PDA

View Full Version : Got pulled over

Chewy
12-12-2009, 10:56 AM
Ugh... Window tint, no plate, tail tint, and rear plate cover. Gave me warnings on all but the window tint... 80 bucks! :hang:

I guess he could have been a WAY bigger prick.

So the front plate is back on and then rear plate cover is off...:puke:

At least it's closer to legal now. Still wondering what to do about the windows now... :nud:

WickedMom
12-12-2009, 11:03 AM
at least not a speeding ticket :)

grandmacpubah
12-12-2009, 11:18 AM
is it one of those things where it's just the $80 and you can leave the tint, or are they telling you take it off?

IcePickFreak
12-12-2009, 11:51 AM
Glad they're really cracking down on crime in Iowa. Crazy that the only reason they even pulled you over is for stuff like that.

Kermit
12-12-2009, 12:53 PM
Sorry to hear about that Chris. I'll be testing the waters in a month or so with tinted tails my self. Hope my luck is better.

hobokin
12-12-2009, 01:10 PM
Is it just a fine or points too? Pretty sure here in Mi its a moving violation and you can get points as well.

Panzer Leader
12-12-2009, 04:29 PM
Say it ain't so!

UGotSmkd
12-12-2009, 04:46 PM
Glad they're really cracking down on crime in Iowa. Crazy that the only reason they even pulled you over is for stuff like that.

I can guarantee you it was strictly for revenue. That is the case more and more with those supposed to protect and serve.

polo
12-12-2009, 04:47 PM
I can guarantee you it was strictly for revenue. That is the case more and more with those supposed to protect and serve.

That's what's happening around here too. I had my windows tinted a few months ago, and the tinter talked me out of getting illegal tint because he said that cops are pulling people over right and left for it because it's easy money.

Chewy
12-14-2009, 06:12 AM
In IA ALL front window tint is illegal. ALL! I'm not even that dark. His meter showed 28%.

I don't believe it goes against me.

I LOVE my tint... LOVE it. I don't want to remove it... Ugh... What to do...

Chris

Chewy
12-14-2009, 06:56 AM
OK so check it... A gal that works for us has an 8 year old with an IA state Trooper so I asked her what his last name was... YEP! It was him... lol

She was pissed!

I told her he was doing his job...

She said, "yeah but his vehicles ALWAYS had window tint and blue neon lights on them.

NICE! How quickly they change...

He did give me warnings on the other stuff so I can't really argue that I guess.

Chris

polo
12-14-2009, 06:58 AM
OK so check it... A gal that works for us has an 8 year old with an IA state Trooper so I asked her what his last name was... YEP! It was him... lol

She was pissed!

I told her he was doing his job...

She said, "yeah but his vehicles ALWAYS had window tint and blue neon lights on them.

NICE! How quickly they change...

He did give me warnings on the other stuff so I can't really argue that I guess.

Chris

That's funny. So is she going to talk to him and have him not show up to court? (assuming you're supposed to go to court to have this taken care of).

Chewy
12-14-2009, 06:59 AM
That's funny. So is she going to talk to him and have him not show up to court? (assuming you're supposed to go to court to have this taken care of).

Nah... I'll plead guilty when I pay it. It's not a biggie here in IA. They don't scratch the tint or make you remove it. They just take your money...

Chris

polo
12-14-2009, 07:04 AM
Oh, well that's good. My sister got pulled over here for tint, and she had to show up to court with "proof" that she had it removed. All she did though was take a picture of an identical car without tint with her to court. It ended up working:)

4drvet
12-16-2009, 03:22 PM
My buddy had the same thing happen. he got a ticket for it the first time, paid it but never removed his tint. he then got pulled over for it a second time and the cop knew he had been warned about it before because they link it to your tags. so when the cop knew that he gave him a choice of either some crazy fine because it was his second offense or an alternative. my buddy asked what the laternative was and the cop handed him a razor blade and told him to slice his tint ON THE SPOT! so after riding home with razor marks all over his new tint he took it all off. may have been a little extreme but they do know when you have been warned or ticketed before trust me.

Darkside
12-16-2009, 05:47 PM
There are two sides to tint. As an officer I don't like approaching cars with dark tint for safety concerns. On the other hand I have light sensitive eyes and have tint on all my vehicles. When ever I get stopped I roll down all the windows and turn on every interior light I can. That will help out with some officers, but not all.

Struggle
12-19-2009, 01:50 PM
We were pulled over in our Dodge neon for front tinted windows and they gave us a warning.

They have zero tolerance now in Iowa for anything like this. Several neighbors have been caught for the tinted plate covers and no front plate.

It is just a way to pry into your vehicle and possibly catch something big.

They can actually nail you for each window as a separate ticket and also ding you on the window strip across the front if it is below the factory notch marks on the glass (something like lower than 3" you will see a small mark).

Our G8 has dark windows on the back doors and rear since they cannot say a thing about that.

-Ray-
12-20-2009, 03:39 AM
There are two sides to tint. As an officer I don't like approaching cars with dark tint for safety concerns. On the other hand I have light sensitive eyes and have tint on all my vehicles. When ever I get stopped I roll down all the windows and turn on every interior light I can. That will help out with some officers, but not all.

I've posted about this before, but is what I do. I make sure the officer has a view into my vehicle if I get pulled over. I also place both hands on the steering wheel, not sure if thats out of habit....LOL

Struggle
12-20-2009, 12:20 PM
I've posted about this before, but is what I do. I make sure the officer has a view into my vehicle if I get pulled over. I also place both hands on the steering wheel, not sure if thats out of habit....LOL

Trying to hide something Ray:secret: