PDA

View Full Version : Pontiac Show & Go at ATCO - Video

blackbirdws6
10-31-2009, 10:11 PM
The weather was pretty bad on and off all day. Most of it was just light sprinkles of rain here and there but really put a delay on the day. It was warm and muggy which also stunk so no new bests today. I'll get back there in the really cold December air and do it right. The car is still spinning hard going into 2nd so I think it will go 12.6-12.7 in better air and traction.

Regardless, I decided to run in the eliminations and the car was very easy to keep consistent in the 13.0's. I could have prob squeezed it into the 12's which is where the car usually is but no need as it was just that consistent. I spun the tires to clean off the water and barely stalled it and it would put down a 2.0 60' each time without issue. I did get it in the 1.9's earlier but it was very track dependant. I made it all the way to the quarter finals and lost by less than 0.05 secs due to reaction time on a dead on dial-in pass. I took home $50 and this was my first time ever bracket racing. Pretty fun!

The G8 was well represented and it was nice to BS and talk with the other owners that were there. I have video of a couple other G8's under my youtube account.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBTVlw26I1E

aBTVlw26I1E

mtolivecracker
11-01-2009, 04:53 PM
damn those pypes are loud. nice runs. congrats on the cash money!

blackbirdws6
11-01-2009, 05:45 PM
Yea they scream for sure LOL. Should have seen the first run out. Hit second and the back-end took a good step out. Kept my foot in it (Dad wasn't happy about that) and easily corrected. We are going to have to get out to ATCO in some nice negative DA.

Devilish34
11-01-2009, 06:03 PM
Yea they scream for sure LOL. Should have seen the first run out. Hit second and the back-end took a good step out. Kept my foot in it (Dad wasn't happy about that) and easily corrected. We are going to have to get out to ATCO in some nice negative DA.

Black Friday 10am-4pm