PDA

View Full Version : Great Falls Montana

Cheese78
11-01-2009, 05:16 AM
Just got my orders and I am heading to Malmstrom AFB in Great Falls Montana. Any other G8 owning Montana residents on the board. I am looking for advice on good dealerships in the area and any aftermarket car modding stores/garages.

Any advice anyone can give on the area.

On another note, since the car is currently stored in Vegas and was also purchased there, will I need to add the rust protection undercoating and what should I look to pay for that.

Really looking forward to moving up there and cant wait to enjoy roads with no speed limits.

Thanks for the help.

08G8V8
11-17-2009, 10:51 AM
Just got my orders and I am heading to Malmstrom AFB in Great Falls Montana. Any other G8 owning Montana residents on the board. I am looking for advice on good dealerships in the area and any aftermarket car modding stores/garages.

Any advice anyone can give on the area.

On another note, since the car is currently stored in Vegas and was also purchased there, will I need to add the rust protection undercoating and what should I look to pay for that.

Really looking forward to moving up there and cant wait to enjoy roads with no speed limits.

Thanks for the help.

Not sure about any other Montana members on the board, but as a former Montana boy the "resonable and prudent" no speed limit no longer exists. That sure was nice the few times I got pulled over in Montana back in my high school days and just handing the patrol officer a $5 bill for a "conservation of energy" ticket. I got pulled over once and got a $5 ticket for speeding, but a $25 ticket for no seat belt. Not sure why I felt I didn't need a seat belt back then, but it happened.

You can still speed across I-90, there is a 75 mph speed limit, but it is not heavily patrolled. But if you get pulled over, it isn't going to be $5 anymore! Sure would be nice though with the G8.

Enjoy your time in Montana. You probably won't be doing much driving in the G8 during the winter months. It gets pretty cold and lots of snow.

jnak
11-17-2009, 12:51 PM
I'm not in Montana but Lethbridge is pretty close. We're only about 2.5 hours north of Great Falls. I have put the undercoat on all my cars. It only cost about $150 CDN per car so it's not too bad (I think that's about $130 or so US).

Cheese78
11-18-2009, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the replys. Is there a particular type of undercoating I should look for? I am not familiar with any of the types of procedures. Do you have any other good modding/performance shops in your area. I would certainly be willing to drive north if necessary. Thanks again and I look forward to your response.

ronbuick
03-08-2010, 03:55 PM
buy a old beater for the winter and just drive the G8 when weather permits on those
sunny winter dry days only, JMHO and leave off that gook they spray on the bottom!

Ron

Steve
03-08-2010, 04:10 PM
I think I've only ever once seen someone posting they said they were from MT (and not sure if it was here or the other place)... but good luck with your move! Post how you like it up there after you've settled in.

-Ray-
03-08-2010, 04:43 PM
Until Ron showed up, last post was in November of '09. LOL

Steve
03-08-2010, 04:44 PM
*doh* didn't even look at that

ronbuick
03-08-2010, 07:13 PM
yes it has been awhile, it is nice to know that you have been thought of!! thanks

Ron