PDA

View Full Version : nitrous

starfire350
10-24-2009, 05:17 AM
Who makes a nice clean installing nitrous kit for the gt that is 150hp capable?

If any one has pics of one installed that would be great

Thanks

wagon540
10-24-2009, 06:58 AM
Harris makes one with a TB plate where the solenoids mount to the intake with a line going to each side which i have. NOS makes the same thing but both lines feed from the drivers side. My friend has the NOS kit on his 2010 Camaro (see Hot Rod magazine for pics) with solenoids mounted on the drivers strut tower, i think they look better on the intake which is why i bought the Harris plus they are a sponsor on this board, and a little cheaper than NOS too i think.
No pics, i'm going to install mine when the nose is off the car for the GTS fenders/KLRG8 bumper, in the next couple of weeks .
Kim.

starfire350
10-24-2009, 07:46 AM
where do you plan to maount the activation switch?

also there web side shows a sudden impact 90mm wet plate kit for $229
and then a 92mm wet plate kit for $599

I have read the discription on both, why so much price difference between them for 2mm?

MGM GT
10-24-2009, 09:13 AM
Zex is clean install and works great, it will go up to 175. I'm selling my kit - http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=10821

This is when I threw it in to test it before I cleaned it up. Comes with a bracket to mount it next to the fuse box and you can run/hide the wires any way you like.

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/3061/2101/32651050038_large.jpg

wagon540
10-25-2009, 07:12 AM

I have read the discription on both, why so much price difference between them for 2mm?

Switch probably to the right of the shifter in a custom plate. Is the 299 kit just for a conversion kit without the bottle?

Nick@HSW
10-26-2009, 07:11 AM

One is a conversion and the other is a full kit. Conversion is essentially just the plate with jets and hardware. The full kit comes with everything else.

Nick

SinCity G8
10-27-2009, 09:49 PM
I have the Harris kit and I am very pleased. The switch in the cabin is a very good fit.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z99/robzwickidss/N2Oengine.jpg
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z99/robzwickidss/N2Otrunk.jpg

shane
11-18-2009, 08:57 PM
hmmmm

starfire350
12-15-2009, 05:45 AM
Ok my Harris plate kit came in on sat now to put it on. I'm a little disapointed on the lack of a premade bracket for the activation swith but oh well the rest looks realy nice can't wait to get it all on. I have decided to add a rpm activation switch since my wife races this car. Has anyone used a msd rpm switch without a msd box and has anyone added a msd box Andif so any hints to where u tied the wiring in would be great.

Thanks

starfire350
12-17-2009, 06:25 PM
ttt

jaxredg8
12-17-2009, 07:09 PM
Harris sells a micro-edge controller which I have. It is the rpm window switch (mine is 3000-6200 rpms), rich/lean fuel shutoff, and alot of other stuff. I have the 75-175 wet nozzle kit and love it. Car is tuned right now for the 150 shot and hits like a mule! Lots of fun. I have pics if you pm because I cant access photobucket from work. Chad

Nick@HSW
12-18-2009, 08:18 AM
Ok my Harris plate kit came in on sat now to put it on. I'm a little disapointed on the lack of a premade bracket for the activation swith but oh well the rest looks realy nice can't wait to get it all on. I have decided to add a rpm activation switch since my wife races this car. Has anyone used a msd rpm switch without a msd box and has anyone added a msd box Andif so any hints to where u tied the wiring in would be great.

Thanks

Please don't take this the wrong way because I never like to insinuate that another companies product isn't going to work or isn't great...but do a search up on tech...quite a few people have had issues with the msd window switch consistently working.

I know you said something about the wot switch and I'm not trying to sell you a product but the MicroEDGE also has a built in tps switch which would allow you to ditch the wot switch all together as well as a dual stage window switch, a/f shut down, gear lock outs, delays, and a unique file system which allows you to switch settings on the fly. It can also be upgraded to a progressive controller now or down the road if you ever have the need for one. The upgrade is only 129.99 and you get a progressive controller that can do linear or non-linear lines, different curves for each gear, and it can do two stages. You also get the digital bottle contents indicator with the upgrade as well. So no more guessing and weighing the bottle.

Nick

starfire350
12-19-2009, 01:57 PM
thats PERFECT exactly what I was looking for on the controller and when I went to look at it on your site I also saw the switch panel MORE of exactly the look I want. so today I just installed the plumbing, plate and bottle and such and Ill be ordering the controller and switch plate as soon as I can con the wife out of the money. thanks for the responce.

And yes I have also had trouble with the MSD window switch on my back half car I have since taken it off

Nick@HSW
12-21-2009, 08:32 AM
thats PERFECT exactly what I was looking for on the controller and when I went to look at it on your site I also saw the switch panel MORE of exactly the look I want. so today I just installed the plumbing, plate and bottle and such and Ill be ordering the controller and switch plate as soon as I can con the wife out of the money. thanks for the responce.

And yes I have also had trouble with the MSD window switch on my back half car I have since taken it off

Glad I could be of help.

Nick

LEP
01-15-2010, 08:32 PM
I have the Harris kit and I am very pleased. The switch in the cabin is a very good fit.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z99/robzwickidss/N2Oengine.jpg
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z99/robzwickidss/N2Otrunk.jpg

Tuned up the Nitrous today. Very nice install Robert!:cheers:
Have fun with her!:cool2:

Garth

SinCity G8
01-15-2010, 11:01 PM
I will Garth, thanks a bunch for the super tune. Let Zippy know I really appreciate you guys sticking around late for me.