F, DoD 4/8, and current gear. When I get bored with these, who knows? :p

wreckwriter
01-03-2009, 12:35 PM
My main monitoring screen:

coolant temp
engine oil temp
trans temp
IAT

wreckwriter
01-03-2009, 12:38 PM
DH settings: