PDA

View Full Version : The curse continues

hobokin
10-31-2009, 10:39 AM

GeorgeInNePa
10-31-2009, 11:16 AM
First---> Unless it's a human being in front of you, never, ever swerve. Ok, a moose, horse or cow might count as reason to swerve, because they ride the hood to the windshield and kill you, but never for a small animal. Swerving is a good way to total your car or die or kill someone else on the side of the road or other lane.

I swerved for a deer once and after almost hitting a tree, I learned my lesson. Deer, dog, cat, sorry, thems the brakes. They DIP right there. An animal hit is a Comprehensive Claim, they don't raise your rates for those. Hitting something on the side of the road or rolling your car after driving into a ditch is a Collision Claim, your rates go up.

Second---> The GXP nose is cheaper than the GT nose. Just saying...

MoonPie
10-31-2009, 11:53 AM
First---> Unless it's a human being in front of you, never, ever swerve. Ok, a moose, horse or cow might count as reason to swerve, because they ride the hood to the windshield and kill you, but never for a small animal. Swerving is a good way to total your car or die or kill someone else on the side of the road or other lane.

I swerved for a deer once and after almost hitting a tree, I learned my lesson. Deer, dog, cat, sorry, thems the brakes. They DIP right there. An animal hit is a Comprehensive Claim, they don't raise your rates for those. Hitting something on the side of the road or rolling your car after driving into a ditch is a Collision Claim, your rates go up.

Second---> The GXP nose is cheaper than the GT nose. Just saying...

You'd probably do better hitting the gas when a human is in front of you...It'd help weed out the failure of a species that we are...I generally don't like people, I like my dog more than most people and wouldn't cross the street to piss on someone if they were on fire. But to the OP, I'm sorry you damaged your ride and killed the pup, it'll be okay, it's not like you tried to hit him, shit happens and then you die. Keep your head up. PA's right about insurance claims though.

616 of 933
10-31-2009, 01:39 PM
If you pay for it out of pocket your rates wont go up and it will not be recorded on your Car fax. From what a body shop told me that the insurance company is the one that gets it on the car fax not the body shop.

Panzer Leader
10-31-2009, 02:03 PM
Hobokin, man you are OK in my book. But everyone is right. I have 2 dogs but would not risk a collision at any point. At least, if its a human in the street, and you have to swerve, you can always stop, render assistance, and beat the shit out of them. Animals do not know better, but higher ups on the food chain deserve an ass whoppin!

TomPierce
10-31-2009, 02:44 PM
I know it won't help, but it wasn't your fault.

I know it won't help, but it was a dog, not a child.

Eventually you'll get over it.

It could have been a lot, lot worse. Be thankful it wasn't.

hobokin
11-01-2009, 04:01 PM
Well, a day later and i feel much better about the whole situation. Its sad, and it sucks, but life happens, and ive learned some important lessons from this. And like it was said, it could have been way worse-it wasn't a person.

Here is a picture. Anyone have any clue what kind of estimate i am going to get tomorrow? The hood might be fixable, its slightly bent. The damage on that side is not on the other side at all.

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/9918/accident1.jpg (http://img402.imageshack.us/i/accident1.jpg/)

Thanks for the responses, they really helped. Ive been lurking since i found the website (ive been looking at the other board) but now that ive broken my posting cherry ill be around more.

GeorgeInNePa
11-01-2009, 04:19 PM
Holy Shit!

$3000, easy. Sorry. :(

hobokin
11-01-2009, 04:28 PM
Meh, i honestly had nightmares of 5k+. It'll get taken care of, money comes and goes.

Should i get a gxp bumper? What do i say-just tell them to put a gxp bumper on instead?

crazygreek89
11-29-2009, 05:23 PM
Any update to this story? Sheesh man...I felt so bad reading through your horror stories. :(