PDA

View Full Version : Turbocam is on it's way.....meth injection already here...

Robert@KBXPerformance
12-09-2009, 07:28 PM
Well I decided to make it an early Christmas and order the Turbocam with DoD delete stuff and my ARP connecting rod bolts today. I already have my meth system from AIS just waiting to go into the car. Hopefully I will get the chance to install some of this stuff right before or just after Christmas vacation.

I have already hit 500rwhp and 570rwtq with just the TT's on this car and 8.5psi boost and safe tune. I figure that once I do the turbocam and meth injection I can hit 600rwhp with a pound or so less boost than what I am at now and be good for bottom 11's once I get things all worked out. While I do like the benefit of the additional power my main reasoning for doing this set of upgrades is for longevity reasons. The DoD delete will take allot of the crap out of the valvetrain that IMO should not really be in there for a high performance car. And I also plan on replacing the connecting rod bolts with ARP hardware to make things last a little bit longer with the higher revving I will be doing too. Let's just hope I can retain at least a little bit of that damn near 29mpg I am getting even after the TT's w/ AFM tuned out.

parish8
12-09-2009, 07:45 PM
what are the specs on your new cam?

Mike P
02-08-2010, 02:26 PM
Am I going to be obsessing about a single turbo set up now & a turbo spec'ed cam to go with it?

....All signs point to "yes"..... :)

vic2186
02-08-2010, 02:28 PM
Sick..u will have the fastest most powerful g8 on both boards hands down..keep us posted on the build!!

G8GT721
02-08-2010, 02:42 PM
Am I going to be obsessing about a single turbo set up now & a turbo spec'ed cam to go with it?

will they have the kit done before your off to Wales, or are you going to ship it to you

Mike P
02-08-2010, 02:50 PM
will they have the kit done before your off to Wales, or are you going to ship it to you

I'm not sure when the Vector Single Turbo set up will be ready "for public consumption".......

I don't have the funds right now, but I will in the not too far off future....

Robert@KBXPerformance
02-09-2010, 08:01 PM

On a side note, it looks like I might be installing another Gen-TTR kit but onto a 99 Camaro this time. Those kits go for only $4,300. Now that is pretty darn cheap for a twin system using Garrett turbos. I look forward to that build here within the next 6 months or so. I might be doing a few custom systems too. One twin system of my own design on a built 95 Corvette and a single system on a Silverado. I feel like it is turbo season or something because everyone and their brother have been asking about turbo's lately, both locally and on the forums.

Robert@KBXPerformance
02-09-2010, 08:03 PM

Hey, when are you going to run your car at the track with some DR's on it?

Mike P
02-09-2010, 09:48 PM
On a side note, it looks like I might be installing another Gen-TTR kit but onto a 99 Camaro this time. Those kits go for only $4,300. Now that is pretty darn cheap for a twin system using Garrett turbos. I look forward to that build here within the next 6 months or so. I might be doing a few custom systems too. One twin system of my own design on a built 95 Corvette and a single system on a Silverado. I feel like it is turbo season or something because everyone and their brother have been asking about turbo's lately, both locally and on the forums.

Awesome! I really like the idea of a single turbo set up. Especially with all the success of the FI Maggie people. I think a turbo would be even better. The car launches just fine out of the hole naturally aspirated, with the turbo coming on after the launch, that is just sick power!

Mbower
02-09-2010, 10:01 PM
Sick..u will have the fastest most powerful g8 on both boards hands down..keep us posted on the build!!

This isnt true...

vic2186
02-10-2010, 06:07 AM
This isnt true...

why??he has two big as turbos on stock motor nonhead porting nothin..wait till he out the Cam etc..mayb not the hp but he will run a 10sec pass with ease on 11#s boost if he don't break nothin ..he can launchbit easy and still manage low 11.that's no easy task for us Maggie cars and all motor g8s..once those turbo spool bye bye Maggie !!!not to hate because your car is sick mbower..I wish I wouldve went FI but I love the saftey of staying all motor ..

Mbower
02-10-2010, 01:50 PM
why??he has two big as turbos on stock motor nonhead porting nothin..wait till he out the Cam etc..mayb not the hp but he will run a 10sec pass with ease on 11#s boost if he don't break nothin ..he can launchbit easy and still manage low 11.that's no easy task for us Maggie cars and all motor g8s..once those turbo spool bye bye Maggie !!!not to hate because your car is sick mbower..I wish I wouldve went FI but I love the saftey of staying all motor ..

I know a g8 that will be running low 10s high 9s this season...Im sure youll hear about it.

wreckwriter
02-10-2010, 03:20 PM
I know a g8 that will be running low 10s high 9s this season...Im sure youll hear about it.

Believed when seen.

GeorgeInNePa
02-10-2010, 03:25 PM

Can you share any of this Top Secret info?

lol

Seriously, turbo, blower, NA, NO2? Combo?

vic2186
02-10-2010, 03:31 PM
a rocket strap on it to pull a low 9 lol

2ltrgsr
02-10-2010, 03:58 PM

you sure can talk the talk, but can you ....

Mbower
02-10-2010, 04:01 PM
Can you share any of this Top Secret info?

lol

Seriously, turbo, blower, NA, NO2? Combo?

Fully built motor, procharged. Saying 700+ to the wheels. Not sure if he will be spraying.

G8GT721
02-10-2010, 04:01 PM
Hey, when are you going to run your car at the track with some DR's on it?

the track doesn't open until April 2nd(tentative), and by then i should have a cam as well.

norm8332
02-10-2010, 05:37 PM
Fully built motor, procharged. Saying 700+ to the wheels. Not sure if he will be spraying.

Who? Is he on any boards? If not get him on here! We'd love to see his setup.

Mbower
02-10-2010, 06:16 PM
you sure can talk the talk, but can you ....

im not talking about my car haha, this is a g8 ive seen with a fully built motor, procharged.

Robert@KBXPerformance
02-10-2010, 07:38 PM
im not talking about my car haha, this is a g8 ive seen with a fully built motor, procharged.

I am not denying that a built procharged G8 cannot get into low 10's high 9's area while pushing allot of horsepower but it is not going to happen on 700rwhp without some serious weight reduction. Also there is MUCH more that goes into what ET a car runs than just the power it makes on the dyno. Is the trans built to handle the power and does the tune compliment that? What tire and suspension setup is being ran and so on. Running the 1/4 mile is pretty much a dyno race when you are in the 13 second and slower range. But by the time you step into the 9-10 second zone you better be bringing a serious setup and experience to match to play ball with the big boys, especially on a 4000+lb car.

This procharged guy may or may not have things dialed in with the rest of the car, but merely knowing what hp numbers the car puts down doesn't mean a thing.

Which Procharger head unit is he running? An F1 or D1?

Mbower
02-11-2010, 09:06 AM
I am not denying that a built procharged G8 cannot get into low 10's high 9's area while pushing allot of horsepower but it is not going to happen on 700rwhp without some serious weight reduction. Also there is MUCH more that goes into what ET a car runs than just the power it makes on the dyno. Is the trans built to handle the power and does the tune compliment that? What tire and suspension setup is being ran and so on. Running the 1/4 mile is pretty much a dyno race when you are in the 13 second and slower range. But by the time you step into the 9-10 second zone you better be bringing a serious setup and experience to match to play ball with the big boys, especially on a 4000+lb car.

This procharged guy may or may not have things dialed in with the rest of the car, but merely knowing what hp numbers the car puts down doesn't mean a thing.

Which Procharger head unit is he running? An F1 or D1?

The whole car is built, trans, rear end. Ill get more details soon and let you all know.

familycaronROIDS!
02-11-2010, 09:22 AM
:watch: When your done building your monster please post up some vids so I have something to drool at. Thanks

SpeedRacerX
02-11-2010, 11:16 AM
The whole car is built, trans, rear end. Ill get more details soon and let you all know.

I wonder if it's the guy from Tune Time or TTP or SLP in NJ?? I heard rumor this past Fall that one of them was going to go down to Atco and break that Intense record but it never happened.

SpeedRacerX
02-11-2010, 11:20 AM
I am not denying that a built procharged G8 cannot get into low 10's high 9's area while pushing allot of horsepower but it is not going to happen on 700rwhp without some serious weight reduction. What tire and suspension setup is being ran and so on.

Correct. The Intense car was 723 rwhp, no weight reduction, on 305mm-wide street tires (I believe) and managed 10.79. Still very fast though...

G8GT721
02-12-2010, 02:28 PM
Correct. The Intense car was 723 rwhp, no weight reduction, on 305mm-wide street tires (I believe) and managed 10.79. Still very fast though...

according to their thread (http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15148) they are running a CCW Drag Pack 16 x 9.5” rear wheels
M & H 26 x 11.50” street slicks. There is also a video & slip of the run

SpeedRacerX
02-12-2010, 02:57 PM
according to their thread (http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15148) they are running a CCW Drag Pack 16 x 9.5” rear wheels
M & H 26 x 11.50” street slicks. There is also a video & slip of the run

Good find on the tires. My bad.

Devilish34
02-12-2010, 04:46 PM

Sounds like Matt from TTP to me

G8GT721
02-12-2010, 05:28 PM
Good find on the tires. My bad.

Honest mistake because their "Monster Meats (http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=6787&highlight=monster+meat)" are 305 wide Michellin PS2

familycaronROIDS!
02-12-2010, 05:42 PM
9 seconds or bust hehehehe......

GeorgeInNePa
02-12-2010, 08:15 PM

They had 16" drag tires on it.