PDA

View Full Version : Almost had an M5 race...

99-LS1-SS
10-25-2009, 07:46 AM
I was leaving the gym a little while ago and I see a SWEET new M5 go rolling by. It had the blue and red BMW racing stickers on it. It had (at a minimum) exhaust, suspension and rims and tires. It was pretty loud for an M5. I jumped at him and him and his wife looked at me and they chuckled. I figured it was a lost cause so I shifted gears and cruised on. Then I hear him get on it and I immediately down shift to second and stop his advancement. Right when he gets to my rear quarter panel he stabs the brakes and turns off to the left....dammit! If he had anything done to his engine he would have probably busted my ass but I would have loved to have found out one way or the other. I doubt I'll see him anymore since he had temporary Texas plates.

Oh, well. All this does is make me want to mod my car more! Damn, I'd love to have a spare $17K right now. Suspension, rims/tire and supercharger would be in ASAP.

TyG8GXP
10-25-2009, 03:09 PM
Nice "kill." If I could EVER see one on the road, I'd love to see how I'd do against one just for shits and giggles. I'm sure I'd lose, but I may surprise them.

Ktlplxm
10-26-2009, 05:35 AM
From low rpm they aren't "M"pressive. They may make 500hp but they don't have jack for torque. With good driving you could have gotten him for the first several hundred feet. He probably doesn't get much aggressive driving practice between Starbucks

99-LS1-SS
10-26-2009, 05:45 AM
From low rpm they aren't "M"pressive. They may make 500hp but they don't have jack for torque. With good driving you could have gotten him for the first several hundred feet. He probably doesn't get much aggressive driving practice between Starbucks

LOL! I would have expected to lose if he would have kept in it but, it's always fun to try and you never know how shitty the other driver is.

Ktlplxm
10-26-2009, 05:47 AM
One of the best ways to honestly get a measure of the cars real performance and usage is to look at the size and brand of the tires. Good drivers, in good cars, have very good tires 99% of the time.

99-LS1-SS
10-26-2009, 05:49 AM
One of the best ways to honestly get a measure of the cars real performance and usage is to look at the size and brand of the tires. Good drivers, in good cars, have very good tires 99% of the time.

He had some meats on it and some after market rims but he was rolling so I couldn't tell which either of them were.

Devilish34
10-26-2009, 05:55 AM

I guess my RSAs make mine a true sleeper....not that its fast or that I'm a good driver lol
BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.77 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

Ktlplxm
10-26-2009, 06:01 AM
I guess my RSAs make mine a true sleeper....not that its fast or that I'm a good driver lol

Either way, the RSA's would show you weren't prepared lol

Devilish34
10-26-2009, 06:04 AM
Either way, the RSA's would show you weren't prepared lol

:bird:

Ktlplxm
10-26-2009, 06:51 AM
:bird:

Look, he's spelling my name in Morse code!! Groupies can be so embarrassing sometimes :no:

johnbell2
10-30-2009, 06:00 AM

No kidding. Nothing says "loser" like a performance car on bald / cupped meats. We have a lot of 'vette drivers around here that are like that - the car is wasted on them.