PDA

View Full Version : Verizon Customer Service Suuuuuuucks!!!!

SRG963
12-11-2009, 07:37 AM
So. 2 months ago, I get a bill showing additional charges for some premier text messaging services. I never signed up, but I'm being charged 10 bucks a service x3. I contact Verizon and they tell me there is nothing they can do. That's it, I'm signed up and screwed. They said the only way to stop the service is to reply "stop" to them. I sent "stop" to all 3 numbers with the same txt message. I called today to put a block, and 2 of the 3 are still billing me. Again, there is nothing Verizon can do, I'm signed up and screwed. I told them I've sent "stop" and they won't unsubscribe me. They again told me, I'm signed up and screwed. At this point, I'm getting a little pissed off as I've don't what they suggested, and it didn't work. The bitch I was talking to wouldn't let me speak with a manager, said I didn't have "reason". I told her she made my decision to switch carriers and hung up.

Man, what horrible customer service Verizon has. I never had a problem with Alltel, Sprint and AT&T.

Guess I'll be on the Sprint network here soon, Hey Verizon :finger: :rofl:

Ahhhhh...........rant over. I feel better now that I've got it out......

r33pwrd
12-11-2009, 08:02 AM
well AT&T has always given me good customer service but shit cell service :(

jbradG8GT
12-11-2009, 08:42 AM

There's a map for that!.....sorry had to do it

08G8V8
12-11-2009, 09:02 AM
There's a map for that!.....sorry had to do it

I was in the middle of nowhere Washington yesterday getting my Pedders suspension installed. Grandmacpubah called me to see how things were going. He was surprised I had service there. I have ATT and he has Verizon.

Granted, it wasn't 3G service, but I had FULL Edge coverage on ATT where he had nearly no coverage when he was there getting his suspension installed.

Neither of us would have had 3G coverage.

Steve
12-11-2009, 09:12 AM
norpac anyone? ;) My Cell Service (AT&T) was abysmal there - would have to go outside to receive/make any calls and get a whopping one bar

Chewy
12-11-2009, 09:27 AM

The iPhone has a new AT&T app just to help solve this. AT&T spent 16 billion dollars last year on their network. They have deep pockets so I think you'll see some improvements in the coming future.

We had Verizon as a corporate cell provider and split off. We use US Cellular and AT&T now.

Chris

NYG8GT
12-11-2009, 11:42 AM
For the record, I had this same thing happened and they were able to put a block on the premier texting service. I would call and ask them to do that, or you might be able to do it online if you manage your account from vzwireless.com

SRG963
12-11-2009, 11:51 AM
For the record, I had this same thing happened and they were able to put a block on the premier texting service. I would call and ask them to do that, or you might be able to do it online if you manage your account from vzwireless.com

I was trying to place that block today when I called. They said I couldn't block it until I canceled the service. I have already sent a txt to them with "stop", and they even replied back, yet I am still subscribed. It's really fucked up how someone can sign you up for something, you not agree to anything, and them charge you. This sounds totally illegal to me and the FCC should be involved, but little'ol consumer (me) cant do much but get screwed by the big company.

I wish Verizon would :poof:

Chewy
12-11-2009, 12:20 PM
Yeah Sprint was really weak for me... We ended up going to AT&T because of it.

Chris

r33pwrd
12-11-2009, 12:41 PM
I was in the middle of nowhere Washington yesterday getting my Pedders suspension installed. Grandmacpubah called me to see how things were going. He was surprised I had service there. I have ATT and he has Verizon.

Granted, it wasn't 3G service, but I had FULL Edge coverage on ATT where he had nearly no coverage when he was there getting his suspension installed.

Neither of us would have had 3G coverage.

I get great service with AT&T unless im within 5 miles of Sammamish?? WTF I am 5 miles to Microsoft and have 2 AT&T stores within 5 miles and the service still blows! Not to mention that Sammamish is a very heavily populated city?? Sorry to whore your post but im so fucking tired of AT&T!

R.Penguin
12-11-2009, 12:45 PM
A letter of complaint to your State Attorney Generals Office with a copy to Verizon sent 'certified, return requested' will often accomplish things you can never do yourself. A copy to the BBB also helps.

Carriers are heavily regulated and they are VERY sensitive about getting a written complaint filed with the state, or whoever regulates them where you are.

If you say "fuck it" too much trouble! That's what most people do. :devil:

Yep, I have done this more than once. Evey time it was like poking a stick in an anthill. LOT'S OF ACTION!:spank:

Chewy
12-11-2009, 12:58 PM
I get great service with AT&T unless im within 5 miles of Sammamish?? WTF I am 5 miles to Microsoft and have 2 AT&T stores within 5 miles and the service still blows! Not to mention that Sammamish is a very heavily populated city?? Sorry to whore your post but im so fucking tired of AT&T!

They're trying to fix it... If you can get the app for your phone it'd help.

Cell performance is so regional it's not funny. One will have absolutely crappy luck and then the next will rave about them.

Chris

Devilish34
12-11-2009, 01:31 PM
I've never had any trouble with Verizon. I use to have Nextel but once Sprint took over service and customer service went to shit.
BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.77 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

GT-610
12-11-2009, 01:55 PM
i am the opposite...me,my wife and mother alll left at&t because of being screwed and since we have all had verizon,no problems,awesome service.

bottom line is,there is no excuse for them treating a customer this way.Fuck you,verizon!

JAM
12-11-2009, 04:02 PM
It seems like they are all focused on attracting new customers rather than serving the customers that they already have.

JAM

jrc1122
12-11-2009, 07:25 PM
This happened to me a few years back when I had Verizon (my wife actually)
I complained - because we never signed up for it.

I forced them to give me the number of the company.. They finally did.

I called them and explained I never signed up for it, and I wanted it stopped immediately.

It did.

Verizon gave us the number , we tried texting "stop" to them, but that didn't work!

NYG8GT
12-11-2009, 08:11 PM
I was trying to place that block today when I called. They said I couldn't block it until I canceled the service.
That sounds like some bullshit right there. I dont see how they could even tell youre subscribed to a service that theyre not providing. I'd recommend escalating to a manager and getting pissy.

Carriers are heavily regulated and they are VERY sensitive about getting a written complaint filed with the state, or whoever regulates them where you are.

I wouldnt say VERY sensitive, we get so many PUC complaints from people that think they have an issue legitimate enough to warrant it, it's kinda funny and makes the whole process kind of watered down. We take them seriously until we learn that the complaint really holds no merit and it's just from someone who is pissed because their phone and/or internet was down for 2 days. Yeah there are a few out there that are real concerns, but theyre less common than the bullshit complaints.

-Ray-
12-12-2009, 02:32 AM
Can you hear me now?