PDA

View Full Version : Forced induction

BigV8
11-22-2009, 04:18 PM
There has not been a lot of talk from the forced induction crowd :flame: about how they like their system after they installed them and i can't get enough of the bragging cause i'm looking to join the crowd soon, so lets hear some talk. :woohoo: Thanks

pancho
11-22-2009, 05:09 PM
Have the MP 1900 on my car. The base tune provided with the MC was not the best. Low RPM acceleration was sluggish and WOT was like being hit with a bat. Had the car tuned by Fastlane http://www.fastlaneincorporated.com (http://www.fastlaneincorporated.com/) in Houston and what a difference it made. Low RPM acceleration is linear and tractable while WOT is killer. Now I need to get tires and suspension mods so I have traction. Any full throttle application at speeds < 45 MPH result in tire spin.

parish8
11-22-2009, 05:15 PM
twin 60mm turbos here. aps style. i love to drive my car. it realy plants you in the seat. i went out the other night and did a little roll racing. the g8 was pulling on everything i raced. 05got with a pile of bolt ons and a 100shot. a ~99ws6 with a pile of bolt ons and a 100shot. an older iroc with a mp70 running 16psi and a little nitrous. all roll races from at least 20mph which is my sweet spot. fun night.

El.Diablos.G8
11-22-2009, 06:11 PM
twin 60mm turbos here. aps style. i love to drive my car. it realy plants you in the seat. i went out the other night and did a little roll racing. the g8 was pulling on everything i raced. 05got with a pile of bolt ons and a 100shot. a ~99ws6 with a pile of bolt ons and a 100shot. an older iroc with a mp70 running 16psi and a little nitrous. all roll races from at least 20mph which is my sweet spot. fun night.

Poor GTO or should I say Jay:hang:

VegasNate
11-22-2009, 08:35 PM
I can't tell much of a difference from stock. :D

BigV8
11-23-2009, 07:26 AM
Yea Nate, your burn out video was a hit at work. The new Camaro forum is loaded with people putting on maggies from different Tuners. Fun reading.

Blown396
11-23-2009, 09:47 AM
Im Jealous of you guys..........One day, I keep telling myself, one day...... :)

99-LS1-SS
11-23-2009, 10:11 AM
I want forced induction!!!!!! If I had my choice, I would probably go with turbos but my wallet will most likely force me (pun intended) to a 2300.

VegasNate
11-23-2009, 10:26 AM
I want forced induction!!!!!! If I had my choice, I would probably go with turbos but my wallet will most likely force me (pun intended) to a 2300.

You will still love that setup. Not many people are pushing the 2300 to it's full potential. I'm gonna up my boost soon and push mine a little harder. Meth kit, 8 rib pulley conversion, and Lonnie's fuel system are in the works. I'm shooting for over 650 rwh. After that I swear I'm finished! :wacko:

99-LS1-SS
11-23-2009, 10:48 AM
You will still love that setup. Not many people are pushing the 2300 to it's full potential. I'm gonna up my boost soon and push mine a little harder. Meth kit, 8 rib pulley conversion, and Lonnie's fuel system are in the works. I'm shooting for over 650 rwh. After that I swear I'm finished! :wacko:

:rofl:

The sooner you come to grips with the fact that it's NEVER finished, the happier you will be! :D

Ktlplxm
11-23-2009, 01:56 PM

hahahahahahahahahahahbullshithahahahahahahahahaha

Mike P
11-23-2009, 02:23 PM
I can't tell much of a difference from stock. :D

I bet..... :D

BigV8
12-10-2009, 06:04 AM
Well the plan is in motion. Livernois had a black friday sale for $500 off installation of one of their packages, so the Magnacharger 2300 in going on:woohoo: Now, when is the question. Do not have the extra cash for the truck ride up and back so I'll have to time the snow storms after the first of the year. Thanks everyone for the inputs that pushed me over to the other side of the power:flame::)

Ktlplxm
12-10-2009, 06:23 AM
Thats good. I'm sure you'll enjoy it

bradshow
12-10-2009, 09:08 AM
how much boost can the 1.9 and 2.3 handle without creating too much heat? i know the Eatons can handle around 15 psi with a port and intercooler upgrades. How much does the DOD effect numbers when a blower is added?

Ktlplxm
12-10-2009, 01:21 PM
dod doesnt affect it since it isnt producing boost while cruising, and dod isnt active at WOT

Robert@KBXPerformance
12-10-2009, 05:07 PM
I did TT's on my G8GT a few months back. All the mods it has so far are basic boltons and the TT system with supporting mods. Even while only running 8.5 psi boost the car pulls real well. Punch it on the highway and it spools right away and accelerates like it was shot out of a slingshot. Here soon the meth injection system and turbocam with DoD delete will be finding its way into the G8 GTTT. That should make for a real interesting ride even while still on low boost. :secret:

99-LS1-SS
12-10-2009, 05:09 PM
Is it wrong to have boost envy....is that one of the deadly sins?

Top Speed
12-10-2009, 05:21 PM
no it's more like crack....

Ktlplxm
12-12-2009, 06:10 AM
Is it wrong to have boost envy....is that one of the deadly sins?

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb222/ktlplxm/Boost.jpg

gr8lover
12-12-2009, 05:28 PM
Thou Shall not covet thy neighbors boost....

BigV8
12-18-2009, 11:41 AM
Well it looks like the 4th of January will be the day the maggie gets started on at Livernois as long as there is not a big snow event for the drive up. Also adding the BMR trailing arms and the adjustable bushed rear toe rods. They will have it for a week. My wife, Cathy is very understanding stating it was my x-mas and b-day present for the rest of my life! LOL

G8GT721
12-18-2009, 11:48 AM
:woohoo: congrats

99-LS1-SS
12-18-2009, 01:29 PM
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb222/ktlplxm/Boost.jpg

I sense some foreshadowing. :)

BigV8
12-18-2009, 04:11 PM
I sense some foreshadowing. :)

And your daughters eyes made me do it!

2StepsAhead
12-19-2009, 03:58 AM
Its such a shame the APS kits arent availible anymore...but I heard gen-tt is but no one has too much info on them.

BigV8
01-03-2010, 06:48 AM
:windy: Looks like the drive up to Livernois might be on the cool side. My wife is tagging along for the ride also. We are driving up half way this evening because we both work today. Can't wait to get the maggie on a see what real HP feels like. I'll post after I get it back next week. :)

GeorgeInNePa
01-03-2010, 01:07 PM
Its such a shame the APS kits arent availible anymore...but I heard gen-tt is but no one has too much info on them.

PM either East Texas Muscle Cars or Robert@KBXPerformance they are both dealers. Robert also has a Gen TT system on his G8.

2StepsAhead
01-03-2010, 01:54 PM
PM either East Texas Muscle Cars or Robert@KBXPerformance they are both dealers. Robert also has a Gen TT system on his G8.
Yeah I saw a post by Robert already...doesnt seem to be a shade tree mechanic kit by any stretch. My G8 is my dd so Im kinda reluctant to start something I might not be able to finish and possibly having to have it looked at all the time.

Livernois Motorsports
01-03-2010, 08:07 PM
:windy: Looks like the drive up to Livernois might be on the cool side. My wife is tagging along for the ride also. We are driving up half way this evening because we both work today. Can't wait to get the maggie on a see what real HP feels like. I'll post after I get it back next week. :)

It's definitely cold.... this was last night :windy:

See you soon!

parish8
01-03-2010, 08:29 PM
It's definitely cold.... this was last night :windy:

See you soon!

must be nice. it was -14 here last night.

BigV8
01-05-2010, 06:52 AM
must be nice. it was -14 here last night.

I fell for you. It was 22 when I dropped off the car yesterday with a few flurries. Kyle was great, took my wife and I for a tour of the shop and got to meet Rick, which he was so kind to give us a ride to the airport. I just love the way this group at Livernois works!

Livernois Motorsports
01-05-2010, 09:32 AM
I fell for you. It was 22 when I dropped off the car yesterday with a few flurries. Kyle was great, took my wife and I for a tour of the shop and got to meet Rick, which he was so kind to give us a ride to the airport. I just love the way this group at Livernois works!

Jerry,

It was great meeting you and your wife. It's always nice to put a name with a face after talking to someone via the internet or phone. It was no problem at all. See you when you come back to pick it up!

-Rick

Tempest2000
01-05-2010, 03:53 PM
Rick and Andy are ok in my book. rick dropped me off at the airport too... How many miles you got on that cobalt now rick?

I've got 31k now on my G8 in a year and a half :(

I keep wanting to get a daily driver to keep miles off my G8, but every time I take my wifes tahoe as much as it is a nice ride... I'm like dam I wish I had my car right now LOL

First thing I do when I get home from a vacation? Drive my car for a couple hours.

Oh yeah Rick, tax season is a coming and I'm getting everything paid off so I can get that 2300 maggie :) Last year my tax credit got me the cam and headers, this year FI!!!

Andy@Livernois
01-05-2010, 04:40 PM
Rick and Andy are ok in my book. rick dropped me off at the airport too... How many miles you got on that cobalt now rick?

I keep wanting to get a daily driver to keep miles off my G8, but every time I take my wifes tahoe as much as it is a nice ride... I'm like dam I wish I had my car right now LOL

First thing I do when I get home from a vacation? Drive my car for a couple hours.

Oh yeah Rick, tax season is a coming and I'm getting everything paid off so I can get that 2300 maggie :) Last year my tax credit got me the cam and headers, this year FI!!!

LOL, you know what to do when its time ;)

Tempest2000
01-05-2010, 07:36 PM
I decided to wait till I could go FI... and you will here your phone ring as soon as the return is on its way :)

BigV8
01-05-2010, 07:39 PM

Yea, it never ends. A cam with a maggie.... priceless. I know what you mean about driving the G8, mines a daily driver and I will also rack up miles but it's such a blast to drive!

BigV8
01-05-2010, 07:42 PM
Jerry,

It was great meeting you and your wife. It's always nice to put a name with a face after talking to someone via the internet or phone. It was no problem at all. See you when you come back to pick it up!

-Rick

Thank you. Can't wait to get the call!

Livernois Motorsports
01-05-2010, 10:10 PM

A little over 12,000 in 7 months... and I beat it like I stole it daily!

http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg324/LivernoisMotorsports/20lbs.jpg :)

With all of the good deals GM has now, I tried to find a GXP 6-Speed, but had no luck. I guess I'll keep the Cobalt and drive shop cars...

Let us know when you want to do that blower.. The last G8 we did with the cam package and a blower was awesome!

-Rick

Andy@Livernois
01-06-2010, 04:21 AM
Yea, it never ends. A cam with a maggie.... priceless. I know what you mean about driving the G8, mines a daily driver and I will also rack up miles but it's such a blast to drive!

we could always do a nice little 1c cam in it right now ;) on the GXP's since it's already apart it doesn't add too much to the cost ya know ;)

CJ-WP
01-06-2010, 05:05 AM

I run my hand all along her smooth curves while whispering sweet nothings in her ear... and then we go for a spin!

:woohoo:

BigV8
01-06-2010, 07:27 AM
we could always do a nice little 1c cam in it right now ;) on the GXP's since it's already apart it doesn't add too much to the cost ya know ;)Yea if I only had just a little more $ in the buget it would be great. Thanks again for the call.

Tempest2000
01-06-2010, 06:30 PM
yeah you have to have your limits... I keep thinking... next maggie, next fuel system, next built stroked engine....

In a few years I'll look back and think, I could've paid off my house LOL

99-LS1-SS
01-06-2010, 06:36 PM
A little over 12,000 in 7 months... and I beat it like I stole it daily!

http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg324/LivernoisMotorsports/20lbs.jpg :)

With all of the good deals GM has now, I tried to find a GXP 6-Speed, but had no luck. I guess I'll keep the Cobalt and drive shop cars...

Let us know when you want to do that blower.. The last G8 we did with the cam package and a blower was awesome!

-Rick

Rick, is there anyway to incorporate that boost gauge on the G8s?

Livernois Motorsports
01-06-2010, 07:58 PM
Rick, is there anyway to incorporate that boost gauge on the G8s?

It's just a factory Cobalt SS / Autometer guage. I don't know of any pods for the G8 pillar, however I've seen people fiberglass the "cup" section into other pillars before.

-Rick

Livernois Motorsports
01-06-2010, 08:00 PM
yeah you have to have your limits... I keep thinking... next maggie, next fuel system, next built stroked engine....

In a few years I'll look back and think, I could've paid off my house LOL

One day I started adding up all of the money I've lost on cars... and needless to say it was a lot. I've had several Mustangs and Corvettes and have modded every single one (even when I said I wouldn't).. If I had to do it over again, I don't think I'd change a thing. I had tons of fun with all of my cars and other toys.

-Rick

Andy@Livernois
01-07-2010, 04:19 AM
One day I started adding up all of the money I've lost on cars... and needless to say it was a lot. I've had several Mustangs and Corvettes and have modded every single one (even when I said I wouldn't).. If I had to do it over again, I don't think I'd change a thing. I had tons of fun with all of my cars and other toys.

-Rick

that's cause you're a baller rick ;)

BigV8
01-07-2010, 07:10 AM

-Rick

I hear that! This is one i'm keeping. I regret having to sell my 68 GTO out of high school because I was going in the Navy and my mom and dad were moving.

2008g8gt
01-07-2010, 10:20 AM
Why is it i see the NA guys are running times Close to that of the Forced Induction People?

AKA Cam,Headers,Tune,Torque Converter etc VS Supercharger

99-LS1-SS
01-07-2010, 11:09 AM
Why is it i see the NA guys are running times Close to that of the Forced Induction People?

I think the only forced induction times that are close to H/C cars is people that basically have a Maggie and that's it. Look at some of the cars running turbos. They are the top dogs right now and I doubt they'll lose that title.

G8GT721
01-07-2010, 11:14 AM
im sure traction plays a factor

99-LS1-SS
01-07-2010, 11:16 AM
I don't think many of the Maggie owners have converter also. I think a Maggie with a mid 3K stall converter and sticky tires will surprise some people. Just my opinion though.

BigV8
01-07-2010, 12:28 PM
I don't think many of the Maggie owners have converter also. I think a Maggie with a mid 3K stall converter and sticky tires will surprise some people. Just my opinion though.

I guess you can add some new axles to that.:)

norm8332
01-07-2010, 01:13 PM

FYI: My stock converter stalls at 2800 with the maggie and I had about 425rwtq at that point with my old setup.

99-LS1-SS
01-07-2010, 01:38 PM
FYI: My stock converter stalls at 2800 with the maggie and I had about 425rwtq at that point with my old setup.

Wow Norm, I'm surprised it jumped up that much. Imagine your car with a Yank 3200!

norm8332
01-07-2010, 01:52 PM
Wow Norm, I'm surprised it jumped up that much. Imagine your car with a Yank 3200!

Yeah, I will need to replace it. I don't think it will last once I get that dual fuel pump and turn the boost up to 9psi with the new cam.
:poof:

I'm also thinking of getting my stock rear tires widened. Didn't you have that done? How wide can you/did you go?

99-LS1-SS
01-07-2010, 02:04 PM
I didn't but I think you can go 1.5" safely.

SRG963
01-07-2010, 02:15 PM
Déjà Vu

parish8
01-07-2010, 02:15 PM

with just turbos and a meth kit i ran an 11.44 @124.5, the top 4 guys have boost and see 5mph more than the next closest car.

add all of thost bolt on's to a boosted car and then you will really have a fast car.

Ktlplxm
01-07-2010, 02:33 PM

Maybe because the NA guys are fighting tooth and nail to get to where the FI guys start.?

BigV8
01-16-2010, 06:22 AM
Well the car is done and back at home. The guys at Livernois did another great job. Want to thank Andy and Dan for the tune, Rick for the airport rides(love his cobalt) and Kyle and the mechanics for a job well done:thumbsup:. I did have a plug wire burn in half do to my own fault:facepalm2: with leaving some wire bundle plastic sleeves on the spark plug wires ( it made them look good). They did not melt before the maggie but sure did afterwards and I did not even notice it till I popped the hood the next day. That one wire on the right side must have got so hot it fried the wire where it comes out the boot.The front wires were fine it was the last three on each side that melted.I have not really pounded on it yet but it sure does not take a lot of pedal it get moving fast. I'll give more of a review after I get a chance to drive it more. I updated my sig if want the final numbers.

norm8332
01-16-2010, 08:23 AM
Congrats!

MGM GT
01-16-2010, 09:12 AM
Maybe because the NA guys are fighting tooth and nail to get to where the FI guys start.?

As John Paul Jones said...

"I have not yet begun to fight!"

VegasNate
01-16-2010, 09:20 AM
Congrats and have fun with it. That Maggie bitch is really starting to get around now. :D

G8GT721
01-16-2010, 10:33 AM
^that doesn't make here a bad person

Livernois Motorsports
01-18-2010, 06:58 AM
Well the car is done and back at home. The guys at Livernois did another great job. Want to thank Andy and Dan for the tune, Rick for the airport rides(love his cobalt) and Kyle and the mechanics for a job well done:thumbsup:. I did have a plug wire burn in half do to my own fault:facepalm2: with leaving some wire bundle plastic sleeves on the spark plug wires ( it made them look good). They did not melt before the maggie but sure did afterwards and I did not even notice it till I popped the hood the next day. That one wire on the right side must have got so hot it fried the wire where it comes out the boot.The front wires were fine it was the last three on each side that melted.I have not really pounded on it yet but it sure does not take a lot of pedal it get moving fast. I'll give more of a review after I get a chance to drive it more. I updated my sig if want the final numbers.

Thank you for the kind words Jerry. Glad you arrived home and everything is well!

Here's your video:

L5I31nB27v0&fmt=18

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

gr8lover
01-25-2010, 01:54 PM
Thank you for the kind words Jerry. Glad you arrived home and everything is well!

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

Rick,

Hey I was wondering what you thought about the new BARNEY blower-- :cheers: :uhm:
I heard that the Barney Blower was gunning for you..... I wonder what the torque curve on that would look like...?

BigV8
03-06-2010, 06:11 AM
Here is a couple of pics of my maggie installed.http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt53/Airmech1/100_1300.jpghttp://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt53/Airmech1/100_1299.jpg