PDA

View Full Version : Mustang owner needs help!!!

IateAn8
10-16-2008, 09:07 PM
Charlie,

There's this pain in the ass in a red Pontiac in the Houston area that keeps wanting to race me in my Mustang. I think the car is a Grand Prix or Grand Am. The license plate reads itbfst. I already know that I'm fast, so I really don't know why he needs a license plate to tell me that I'm fast???

Anyway, I feel bad for the guy - I think that he suffers from Mustang envy. I fear that he's going to pull up next to me and get sucked into my intake! Is there anything that you can do to modify my car to be slower, or should I just take off in fourth gear from now on when I see him???

Yours Truly,

Concerned Ford Owner

todds87ss
10-17-2008, 01:32 AM
Dear "Ford Owner"
I also "Own" fords all the time, so I feel for you. As far as making your car slower, you've already done all you can do, since I assume that somewhere on that pitiful excuse for a car, there is a blue oval. I'm sorry there is not more that can be done.
As far as Mustang Envy, I've heard of this also. Wikipedia define this as "that nausious feeling one gets when one is subjected to driving a Ford Mustang. This is a very common occurence among GM car owners, and the feeling is akin to hitting a brick wall." It would not surprise me if anyone on this board got that feeling. I would be very concerned that anyone might get sucked into your car...Rustangs Suck like a Hoover Vacuum!
Sincerely, (Not too much of a Coward to put my Name)
Todd

GRRRR8
10-17-2008, 04:06 AM
OOOOOOO! Thanks Todd. Chris, I will see you Saturday for the next round of mods on the Stang. I warned you about picking on G8 guys! LMAO! I do love Mustangs too. Its like when we were little and rode a tricycle, and then got our 1st "big boy" bike, I have my "big boy" bike already, isnt it time for you to? ROTFLMAO!!!

Panther 2
10-17-2008, 05:08 AM
WARNING !!!A mustang could get a real bad case of indigestion , when trying to chew on a G8. Please heed this warning serious owner embarrassment could also occur !!!

99-LS1-SS
10-17-2008, 05:31 AM
I once suffered from Ford-itis. Luckily I was able to get treatment and LOTS of therapy and I'm now Ford free for 4 years!!! Whew, I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders...

By the way, make sure you get a video of the race guys.

GRRRR8
10-17-2008, 06:00 AM
IateAn8 (Chris) is truly one of the nicest people you will meet. I do all of his mods and he has a beautiful 07 GT California Special. The fact that it is not faster the ITBFST is something a trip to the shrink should help him with. LOL

todds87ss
10-17-2008, 03:06 PM
I'm glad that this is a friend...I'd hate to have pissed off another in the CHL state (Concealed Handgun License). A GT/CS? So he is another in a long line of mustang owners with a sticker package???jk
all in good fun.

Tate
10-17-2008, 03:19 PM
OMG, I just about pissed myself ready this thread. It sounds like me and my friends, because they are Mustang fans as well. They ask when I'm gonna get one and I tell them they are not for me, need four doors. I really do like Mustangs... They taste like chicken. And besides Women need a car to drive. Or one of my favorites... It's a Mustang, greatest car in the world, 1 million in-breeders can't be wrong. They're both really good cars depending on what you like and people could be happy with either one. But that is comparing apples to oranges. One is a real car and the other a Mustang:).
Tate

GRRRR8
10-17-2008, 03:44 PM
OMG, I just about pissed myself ready this thread. It sounds like me and my friends, because they are Mustang fans as well. They ask when I'm gonna get one and I tell them they are not for me, need four doors. I really do like Mustangs... They taste like chicken. And besides Women need a car to drive. Or one of my favorites... It's a Mustang, greatest car in the world, 1 million in-breeders can't be wrong. They're both really good cars depending on what you like and people could be happy with either one. But that is comparing apples to oranges. One is a real car and the other a Mustang:).
Tate

LMAO! You asked for it Chris!

IateAn8
10-17-2008, 08:52 PM
HAHA. I figured that I would get a few responses!

The G8 does appear to be a nice car. Maybe Charlie will let me drive his around on Saturday. I just need to allow for extra time when pulling out in traffic until I get use to the lack of power. Or do you need to get a boating license before you drive one of those yachts???

Just kidding. I know older people get cranky. Who knows, maybe when I get older I will want a G8....

Oh Charlie, please read this after working on my car! Nice forum BTW!

todds87ss
10-17-2008, 09:30 PM
Nice land yacht reference!
A friend and I race regularly, and it's always fun to show up his new stickered up Roush Stage 2.
Also the expression "older" is no longer Politically Correct...the term is Age Challenged.

GRRRR8
10-18-2008, 05:41 AM
HAHA. I figured that I would get a few responses!

The G8 does appear to be a nice car. Maybe Charlie will let me drive his around on Saturday. I just need to allow for extra time when pulling out in traffic until I get use to the lack of power. Or do you need to get a boating license before you drive one of those yachts???

Just kidding. I know older people get cranky. Who knows, maybe when I get older I will want a G8....

Oh Charlie, please read this after working on my car! Nice forum BTW!

You only get half the bolts put in the spider shaft! LMAO!

IateAn8
10-18-2008, 12:36 PM
Great job on the shaft - drive shaft that is. It runs smoother and revs quicker.

Thanks a lot for your help, but this just widens the gap between the G8 and GT/CS!

GRRRR8
10-18-2008, 12:50 PM
Great job on the shaft - drive shaft that is. It runs smoother and revs quicker.

Thanks a lot for your help, but this just widens the gap between the G8 and GT/CS!

So it went from a chicken nugget to a chicken strip. hehe I want to drive it now with the lighter driveshaft. Start looking at the control arms and I will do some checking too.

todds87ss
10-26-2008, 08:52 PM
I just looked again at the title of this post (I'm bored). You are not alone. All Moostang owners need help - a good start would be a reputable psyciatrist.
Have a lovely night.