PDA

View Full Version : HomeLink in visor

4ever18
10-22-2009, 11:19 AM
I found a HomeLink transmitter on eBay for $19, including shipping so I decided to do the visor mount mod. Followed the thread that gave instructions and everything went great till I tried to program. No instructions came with it so I followed the instructions for my 08 Corvette. No Joy!!!

After much cursing, grumbling and general A-hole behavior, I looked at the instructions for my wifes Rainier. They used the original garage door opener to program the new unit. The Vette instructions said to use the "learn button" on the garage door opener.

Anyway, the door opener works and it looks like stock issue.

JJ

rmcrom
10-22-2009, 11:51 AM
If you have a rolling code garage door opener, that's when you have to press the learn button on the garage door opener. I did this mod as well and love it.

Snakey
10-22-2009, 02:55 PM
Did this one as well and LOVE it. Bought another visor because i'm anal and have a little area on the visor that no one has yet to notice being imprefect. Thinking about leaving it or doing the other one differently and then selling whichever one I like best!

PMD G8
10-26-2009, 04:45 AM
Did this one as well and LOVE it. Bought another visor because i'm anal and have a little area on the visor that no one has yet to notice being imprefect. Thinking about leaving it or doing the other one differently and then selling whichever one I like best!

I did this mod as well and like most everyone else who has done it, I love it. I did the same thing and bought an extra visor, but mainly b/c I didn't want to run the chance of completely effing up my original visor.

Rawyzf
11-05-2009, 11:44 AM
Can you guys link me to an auction for one of these?

Wag 42
11-05-2009, 01:31 PM
Here you go...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Custom-HomeLink-Non-Rolling-Code-Transmitter-Black_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3ef9c50f6cQQitemZ 270478413676QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAc cessories

Plus there are many more. Just search for "black homelink".

rmcrom
11-05-2009, 01:55 PM
I was able to get a rolling-code homelink module for the same price as that one. Even if you don't have a rolling code garage door opener, it might be worth getting a rolling-code homelink in case you ever move to a house that does have one or in case you ever replace the one you have with a rolling code opener.

This one costs a little more, but it is rolling code. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CUSTOM-ROLLING-CODE-HOMELINK-DOOR-OPENER-BLACK_W0QQitemZ190342368200QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMoto rs_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item2c514a0bc8