PDA

View Full Version : Transmission issue

Blackrider
11-23-2009, 07:08 PM
I'm having a small issue with my transmission when downshifting under light throttle. The place it always happens is when I'm decelerating with very light throttle coming onto a ramp, when the load increases (Up hill) at around 80KPH the transmission downshifts from 5th to 4th but it does so with a bang. Has anyone experienced any banging when downshifting? It happens other times as well however this is the most common occurrence.

I Have the VMS tune.

Jordie

Patrick G
11-23-2009, 07:51 PM
Might be too much line pressure at light throttle and lack of torque management.

Steve@Vectormotorsports
11-24-2009, 09:50 AM
Might be too much line pressure at light throttle and lack of torque management.

We don't get rid of downshift TM for this reason. The pump pressure is set at the factory settings, but line PSI will automaticly rise when the shift timming is reduced.

What TCM file do you have loaded? We may have an update for you.

Blackrider
11-24-2009, 05:15 PM
Steve,

Should I just send my current file to you and reference this thread?

Whats the e-mail address again?

-Ray-
11-25-2009, 03:25 AM
His email address is in his sig Jordie.

Blackrider
11-25-2009, 06:32 AM
His email address is in his sig Jordie.

Would you look at that...

Steve@Vectormotorsports
11-25-2009, 06:49 AM
Would you look at that...

No problem, send it over.

steve@vectormotorsports.com

grandmacpubah
11-25-2009, 08:00 AM
I have this too, I just sent you guys an email with my file. Might not be the tune, as I said in my email, I haven't loaded the stock tune to see if it goes away.

grandmacpubah
12-01-2009, 09:19 AM
You ever hear anything back blackrider? I sent an email and my tune file and haven't heard back. Was curious if you actually got an updated tune or not.

NYG8GT
12-01-2009, 12:16 PM
I believe I am experiencing this same issue, I guess I should have Mike check the tune? The other day I made a quick decision to make a right hand turn, hit the brakes from like 30mph and slowed down to ~10mph to make the turn, and after I was on the road I turned on to the tranny was still in like 4th or 5th gear and banged HARD in to 2nd gear when I got back on the gas, and its not like I got on it hard. Would that be the TM being set to low causing that?