PDA

View Full Version : Hey you Durham-Raleigh members!

MANOFSTEEL69
10-10-2008, 07:52 AM
I know there's some of you out there, as I40 is the only place so far in the country I've seen 2 G8's within seconds of each other, lol. A liquid red, and the titanium grey. But anyways, we're starting to look for jobs, (well the wife is, I'm already locked in through my company that has a terminal in Sanford) and I'm wanting to know the better suburb areas to look for a house. We have 1 kid in 6th grade left, so an area with some decent schools is prefered. Thanks for the help. Look for the fastest IOM near you soon! ;)

GRRRR8
10-10-2008, 08:10 AM
I wished I still lived in GA because it sure would cut out 12 hours of the drive!

MANOFSTEEL69
10-10-2008, 08:25 AM
Almost ended up in your neck of the neighborhood last week Charlie, but the load was cancelled :(

99-LS1-SS
10-10-2008, 08:36 AM
I lived in Raleigh for about 8 years. My brother owns a body shop in Garner right outside of Raleigh.

What type of area are you looking for? Rural, city, suburbs or something else? Raleigh has every type of town in or around that area. I don't know a whole lot about Durham since I haven't spent much time there. I grew up in High Point and Greensboro then moved to Raleigh at age 23 and then moved to Charlotte for 9 months and back to Greensboro.

I like the area that I live in now the most. It's probably a comfort thing though. If I "had" to live somewhere else it would be the Raleigh area. I really enjoyed that whole area. It's like having a big city with a small town feel. I didn't care too much for Charlotte. It's a little too "big city" for my tastes.

GRRRR8
10-10-2008, 08:37 AM
Almost ended up in your neck of the neighborhood last week Charlie, but the load was cancelled :(

If that ever happens again, call me to see if I can meet you somewhere.

MANOFSTEEL69
10-10-2008, 11:52 AM
Probably a Raleigh suburb. I've looked at a couple houses in Garner so far. I'm down in NC at least once a week and I love it. SC next week, then maybe to TX for my backhaul.

99-LS1-SS
10-10-2008, 12:50 PM
Garner = reasonably prices mosty rural, a lot of land
Cary = most expensive higher end homes
Knightdale = mostly middle to lower end homes, lots of land
Raleigh = has all price ranges but very little land

GXPaycheck
10-10-2008, 03:40 PM
Welcome to the neighborhood! I'm in Clayton, a suburb of Garner, southeast of Raleigh. Sanford is close to the Apex area. Nice and cheaper than Cary. Hope u like BBQ!!

GXPaycheck
10-10-2008, 05:40 PM
Garner = reasonably prices mosty rural, a lot of land
Cary = most expensive higher end homes
Knightdale = mostly middle to lower end homes, lots of land
Raleigh = has all price ranges but very little land

Don't forget the thriving metropolis of Lizard Lick!

Wake county will have higher taxes, Johnston county is more rural and taxes are better. Clayton sits between Sanford and Knightdale (another white GT resides in Knightdale, btw), but this side of town will be a longer drive. Personally i'm not a big fan of the Durham area. If you have $$$ and a liberal leaning there's always Chapel Hill (just beware of the Hospital there). Research Triangle Park is a good place to look for a job.
If i'm around I would be happy to help out (except when it comes to heavy furniture):om:

GXPaycheck
10-10-2008, 05:41 PM
I lived in Raleigh for about 8 years. My brother owns a body shop in Garner right outside of Raleigh.

Which shop?

99-LS1-SS
10-12-2008, 06:20 AM
Don't forget the thriving metropolis of Lizard Lick!

How could I have forgotten Lizard Lick?!?!

His shop is called Garner Collision. Here is a link to his site.
http://www.garnercollision.com/

He does very good work.

GXPaycheck
10-13-2008, 05:41 AM
How could I have forgotten Lizard Lick?!?!

His shop is called Garner Collision. Here is a link to his site.
http://www.garnercollision.com/

He does very good work.

I will drop in a check it out!
If I can be of assistance with the move, let me know. I know a couple good real estate agents in my area as well!

GXPaycheck
01-22-2009, 04:35 PM
Any updates?

BSmith
01-22-2009, 05:05 PM
Sanford huh? I know that area. My folks bought a building up there to start moving the construction company up.

They are going to be down in Southern Pines, and it seems like a nice area. It's about 30 minutes from Sanford.

Ktlplxm
01-23-2009, 06:23 PM
Whenever I'm in the Durham area having work done, I always stay w a buddy in Cary. The houses are nice, not crowded and easy access to everything. Right off of 85, you can hit Rockingham, Greensboro, Raleigh, Fayetteville, Charlotte, etc within 2hrs. Never really like the Raleigh side of the "Triangle" though, too busy for me.

chiller2484
02-05-2009, 11:02 AM
my little brother lives in North Raleigh/almost wake forest and works in Cary. those two areas, when i go to visit, are very nice it seems.