PDA

View Full Version : Header Wrap?

Tate
10-08-2008, 09:00 AM
On my 2004 Comp G when I did headers I wrapped them with DEI Header Wrap and after beating the hell out of the car, I could pop the hood and touch the headers and still pretty cool, thus keeping the engine bay much cooler. I have a friend that didn't wrap his because he got them coated and his engine bay was always much hotter then mine. So on the G8's is there anyone who has wrapped their headers either shorties or the LT's and if so, did you see any difference or more importantly gain from it?
Tate

GRRRR8
10-08-2008, 10:05 AM
On my 2004 Comp G when I did headers I wrapped them with DEI Header Wrap and after beating the hell out of the car, I could pop the hood and touch the headers and still pretty cool, thus keeping the engine bay much cooler. I have a friend that didn't wrap his because he got them coated and his engine bay was always much hotter then mine. So on the G8's is there anyone who has wrapped their headers either shorties or the LT's and if so, did you see any difference or more importantly gain from it?
Tate

I was advised not to coat or wrap by ARH. Excessive heat can cause a tube to split and I have seen it happen.

Tate
10-08-2008, 03:46 PM
Fair enough not gonna wrap them then.
Tate

GRRRR8
10-08-2008, 05:40 PM
I use header wraps on race cars, turbo cars and stuff like that. The temps created on long drives and idling are just is too much for a street car and no real benefits. Now 1 day I will coat mine inside and out and then there are some benefits, but for $1000 to coat the entire system minimum, not gonna happen!