PDA

View Full Version : January 9, 2010 - GREAT Opportunity - Skid School & Auto Cross

Seattle09GT
12-18-2009, 10:43 AM
The Porsche Club of North America, Pacific Northwest Region, is having a driving skills day on January 9, 2010 at Bremerton Motorsports Park. The school will be run sun, rain, or snow (skid school and snow - how cool is that!!!).

We've been invited to attend if we would like, and there are a number of slots open. Here is info on what they'll will be teaching, and yes you get driver instructor time!

http://www.pnwr.org/Track/driver_skills/guide.asp

There will be an autocross as part of this event, and they will run until the sunlight fades to the point where it is no longer safe.

Cost is $55 for the day. You do need a helmet, they have helmets available for rent. This is not a lap day - so this is a safe event unless you do something that is utter ass hattery.

If you haven't been to Bremerton a few things to know:

1) It is colder than a well diggers ass there. It usually feels 10 degrees cooler than anywhere else around there - bring clothes accordingly.

2) Limited concessions, and what is there sucks. You should bring your own food and drinks.

3) Pit area isn't the best either. You may want to bring a few tarps, especially if the weather is iffy, to protect the items you take out of your car (spare, jack, floor mats, etc. etc.) for the event.

If you want to register, apply here:

PCA - Pacific Northwest Region Event Registration (http://pcapnwr.motorsportreg.com/)

Last day of registration is 1/8/10.

I will NOT be attending (damn it) because I will be on a plane to NYC Saturday AM. I would really love to go to this. A Porsche is not required, and I hope a few of you show up to show those Porsche guys what the Thunda' from Down Unda' can do!

A half-day with a racing instructor for $55 to learn practical advanced driving skills -- that is a crazy good bargain.

Please sound off if you're going - yes feel free to share with other performance car owners (LSX Nation comes to mind).

grandmacpubah
12-18-2009, 06:13 PM
that's pretty cool...I wouldn't have any traction though I'm still being dumb and running my summer tires.

Seattle09GT
12-24-2009, 01:10 AM
Bump - would be great if we could get a couple G8's here - it would open us up to more events.

Remikinz
12-24-2009, 11:59 AM
wish we had something like this on the east coast I would sign up in a heartbeat!!

Seattle09GT
01-07-2010, 11:42 PM
Bump. Tomorrow is the last day of registration. I believe one G8 is showing up, but they are only a maybe.