PDA

View Full Version : For those getting their #09203 done

GeoffA
10-27-2009, 03:15 PM
Add insult to injury...

As many of you know my car has it's problems from most recently a acting up tranny, to when I first bought my car the paint had to be redone (and it's a shitty job everyone notices it).

I drop my car off last night to get the boots re-placed per the recall. Everything is good, no problems, they say car will be done the next day (today). I get the call that the car is finished and REALIGNED. I go pick it up and start to drive away... ??WTF??? now there is a bad heat shield sounding ting upon startup and the 50 feet I drove. I turn around park the car and head back inside.

-Something wrong?

Yes it's clanking underneath and it never did that before.

-Oh, let me find Pete he worked on it... Service writer walks away.

In the meantime the Service MGR that I've been dealing with proceeds to tell me that he spoke with the Dealer REP again last night and brought up my tranny problem. He said she states that they are still working on it.

-(Service Writer) Pete said he heard the noise and thinks it's a heat shield hitting your exhaust and that it was there.

No, it never made that noise before!...

-(SW) Well he's done tons of these and it has nothing to do with the exhaust and he said he heard the noise too so it had to have been there.

I asked what kind of lift they used to he replied a swing arm and said that never made that sound before. Then the guy I want to kill chimes in,

-Service MGR) Maybe you should take it back to the shop where you had it put on and have them look at it. Make sure there's no dings or hammer marks on it.

I put it on

-(SM) Good then when you get home check it out and let us know.

I will, I'll jack it up as soon as I get home. (PISSED OFF cause they wont acknowledge that they did it) and I left

:poof::poof::poof:

So I jack up the drivers side, and what do I see? the under side of the side skirt had something on it like it was rubbed up against. Ok so I used my finger and it rubbed right off. Then I noticed my exhaust hangers just past my cats were out of the rubber??? So I put both back in.

Now I wanted to check out the work, see the new boots so I look up front under the lip and It's all scrapped up on both side in the very same spots. I'm very careful/anal with my car and know everything that was there and what WASN'T.

I lower the drivers side and proceed to jack up the passenger side, WTF again. My passenger side wheel has what looks like claw marks or something on the outer most edge of the rim. I immediately assumed the alignment machine which would also account for the scrapes. So I push the passenger side heat shield back off of the exhaust which never made that sound before.

So I told the wife I'm going out and I head right back to the Dealership. I walk in (now I'm pissed and it takes a lot to piss me off) see the SM and tell him we need to talk.

Where's your alignment machine?
-(SM) My what?
your alignment machine.
-(SM) It's in the other building.

Now I'm leading the way out of the service dept he's following and I'm telling him how the machine messed up my car and I'll find Blue paint on the nice steep ramps. Low and behold I did and showed him the blue paint and tell him how the clamps screwed up my passenger wheel.

We went out to look at my car and I showed him everything and expressed how I felt. I told him I appreciate all he is doing to try to fix my tranny but you just added more damage to my car. I told him that he brushed me off the other day in front of the REP and his customer service skills suck. I told him that he has driven my car TWICE before and he would have noticed the heat shield hitting the exhaust so stop telling me it was there before. That his mechanic couldn't have done tons of these because there are just a handful of G8's and they said before that they have not had a problem yet. Then he tells me they've fix maybe five. The scuffs go through the newly painted area under the front lip cause you can see the tape line from when it was painted and the scrapes go through it.

It was just me and him talking. I originally was going to get the owner involved but decided not to. My car already had it's problems with paint and stone chips and dings. I told him I don't care about the wheels I plan on replacing them but your adding to my problems and when, WHEN I trade it in I'll never get what I want for it.

I told him I don't want to be a pain in his ass cause I plan on coming to this dealership for service, I just want the work done right without more damage. Whatever he said, something like

-thankyou for bringing it to my attention Mr. A ...

and I said thats another thing STOP calling me MR. A my name is GEOFF.

-When I get to know you I'll call you Geoff

No, you'll be getting to know me

-Well Geoff thankyou

And I left...

GeoffA
10-27-2009, 03:16 PM
If you don't want to read it all Just make sure you check under your front Lip for scrapes and your wheels for alignment marks.

And Yes I do complain a lot because there always seems to be something wrong or not going well with my car from day 1.

Never Buy from a DEALER who is going out of business. Thank you very much HARRY ZIGROSI (old Pontiac dealer)

polo
10-27-2009, 03:30 PM
It just doesn't end for you, does it? I feel for you.

You're way nicer than I am. If I found damage like that on my car, they'd be fixing it. You may be replacing the wheels soon, but you'll be able to get much more for them if they're not damaged. There's no reason why they can't fix a car without causing damage to it. That's just careless.

It's your car, so if you don't want to make a big deal about it, that's your business. But, I think you should have them fix what they messed up. It'll end up costing you money eventually if you don't.

I'm sure you're concerned that if you ask them to fix your wheels they won't fix your tranny. But, those shouldn't be related.

GeorgeInNePa
10-27-2009, 03:37 PM
At this point you need to call Pontiac directly...

GRRRR8
10-27-2009, 03:43 PM
Thats why I laugh when someone says "I will take it to the dealer" In most cases the techs in dealerships have less experience then techs in independent shops. A tech in a independent shop usually has more pride in their work as they are in the community and never getting screwed doing warranty work.

Sorry you are having to go through this Geoff.

GeoffA
10-27-2009, 03:54 PM
It just doesn't end for you, does it? I feel for you.

You're way nicer than I am. If I found damage like that on my car, they'd be fixing it. You may be replacing the wheels soon, but you'll be able to get much more for them if they're not damaged. There's no reason why they can't fix a car without causing damage to it. That's just careless.

It's your car, so if you don't want to make a big deal about it, that's your business. But, I think you should have them fix what they messed up. It'll end up costing you money eventually if you don't.

I'm sure you're concerned that if you ask them to fix your wheels they won't fix your tranny. But, those shouldn't be related.

I understand what you are saying. But what are they going to do for me?

Repaint my front bumper? It's not worth it. The scrapes aren't noticeable unless your underneath plus my car needs more than just a front bumper re-painted, Just ask MIKE @ N.E. When I PM him I tell hell him "this is Geoff A the Blue G8 with the messed up paint"

And the wheels, It's just the front passenger that is messed up maybe I'll take pics and post. But they were already pinged from stone chips from the original dealer (out of business) thats why my paint is messed up, I did get two passenger side windows replaced from dings from stone chips but the wheels I could live with. Thats why it's just giving insult to injury and to me who is very anal and a self proclaimed perfectionist this is killing me.

Yes I do have to call and write up a nice detailed letter to GM.

GeoffA
10-27-2009, 04:00 PM
Thats why I laugh when someone says "I will take it to the dealer" In most cases the techs in dealerships have less experience then techs in independent shops. A tech in a independent shop usually has more pride in their work as they are in the community and never getting screwed doing warranty work.

Sorry you are having to go through this Geoff.

Thanks for calling me Geoff and not buy my last name :)

One good thing on my customer copy of the receipt it shows the work done, and shows this
" customer states hesitation on 1-2 upshift. most noticeable in sport shift but is still present in all modes. tech scanned system, no codes. customer test drove vehicle with DVM. confirmed customer complaint. waiting on product quality center for response."

so it's still documented...

vert
10-27-2009, 04:20 PM
Sorry Geoff. I cringed when I read your issues with the dealer. You take gentle care and pride in your car and then some dumbass is careless. I am afraid to look over my car tomorrow when I head back to the dealer to get more items out of it.
My Speed6 seemed to be a jinxed, no matter how I pampered it, somehow it would get a scratch or ding.

Devilish34
10-27-2009, 04:23 PM
I just noticed the A in your screen name Mr A.. :)

If you managed not to drop the the F bomb once during conversations with
the service ppl you are better then me.

GeoffA
10-27-2009, 04:41 PM
I don't think I did but heres one for you

:finger:

:) :rofl:

zepcom
10-28-2009, 04:31 AM
If you don't want to read it all Just make sure you check under your front Lip for scrapes and your wheels for alignment marks.

And Yes I do complain a lot because there always seems to be something wrong or not going well with my car from day 1.

Never Buy from a DEALER who is going out of business. Thank you very much HARRY ZIGROSI (old Pontiac dealer)

Dood -- I totally wish you would have dropped mike smith like I recommended last time. :spank:

From my experience, Cappellinos up the street in Williamsville, has 10x the "positive customer service experience" as compared to the dealership you are describing. If it weren't for their "road force balance" machine, I would have never stepped foot in MSP.

Sorry to keep reading that this gets worse and worse every time you have your car serviced there.

I don't like any of the "service managers" in that facility, and from the sounds of it, it doesn't seem like you're (STILL) all to happy either!

Some dealerships suck... looks like in your case that you found one. Maybe next time the car has to go in for service you consider the 10 minute drive southbound and introduce yourself to Cappellino.

It just keeps getting worse and worse with MSP, unfortunately for you.

Are they going to fix the scrapes that you proved to them they caused by the alignment machine?

:boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing:
:spank::spank:

Slizzo
10-28-2009, 04:39 AM
I hate to say it, but it's probably time you found another GM dealer near you that can service your car, and do it more to your liking.

The dealership you're dealing with now... They should not have been selected by GM to stick around IMO.

99-LS1-SS
10-28-2009, 05:05 AM
Whatever he said, something like

-thankyou for bringing it to my attention Mr. A ...

and I said thats another thing STOP calling me MR. A my name is GEOFF.

-When I get to know you I'll call you Geoff

No, you'll be getting to know me

-Well Geoff thankyou

And I left...

This made me laugh.

Chewy
10-28-2009, 05:08 AM
This sucks Mr. A... Oops sorry... Geoff... lol

Yeah I called my dealer in regards to my LCA's and they gave me a run around this that and the other so I said F it and I am doing it all myself... I need to get it in for an alignment to at some point. Still need my ONE radius rod. Waiting on Pedders now...

It really sucks when you have an experience like this Geoff. It takes the fun of ownership away IMO.

Good luck,
Chris

Mlozano
10-28-2009, 02:12 PM
Seriously, call GM and file a complaint, it's not that hard. If no one complaints, they won't do anything about holding these dealerships responsible.

Struggle
10-28-2009, 09:27 PM
When I worked at the Chrysler dealership they had made a set of ramps to extend the alignment rack ones so the Vipers and other low cars could go up the rack without scraping.

To bad you are dealing with this. Dealership moral is very low at many dealers and they just do not care. Warranty work sucks ass on pay and most dealerships pay flat rate without a guaranty of pay. SO if you spend two hours on a job that warranty will only pay .7 hr on you have to make it up somewhere else and since work volume is down with the economy in many shops people seem to be taking it out on you. Sucks

Our Pontiac dealer may even be closed as I know it now. But have a pretty good Chevy dealership we can go to.

zepcom
11-03-2009, 04:40 AM
Geoff,

Any update on the car? I'd be calling customer service 1-800 number every day until this is resolved to YOUR satisfaction!!

Give us an update!

--zepcom

Panzer Leader
11-03-2009, 06:32 AM
Despite what WickedMom thinks, I always treat the techs and sercive writers with respect. Usually, they are crapped on by the dealership. But it is they, who really make or break a dealer. The reason I say this is because what is describe here is the result.

GeoffA
11-03-2009, 08:42 AM
Geoff,

Any update on the car? I'd be calling customer service 1-800 number every day until this is resolved to YOUR satisfaction!!

Give us an update!

--zepcom

Only update is that my bad paint job is lined up to be fixed and those scrapes will be addressed.

If the rain holds off tonight I might drive her to my friends, if your car is in your driveway I'll honk and pull up so you can see the damage...

ChicagoG8GT
11-04-2009, 07:37 AM
So is this something they will send you in the mail to get done under warranty?

GeoffA
11-04-2009, 08:11 AM
So is this something they will send you in the mail to get done under warranty?

What the TSB? you should get it in the mail but it's this http://forum.grrrr8.net/showpost.php?p=155946&postcount=1

and your dealer should address it at service. Always good to mention it to them or give them a call. The original deadline was/is 12/01/2009 for USA to get this done.

GeoffA
11-04-2009, 08:13 AM
Or if it's the paint job your talking about that is a totally different story and the dealer I bought the car from is paying out of pocket to get it fixed.

zepcom
11-05-2009, 04:40 AM
Only update is that my bad paint job is lined up to be fixed and those scrapes will be addressed.

If the rain holds off tonight I might drive her to my friends, if your car is in your driveway I'll honk and pull up so you can see the damage...

Doh,

We got some major rennovations happening on the homefront so I wasn't home. :mellow:

I think I've cleaned out the garage enough to be able to garage queen the g8, at least during the overnight hours... for the winter at least... so if the car isn't where it usually is, it might be in the garage. :shovel:

Tough break man, are you planning on taking the blue G8 off the road for this winter and driving your VW? If so, wonder if that's when the dealership can pull the tranny and get your stuff fixed.

GeoffA
11-20-2009, 05:00 PM
Doh,

We got some major rennovations happening on the homefront so I wasn't home. :mellow:

I think I've cleaned out the garage enough to be able to garage queen the g8, at least during the overnight hours... for the winter at least... so if the car isn't where it usually is, it might be in the garage. :shovel:

Tough break man, are you planning on taking the blue G8 off the road for this winter and driving your VW? If so, wonder if that's when the dealership can pull the tranny and get your stuff fixed.

No, your car wasn't there so I kept driving. Yeah the G8 will be off the road other then getting work done to it.

And the dealer should pull my tranny to fix it but I doubt they will because I just got the "how was your service survey" and I'm sure they wont be happy with what I put, But there are no excuses when damage is done while in for service.

WickedMom
11-20-2009, 07:54 PM
Despite what WickedMom thinks, I always treat the techs and sercive writers with respect. Usually, they are crapped on by the dealership. But it is they, who really make or break a dealer. The reason I say this is because what is describe here is the result.

I guess I take this as a compliment. My service department is consistently in the top 3 out of the closest 29 dealerships for our CSI index over 12 months. It is just me and one other writer. Sadly, I have an ass for a boss who likes to make me look bad.

GXPaycheck
11-21-2009, 05:29 AM
I guess I take this as a compliment. My service department is consistently in the top 3 out of the closest 29 dealerships for our CSI index over 12 months. It is just me and one other writer. Sadly, I have an ass for a boss who likes to make me look bad.

Guess he doesn't like pink.

MIEngineer
12-10-2009, 07:48 PM
Make the dealer fix it, and make sure they don't consider it "warranty work"

[I only read the first post]

GeoffA
12-10-2009, 07:52 PM
It's been at the paint shop for three going on four (this saturday) weeks getting fixed. The paint was messed from the day I bought it, the scrapes underneath will hopefully be addressed.

polo
12-11-2009, 07:00 AM
It's been at the paint shop for three going on four (this saturday) weeks getting fixed. The paint was messed from the day I bought it, the scrapes underneath will hopefully be addressed.

It'll probably have a thousand extra miles on it, and ZERO tread left on the back tires when you get it back. :)