PDA

View Full Version : freakin dealership...

ArkGL01
10-25-2009, 06:13 AM
Took my GXP in for its first service today. It should have been a simple oil change and just check the fluids. Well I should have known something was up when he iask my what kinda of oil I wanted...? Anyways I get the car back and smell something burning. I take it back to the shop and thought its just oil on the headers and figured it would burn off..well then there is a puddle of oil under the car. I dunno what they did but there is going to be some butt chewing monday morning. How do you mess up a simple oil change. cool thing is I know the service manager over all these dealerships and he is a great guy. I can not wait to call him monday morning....

Sorry just had to vent...

J Wikoff
10-25-2009, 09:05 AM
Probably left the filter a little loose.

WickedMom
10-25-2009, 09:13 AM
Who goes to a dealership on SUNDAY for service....?

Blackrider
10-25-2009, 09:20 AM
Who goes to a dealership on SUNDAY for service....?

Someone who cant make it during the week?

WickedMom
10-25-2009, 09:27 AM
Eh, I have always had a gripe with people would expect service people to work 7 days a week. At my dealership we work 55 - 60 hours a week (us service writers anyway) and people still complain we are not open enough.

Sunday should not be a day for working.

J Wikoff
10-25-2009, 09:27 AM
How'd you even find an open dealership on Sunday? Maybe it's local lore, but I thought they weren't allowed to be open on Sunday.

WickedMom
10-25-2009, 09:28 AM
I bet if a dealership IS open on Sunday, only the shop rats and oil change boys work...

chipman283
10-25-2009, 10:19 AM
I hope they put enough oil in it in the first place.

OmahaGTP
10-25-2009, 01:36 PM
I feel your frustration. Last oil change the dealership over-filled my oil, had smoke out my exhaust. Years of never paying for an oil change, and first time out, failure.

Obviously let 'em hear about it.

Blackrider
10-25-2009, 02:53 PM
Eh, I have always had a gripe with people would expect service people to work 7 days a week. At my dealership we work 55 - 60 hours a week (us service writers anyway) and people still complain we are not open enough.

Sunday should not be a day for working.

No one expects people to work 7 days a week, but it's nice when a business is open convenient hours. How a buisness does it is not my concern.

Sunday is a day for working lots of people work Sunday, the world doesn't stop because its Sunday. :)

Danl
10-26-2009, 05:25 AM
No one expects people to work 7 days a week, but it's nice when a business is open convenient hours. How a buisness does it is not my concern.

Sunday is a day for working lots of people work Sunday, the world doesn't stop because its Sunday. :)

I agree, my days off are Sunday and Monday. Without people working on Sunday also, there are so many things I couldn't get done. I really do appreciate the people that work the off days and hours, it helps the rest of us to be able to get things done.

BigV8
10-26-2009, 12:42 PM
Maybe left the old filter gasket on the engine then put the new filter on routine.

616 of 933
10-26-2009, 01:10 PM
I would agree Sundays should be family days. But hell I can work 24/7 365 days a year and i only get a 3.4% pay rise Jan 1st but come Oct 2015 1/2 my pay for the rest of my life and I will still get another job for 20 something years
Sorry off topic How did the dealer react today?

G8GXP4now
10-29-2009, 12:04 PM
Any update?

I could care less what day he had the work done, I am curious as to what happened. If you don't want to work on Sunday, then go get a job that at a company that is closed on Sunday.