PDA

View Full Version : Kooks/BMR/Charlie

fiveoh
11-21-2009, 07:14 PM
Well I was trying to be :secret: about this stuff for the track day today but it got rained out. Then I had to move my car and CERTAIN PEOPLE with keen ears picked up on the header sound so the cats out of the bag.

Brand: Kooks 1 7/8 Headers with Catted X pipe
Price: VERY good(I wont mention it here because it was below the website price but contact maryland speed they WILL give you a great deal)
Purchased From: (URL) marylandspeed(Branden at maryland speed was great to work with shipped them fast and gave me a great deal highly recomended)

Installation: (Use easy, moderate, involved, or difficult) N/A
Installation Time: N/A
Any Installation Tips You Have: (optional) Have Charlie install them

Quality of Part: (rate 1-10) 10
Product Performance: (rate 1-10) 10
Would you Recommend to Others: yes

Any Other Comments: I knew when I got these there was only one place that I was going to take my car to have them put on. To the grrrr8 man himself Charlie. I've had several shops work on my mustang before, everytime I felt like they didnt really care about me or my car they where just trying to get my $$$. Not with Charlie. He made sure everything was perfect. I felt like he actually cared about my car and treated it like it was his own. It was very nice not having to worry about it being done right and to know that any problems that came up he would take care of. He even called me a few times during the install to update me on how it was going. Ok enough ass kissing, back to the part review. ;)

The headers made a very noticeable difference ESPECIALLY in the top end. I did NOT lose anything down low I feel like it actually picked up down low(spins more now) even thou I went with the 1 7/8. The sound with the stock mufflers is perfect for what I wanted. Very quiet when cruising and a nice roar when you step on it. I can take some video if anyone is interested. At idle you can't even tell its not stock.

Brand: BMR Rear Control Arms
Price: $120-130(I forget exactly)
Purchased From: (URL) BMR

Installation: (Use easy, moderate, involved, or difficult) N/A
Installation Time: N/A
Any Installation Tips You Have: (optional) Have Charlie install them

Quality of Part: (rate 1-10) 9/10
Product Performance: (rate 1-10) 4/10
Would you Recommend to Others: not at this point

Any Other Comments: See above comments about Charlie, he installed these as well and did a grrrr8 job.

I bought these to get rid of my wheel hop. I was mostly seeing wheel hop going into 2nd at the track. I was told by a few people and the guys at BMR that it should help with the wheel hop. It did not help my wheel hop going into 2nd at all. I will say that the guys at BMR told me I might need stickier tires as well to get rid of the wheel hop. Don't get me wrong it is a quality piece and a lot nicer and stronger then the stock piece, it just did nothing for my wheel hop which is why I gave it a 4/10 on performance. It may help with stickier tires but I dont have any to try.

Punisher
11-21-2009, 11:15 PM
louder, louder, louder :D

-Ray-
11-22-2009, 03:54 AM
Nice write up.

GRRRR8
11-22-2009, 07:24 AM
Thanks for the GRRRR8 write up.

Anybody that has come to me knows that I service ALL cars just like they are mine. Thats what the customer deserves and expects.

I am happy to hear you are happy with everything.

What do you want to do with your mid-pipe?

todds87ss
11-23-2009, 03:24 AM
Good write up. I was of the impression that the new toe rods and trailing arms would fix wheel hop...

Horn09
11-23-2009, 07:20 AM
nice. gotta love LTs. my car is way too quiet since I put the stock mufflers back on this weekend even without cats.

locrzn#92
11-23-2009, 08:52 AM
It did cure most of my wheel hop, so, I'm happy and sorry to hear it didn't do anything for your ride. Some also depends on the tire on the rear. Mine does it occasionally with my winter tires that are All Season and a harder compound for longer wear. they spin much easier then my sticky Summer tires which have never wheel hopped on any pavement and neither have done it at the track. Needless to say it was a nice write up and each may have a different outcome. I love my Kook's mid length, so, we definetly agree on that one and they are top qualitiy headers and great fit, mine are catted.

BMR Sales
11-23-2009, 09:55 AM
Alot of times it takes more than just the trailing arms to cure the wheel hop and every car is different. If you want give me a call at the shop and we can go over some of the different options to help take care of the wheel hop for you.

fiveoh
06-23-2010, 03:39 PM
Testing out the new iphone, figured I'd upload a video of the car in 720p. Yes I know its shaky, its hard to hold the phone still in one hand and keys in the other, but you get the idea of the sound. Idle is as quiet as stock, startup a little louder. I'll get my wife to help me do a rev and or flyby video later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fkOD7tPRwE