PDA

View Full Version : XM Free 11/17-11/30

pokey
11-17-2009, 06:21 AM
Not sure if this is for all 09, 09.5 G8's but I received a letter in the mail yesterday that XM was turning my service back on. If you still have the XM box in your car maybe you want to give it a try?

G8 GT V8
11-17-2009, 07:16 AM
Thanks, will give it a try...

fiveoh
11-17-2009, 07:42 AM
I got this as well. I need to plug my box back in.

CanuckG8
11-17-2009, 01:27 PM
Thanks for the heads-up Pokey!! I went out at Lunch and tried XM - it was re-activated as you said. I let mine lapse after the 3 month free trial. Funny, I never received a letter as of yet and I was even speaking with an XM Canada Rep. yesterday about pricing and she never even mentioned this promo.
Have a nice day!:Canada:

Greg@PacePerformance
11-17-2009, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the post. I haven't used the XM since the 3 month trial expired 2 years ago. I just checked and it is working :)
Must have activated everyone again.

TLS
11-17-2009, 03:08 PM
I'll have to check mine.

I just like local radio better. I would consider if they offered it cheaper. It is great on long trips where you'd normally loose local FM signal.

Panzer Leader
11-17-2009, 03:10 PM
Free, for how long?

pha|anx
11-17-2009, 03:46 PM
Free, for how long?

x2

TxNessie84
11-17-2009, 05:04 PM
Here is the text of the email I got today for those who haven't gotten it yet.

Beginning today, you're invited to try XM* Radio until November 30 at no charge. And you don't have to do a thing. Your XM is already on. Just hit the BAND/XM button and start listening!

Sample 60 XM channels including commercial-free music, hilarious comedy, the best in sports, news, talk, entertainment and more
See the 60 channel lineup and start picking your favorites here
If you love what you hear and want over 170 channels, XM is now offering special subscription rates. For a limited time, get the XM Everything package at just $4.99 per month for 6 months, or $77 for a full year.** Subscribe now or
call 1-877-296-0322.

Remember, everything worth listening to is on XM.

Enjoy your two-week, no-cost trial!

chipman283
11-17-2009, 06:05 PM
I got the E-mail today and forgot all about it until now, thanks for reminding me.

TLS
11-18-2009, 05:26 AM
They're trying to get all the Thanksgiving travelers hooked on it while on the way to Grandma's house!

Art708
11-18-2009, 05:43 PM
I've had XM for about 5 years. I had a problem with their charging me the wrong amount. I called them last month to complain and they said that they were giving me 2 of the radios free for 3 months and charging me 8 something for the other 2. So today I logged onto my bank account and saw that they had charged me $46.58 again. I called them and got some bullshit jabber from someone from who knows where talking a mile a minute. Finally I told her to stop right there. Just cancel all 4 subscriptions and credit my bank card back the money. Fuckem.... I'll listen to local radio or plug in my mp3 player.

HoldenMan21
11-18-2009, 07:50 PM
Actually did get a letter in July after my 3 month's trial period was a bout to expire,
from XM giving me 3 years free. Maybe a week after I got a phone call from On-Star confirming that they were giving me 3 years free on the Directions & Connections plan and they included 100 hands-free calling minutes !

I was sure it was telemarketing fraud at first and almost told them to F... off.
I called my sale's rep at my dealership and to my surprise he confirmed everything !

Kermit
11-18-2009, 08:31 PM
Bummer for me. I tried this morning to see if mine has be re-activated and no love. Oh well, I listen to MP3's mostly now anyway. :hang:

TLS
11-19-2009, 05:05 AM
Actually did get a letter in July after my 3 month's trial period was a bout to expire,
from XM giving me 3 years free. Maybe a week after I got a phone call from On-Star confirming that they were giving me 3 years free on the Directions & Connections plan and they included 100 hands-free calling minutes !

Seriously???

Sounds like two killer deals. Two killer deals that I would surely go for.

Panzer Leader
11-19-2009, 10:10 AM
I love the original ad,6 months at $4.99 OK thats $30.00 OR 12 months for $77.00 What am I missing?

pokey
11-19-2009, 03:17 PM
I've had XM for about 5 years. I had a problem with their charging me the wrong amount. I called them last month to complain and they said that they were giving me 2 of the radios free for 3 months and charging me 8 something for the other 2. So today I logged onto my bank account and saw that they had charged me $46.58 again. I called them and got some bullshit jabber from someone from who knows where talking a mile a minute. Finally I told her to stop right there. Just cancel all 4 subscriptions and credit my bank card back the money. Fuckem.... I'll listen to local radio or plug in my mp3 player.

This is exactly why I won't sign up even for another limited "trial". I can't stand it when companies try to sweeten their profits by auto renewing at a higher rate, not including taxes in their quote for service, etc. IMHO this is pretty unethical, but I guess if it increases your profits who cares!

Once this service is over, I'll remove the box from my car, when Onstar expires they are gone too from my trunk.

If I took a long road trip in the G8 (again) I might sign-up for a few months but keep a close eye on them!

pokey
11-19-2009, 03:20 PM
I love the original ad,6 months at $4.99 OK thats $30.00 OR 12 months for $77.00 What am I missing?

Another way for them to try and trick some poor folks who go by the standard thinking that the longer service means a cheaper rate.

I have to stop posting from work all I want to do is rant! :poof: