PDA

View Full Version : Vibration & Leak: Dealer Today.

SpeedRacerX
11-04-2009, 04:20 PM
I took my car to the dealer this morning to finally have the steering wheel shake / cruising vibration and oil leak looked at.

First, the easy one. I was armed with the EIB on the leak so they added dye, I'll drive around with it for awhile so they can see where it's coming from before they crack 'er open.

Now, the shake and vibration.

They told me they had THREE other G8s in on Monday for the same problem.

They gave me a notice/document from GM - #PIP4691 - that states that the wheel shake and driveline vibration is under Investigation by GM who is looking into the root cause.

I had two tires out of balance. The balancing corrected about 80% of the shake but it's still there but now at least it's bearable.

I have to go back in a couple of weeks to get the dreaded oil leak fixed so we will see if there have been any solutions updated by GM at that time. GM is supposedly not happy about trying 5 different things to no avail in trying to resolve this. They are telling dealers to wait until they figure out the true cause.

They had another G8 in there on Monday that went through road force balancing, new tires and wheels, and even 2 new driveshafts and it did not fully correct the problem.

On a positive note: I still love this car and the dealership was top notch!!!

Devilish34
11-04-2009, 04:48 PM
rotors???

Any shakes I had went away once I put on the DBAs but a new shake developed when I put my cam in. That now said my car will start to have all the problems other G8s are having :( Hopefully they get you straightened out soon.

bwooten492
11-04-2009, 05:07 PM
mine is doing that same shake. I drove a gxp and it had no shake at all. I think it does have alot to do with the brakes.
Mozilla/5.0 440x240 Samsung SCH-U940 NetFront/3.4

vert
11-04-2009, 05:50 PM
The last time I had bad shakes was 2 days after I got on the wagon.
Glad to hear your dealer is taking care of you. My steering wheel has always did have a minor shake in the 50-60mph range. I have lived with it and that was before my LCA's were bad. Once I purchase new rims/tires, I hope it solves it.

Monty
11-04-2009, 09:18 PM
Do the Aus cars have this problem or is it just the ones sent over here?

My new DBA's cleared up my problem.