PDA

View Full Version : Reverse Kills?

Cobra
11-03-2009, 06:31 AM
Up early this am so got bored and googled G8 GT Kills. Here are a couple.

350z TT vs Pontiac G8 GT
it's been couple of years I've written a kill story
last night i was on my way to the movies and saw a pontiac. I know nothing about pontiacs, and never seen this model on the streets. seems like he was riding solo and I had my girlfriend in the car with a full tank of gas. he was tip toeing and reving his gas and I did the same. I was in 5th gear and he stomped and I followed suit. He pulled on me like there was no tomorrow! wtf? I'm fully built pushing 501whp, mind you, and i never redline - never had to. I usually take on cars from all facts of life... from 6th gear, even. anyways, this got me pretty grumpy and I dropped to 4th, sat next to him at 60ish. I inched up, slowed down, trying to bait him and after a few moments, he stomped and i followed suit once again. My head was pinned to my seat and I felt like yelling out, 'gotta go dawg!' This is like the only time I really had to go all ballz to the wall on the pedal and even I'm like, 'holy shat' from the all the torque. It climbed up to 130mph, like you would not believe and my girlfriend, at this time, was screaming, 'IM GONNA THROW UP!! and started gagging' I was disoriented from that moment on and did not know how far ahead I was. I let off on the gas immediately and the run was cut prematurly. still was a pretty good run. He gave me a wave out the window and I gave him a courtesy high beam-flash. those cars are quick!!

Dodge Caliber SRT
G8 GT Kill
Last night i went to a local meet and started talking to a guy with a G8 GT who i had previously had one short run with.

The G8 GT is a car I was considering when deciding on the CSRT-4. I love its immense V8 power and growl, but the automatic transmission and tame sedan looks put me off (aswell as the price and uncertainty of Pontiac).

So to have a chance to run against one was too good to pass up, especially as the owner says he has only ever lost of a '70 Grand National & a Saleen 'Stang.

Well we took off to a real quiet, long road out of town. We had three runs. Two from a dead stop and another from a 35 roll.

The two runs from a stop he obviously got me off the line, by quite a decent amount. Once I hit 3rd he stopped pulling and i was gaining on him, but we ran out of road.

Then the roll from 35mph. I punched it from 2nd and immediately pulled on him, by the end of the run we were running at the same speed with me about 2 car lengths ahead of him.

Obviously I was ALL smiles.

Once my stage1 arrives I will be very interested in running from a stop again as this car is so limited in 1st and 2nd.

Thanks for reading!

If you got beat by a Caliber OH THE SHAME:spank:

fiveoh
11-03-2009, 06:51 AM
Ahaha the 350z story sounds like he made it up.

Don't the calibers have the same turbo motor as the srt4 neons? Should be pretty quick.

Cobra
11-03-2009, 06:57 AM
My bad, I guess I didn't realize they had 285HP in a light car. I guess I should not underestimate even the ugly cars :)

Chewy
11-03-2009, 07:01 AM
I like that... The tame looks of the G8 over the Caliber? FUCK ME! THAT was some funny shit right there. It had ALL to do with the money. Jack ass...

Thanks for posting!

Chris

99-LS1-SS
11-03-2009, 07:54 AM
I imagine a light 350 with 501 rwhp would be a force to be reckoned with.

fiveoh
11-03-2009, 08:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQmomtJKWxo
Caliber vs bolton gto.

esinger
11-03-2009, 09:36 AM
he has only ever lost of a '70 Grand National

That's a super rare car, so rare that it wasn't ever made.

04Venom
11-03-2009, 05:52 PM

350z TT vs Pontiac G8 GT
last night i was on my way to the movies and saw a pontiac. I know nothing about pontiacs, and never seen this model on the streets. seems like he was riding solo and I had my girlfriend in the car with a full tank of gas. he was tip toeing and reving his gas and I did the same. I was in 5th gear and he stomped and I followed suit. He pulled on me like there was no tomorrow! wtf? I'm fully built pushing 501whp, mind you, and i never redline - never had to. I usually take on cars from all facts of life... from 6th gear, even. anyways, this got me pretty grumpy and I dropped to 4th, sat next to him at 60ish. I inched up, slowed down, trying to bait him and after a few moments, he stomped and i followed suit once again. My head was pinned to my seat and I felt like yelling out, 'gotta go dawg!' This is like the only time I really had to go all ballz to the wall on the pedal and even I'm like, 'holy shat' from the all the torque. It climbed up to 130mph, like you would not believe and my girlfriend, at this time, was screaming, 'IM GONNA THROW UP!! and started gagging' I was disoriented from that moment on and did not know how far ahead I was. I let off on the gas immediately and the run was cut prematurly. still was a pretty good run. He gave me a wave out the window and I gave him a courtesy high beam-flash. those cars are quick!!

Dodge Caliber SRT
G8 GT Kill
Last night i went to a local meet and started talking to a guy with a G8 GT who i had previously had one short run with.

The G8 GT is a car I was considering when deciding on the CSRT-4. I love its immense V8 power and growl, but the automatic transmission and tame sedan looks put me off (aswell as the price and uncertainty of Pontiac).

So to have a chance to run against one was too good to pass up, especially as the owner says he has only ever lost of a '70 Grand National & a Saleen 'Stang.

Well we took off to a real quiet, long road out of town. We had three runs. Two from a dead stop and another from a 35 roll.

The two runs from a stop he obviously got me off the line, by quite a decent amount. Once I hit 3rd he stopped pulling and i was gaining on him, but we ran out of road.

Then the roll from 35mph. I punched it from 2nd and immediately pulled on him, by the end of the run we were running at the same speed with me about 2 car lengths ahead of him.

Obviously I was ALL smiles.

Once my stage1 arrives I will be very interested in running from a stop again as this car is so limited in 1st and 2nd.

Thanks for reading!

If you got beat by a Caliber OH THE SHAME:spank:

So I am thouroughly confused... Your avatar says Cobra, I think you have a TT 350Z? Your sig has a G8??? :) See where I'm going?

99-LS1-SS
11-03-2009, 05:54 PM
Read the first sentence he typed.

04Venom
11-03-2009, 06:07 PM
Read the first sentence he typed.

Oh yeah, it would pay to read wouldn't it? :wacko: OP, you were really bored. :)

Cobra
11-03-2009, 07:32 PM
Oh yeah, it would pay to read wouldn't it? :wacko: OP, you were really bored. :)
Cobra is for the helicopters I use to work on...I have a G8 GT and happy....and yes I was bored:)

bigwillys58
11-04-2009, 06:52 PM
350z TT vs Pontiac G8 GT

haha what a cresent wrench

DewieJr
11-05-2009, 03:12 AM
Caliber owner: "Yeah I bought this car because the G8 just had to tame of looks"

G8 owner: "Dude you own a hatch back SUV-type wagon thats FWD"

Caliber owner: "Well its got a turbo"

G8 owner: "Yeah dude.....yeah"

wyldman
11-05-2009, 05:38 AM
Caliber owner: "Yeah I bought this car because the G8 just had to tame of looks"

G8 owner: "Dude you own a hatch back SUV-type wagon thats FWD"

Caliber owner: "Well its got a turbo"

G8 owner: "Yeah dude.....yeah"

lol I had one pass me the other day and I didn't realize what it was. I didn't even know they made one, let alone one that it could give me a race. You really can't knock a light car with a turbo set-up. Start doubling atmospheres and good things happen. I'll know better next time.

WARLOCK
11-05-2009, 09:33 PM
i destroyed one of those little match boxes with my GTP just about a month before i traded it in on my G8. it was a stage 1 caliber.. The G8 must have been stock. a light modded G8 should take the lunch wagon, even from a roll.. not downing them though.. u rub um on the floor backwards a couple times and they will go.

mikesgt
11-18-2009, 08:58 AM
I am driving a Caliber right now. Mine is in the body shop for a nice scrap down the side. I don't care how fast the SRT's are, this is probably the shittiest car I have ever driven. The road noise inside is mind bogling and it is cheap as hell made inside. If one does take me, I'll just remeber what a pos it is and smile at him.