PDA

View Full Version : What the heck is...

ArkGL01
11-30-2009, 07:26 AM
Rest Reminder. I was racing last weekend and this light came up on my dash with a picknick table and tree. It was flashing saying rest reminder... Showed it to steve the other G8 owner and he had no clue?

Anyone else seen this?

SRG963
11-30-2009, 07:29 AM
It's a preset timer to remind you to break while on long drives/trips. I believe it's adjustable in the DIC.

MGM GT
11-30-2009, 07:31 AM
It's a preset timer to remind you to break while on long drives/trips. I believe it's adjustable in the DIC.

I adjust my DIC on long trips too :nah:

TomPierce
11-30-2009, 07:34 AM
Rest Reminder
This feature reminds the driver that they may have been driving for too long without a break. When the ignition is turned on, a timer starts counting. After two hours of continuous driving, the rest reminder flashes to alert the driver. The Rest Reminder essage is displayed until [enter button] or [trip button] are pressed. The rest reminder reappears after 20 minutes accompanied by a chime, unless the ignition has been turned off. For information on how o turn the rest reminder on and off, see DIC Vehicle Customization on page 4-32.

The above straight out of the owners manual.

ArkGL01
11-30-2009, 11:24 AM
wow thanks.. Funny thing is I had just turned the car on to get in line to race. Never had seen it?

beach
12-05-2009, 07:43 PM
wow thanks.. Funny thing is I had just turned the car on to get in line to race. Never had seen it?

It is odd that it came on at that kind of time...really odd. So, good question, regardless. Hmm.

WickedMom
12-05-2009, 07:45 PM
Today while I was at the track the car kept dinging at me(about 5 times, randomly). At start up, for about 2 minutes (unless I restarted it). Sounded like the chime that goes off when the key is left in the ignition and the door is opened (with the engine off).

Maybe the racing gods were trying to tell us something.

Ark, what did you run?

dukeofpg
12-05-2009, 08:49 PM
Today while I was at the track the car kept dinging at me(about 5 times, randomly). At start up, for about 2 minutes (unless I restarted it). Sounded like the chime that goes off when the key is left in the ignition and the door is opened (with the engine off).

Maybe the racing gods were trying to tell us something.

Ark, what did you run?

My car has done this since the beginning. It actually happened once at the dealer. The tech drove it back inside and said that it fixed itself after a couple minutes. What an IDIOT! I know it eventually goes off. It happens about every fifth cycle. So I just restart and it is gone. It really pisses me off. I am glad someone else has this problem. I would think you might be the best to get it figured out. Let us know if you get a fix.