PDA

View Full Version : From another board: TPE/Kenne Bell Twin Screw Blower

GeorgeInNePa
10-12-2008, 12:27 PM
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=999210

After years of "Thinking" about it, we have finally decided to pull the trigger on the project.

Effective immediatly, we will beging the development and install of our Total Performance Engineering Twin Screw Blower kit for the 2004-2006 GTO, as well as the new G8..

You wil be happy to know, we are already approximately 80% complete with the project itself. The blower, lower manifold, heat exchanger, cooling system, coolant tank, and all electronics are already finished and in production.

Our inlet manifolds are scheduled to come in next week. The inlet manifold is designed to accomodate anywhere from a 75mm throttle body, all the way to 110mm's. So restriction will be a thing of the past...

Althouh, we are not at liberty to release all information, I will tell you that it will be an intercooled system, that utilizes an oversized water to air heat exchanger, as well as a high flow 4" cold air intake tube, and sealed cold air intake box in the factory location.
It will still utilize a strut tower brace, and not require body modifications. It will also be a COMPLETE bolt on application that can be done at home with standard hand tools.

We will be offering the system in 3 different finishes. It will be available in black annodized, full polished, and black/polished.

Like any high end system, it will be offered in 2 different blower sizes. The base system is a 2.6L high output blower capable to over 750rwhp/750rwtq. The "Big Bore" 2.8H system is designed for 400+ cid motors, that are trying to push 1000+rwhp..

Our target, is a 525-550rwhp/500+rwtq out of the box system on a bone stock car. With a cam swap and headers, were seeing 600rwhp, 550rwtq.

The BEST part of all is price.. Although this is NOT set in stone, we are attempting to keep the complete system in the $6,000 dollar range COMPLETE.
Unlike the 3000+ dollar upgrade on the maggie, the upgrade from the 2.6 to 2.8H will be right around 500 bucks..

We begin installation this week, so we will update as we go on..

Please try to keep the PM's to a minimum. I'd love for this to be an open discussion. So, if you have suggestions, this is your chance to have a DIRECT influence on the design and implementation of the kit.

Lastly, Although we are the worldwide distributor of the Kenne Bell Supercharger systems, Kenne Bell has decided they do not have any intrest in the "Other" GM lines.

Total performance Engineering has no intrest messing around with their mustang kits. We have reached an agreement to build the tuner systems for the other GM vehicles.

So although this WILL utilize a Kenne Bell headunit, this is a Total Performance Engineering Twin Screw Blower System. NOT a Kenne Bell system. These systems will be not be available through Kenne bell. They will be available through our company, as well as the MANY TPE authorized dealers around the country. We are currently in talks with all of your favorite shops on LS1tech.
So be looking out for some 9 seceond TPE twin screw cars hitting the streets soon.

Once released, TPE will be investing in a contingency program for you hard core guys. So once this kit hits the market in the next few months, we want the biggest, baddest gto's in the country racing our product.

We look forward to build the hardest hitting, fastest GTO's in the world..

Kind Regards,

Jeff
Owner
Total Performance Engineering
702-568-8321
Jeff@TotalPerformanceEngineering.com

BTW, Here is an example of a 2.8H on a 9.5:1, LS2 402 at 16psi, on pump gas and single stage methanol. C5 Corvette (6spd)

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b320/AMERICAN_HP/850_8002.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b320/AMERICAN_HP/ls2402.jpg

RoSSco

I see you have a G8.. I dont remmeber if I mentioned it, but YOU will have a blower for your car as well..

Oh, ah...I'm spent.

MANOFSTEEL69
10-12-2008, 04:09 PM
Looks like I need to start hauling an extra load a week........ :(