PDA

View Full Version : Trans Issue(CEL)

thecowboy
11-04-2009, 03:16 PM
Hey, I did a quick search but didn't find anything relevant. I started my car up after work and the CEL came on as well as "Contact Dealer/TCS Off". I called OnStar and they told they were getting a signal from the TCM, but couldn't tell what the problem was, but I should get the car into a dealership in the next few days(no duh). Driving home I noticed the car only went into 3rd gear and the gear indicator never changed from "P" and it kind of jumped into 3rd. Anyway, I'm about to flash the computers back to stock before I take into the dealer, but was just curious if anyone encountered something similiar. I apologize if I missed a thread on this.

EDIT: Also, I've had the mods listed for about 4-6 months

Update: I just flashed back to stock and the CEL went away for now. I'll leave it stock for a few days and see what happens.

bwooten492
11-04-2009, 04:48 PM
that happened while we were tuning my car. Disconect the battery and reconect it after 30 seconds. It went away after that.
Mozilla/5.0 440x240 Samsung SCH-U940 NetFront/3.4

GeoffA
11-04-2009, 08:52 PM
Did you pull the code number it threw?

bwooten492
11-05-2009, 01:45 PM
no i didnt. Sorry. We just cleared it.
Mozilla/5.0 440x240 Samsung SCH-U940 NetFront/3.4

thecowboy
11-05-2009, 04:52 PM
that happened while we were tuning my car. Disconect the battery and reconect it after 30 seconds. It went away after that.

Seems like that was all I would probably of had to have done.

Did you pull the code number it threw?

No I didn't get the code read

I'll probably flash the tune back on this weekend, but this just reminds me how much of a difference the tune makes. The tune just makes this car a completely different animal!