PDA

View Full Version : Good mechanics in Miami?

rez0nance
11-09-2009, 12:27 PM
Do you guys know of a good domestic car mechanic in Miami? I have a (female) friend who drives an '02 Focus, who needs to replace a bad/broken engine mount, and is looking for a mechanic that works on weekends. She's looking for someone she can go to long term, for oil changes and regular tune-ups, that sort of thing. Given that I work on my car myself, I really have no idea who to recommend to her.

Ironically, this might not be the best place to ask this question actually because I'm sure most of you guys are the same and do your own maintenance work. Granted, there is the option of offering to give her a hand myself, but without getting at least a guaranteed bl- well, never mind.

So anyway, given that this girl isn't really into cars, a trustworthy, good mechanic that is open on weekends would be great, so I figured I'd ask around. Any recommendations?

rez0nance
11-09-2009, 01:42 PM
bump

rez0nance
11-10-2009, 11:16 AM
It's because of the "good" and "trustworthy" parts, isn't it? I might as well have posted that I was looking for a leprechaun riding on a unicorn chased by a minotaur.

:)

irnwkrkev
11-10-2009, 03:18 PM
LOL! I'm in the same boat as you. I don't really trust mechanics and work on my own cars. What part of Miami? I know of a good tire place that's open Saturdays and I think they do all types of mechanic work but am not sure. Banner Tire off of US1 and S.W. 174 +/-. It's where US1 splits and it's in the middle. I've seen them grow from a small shop to their huge place now and they do great work. Hope this helps, Kevin

rez0nance
11-11-2009, 08:05 AM
LOL! I'm in the same boat as you. I don't really trust mechanics and work on my own cars. What part of Miami? I know of a good tire place that's open Saturdays and I think they do all types of mechanic work but am not sure. Banner Tire off of US1 and S.W. 174 +/-. It's where US1 splits and it's in the middle. I've seen them grow from a small shop to their huge place now and they do great work. Hope this helps, Kevin

Oh man, I actually got a response! I had already thought it was a lost cause, lol!

Damn, US1 and SW 174 sounds pretty far, but I'm not sure where this girl is living now (since I haven't really seen her since I graduated from UM) so who knows, she might live down south that way. I definitely appreciate the suggestion, thanks man.

BSmith
11-22-2009, 03:59 PM
Lemme ask a couple friends, I think most of them do their own work though. What part of Miami?

rez0nance
11-23-2009, 10:58 AM
Lemme ask a couple friends, I think most of them do their own work though. What part of Miami?

She used to live in the Dadeland area, but just moved this week to Miami Beach. I don't think she'd mind driving too far if it's a good place though. Thanks for the info.

saltyrodz
05-11-2010, 08:46 AM
shit ppl with g8s do live in miami and do visit this board sweet.