PDA

View Full Version : Becareful of Pace Performance.

StockG8
10-19-2009, 08:44 PM
They (Greg) will lie to you on back orders and pricing. I am quite disappointed in the service I received from them. Long story short, I queried them on some CTS-V wheels and a GXP rear diffuser. At first he told me the rear diffuser is in stock and I should have it within 7 days. Well it's been 5 days and I see a brown box waiting for me on my front doorstep. A few PM back and forth Greg then tells me the rear wheels are back order and he doesn't have a ETA. What a crock of s***. Well I received a PM with 2 tracking numbers. I guess the wheels will be here on Thursday. :woohoo:

So becareful doing business with them. They will take all your money and offer a service most local dealer can't come close to providing. I'll admit, the price is not super cheap, but the promptness in customer service Greg offered here can't be beat. Once again, thanks Greg. I'll hit you up in 2 months for the brakes.

GT G8
10-19-2009, 08:52 PM
I'm confused.....

So, all is well? If so, delete the original gripe. It's confusing when you complain then say it's fixed. At least put "UPDATE" or something.

:om:

StockG8
10-19-2009, 09:01 PM
I was being sarcastic.

Price was cheaper than what was originally quoted and back orders? What back orders..the wheels came in promptly when he ordered them from GM. The rear diffuser came 2 days early. What more can you ask for? All PM's were replied within a day and he even post part numbers when requested. It's the internet and things can be confusing and misconstrued if worded differently. I'm more than pleased with doing business with Pace. Now for the CTS-V brakes...:)

GeoffA
10-19-2009, 10:05 PM
I was being sarcastic.

Price was cheaper than what was originally quoted and back orders? What back orders..the wheels came in promptly when he ordered them from GM. The rear diffuser came 2 days early. What more can you ask for? All PM's were replied within a day and he even post part numbers when requested. It's the internet and things can be confusing and misconstrued if worded differently. I'm more than pleased with doing business with Pace. Now for the CTS-V brakes...:)

:spank:

bubblyjock
10-19-2009, 10:07 PM
Yeah I was really confused! Glad your buying experience with them was a good one!

GeorgeInNePa
10-20-2009, 01:44 AM
lol

DewieJr
10-20-2009, 01:48 AM
How can anyone be confused....Once you start reading his post and not just the title, its pretty obvious hes joking...wow...lol

I LOL'd! I too will be cautious doing business with them, because I got my GXP Diffuser in 3 days! Thats way shorter than quoted!

r33pwrd
10-20-2009, 06:52 AM
The box on the door step gave it away for me... but I did have to read twice!

Glad to hear stories about GOOD vendors!

Greg@PacePerformance
10-20-2009, 07:21 AM
LOL had me worried for a second.
Glad you are happy so far, and post the pics once you get the wheels mounted :D

majesticix
10-20-2009, 07:23 AM
When I first read the title...I'm like WTF? Not a chance in hell 'cause Greg rocks.

Chewy
10-20-2009, 07:32 AM
Oh man... Greg will NEVER answer the phone now... His head will be so swollen...

lol

Yeah... I've bought a bit from Greg and PM'd him what literally seems like 100 times. Hell the other day I went to PM him and it wouldn't let me, because it was over 5400 words long... lol

Anyway... Buy in TOTAL confidence... I will say though... Greg DOES make mistakes... SOOOOOOO.... He IS human... hehehe

It's all in how you fix your mistakes. He does a good job at that too.

Chris

zepcom
10-20-2009, 10:49 AM
Yea, I must agree, I had to read the post while I wondered why this OP was so dis-satisfied with pace. Then toungue-in-cheek I realized afterwards that it was a somewhat interesting attempt at humor.

Pace rocks!

--zepcom

R.Penguin
10-20-2009, 11:13 AM
Yea, I must agree, I had to read the post while I wondered why this OP was so dis-satisfied with pace. Then toungue-in-cheek I realized afterwards that it was a somewhat interesting attempt at humor.

Pace rocks!

--zepcom
Yeah! He's further out of plumb that the penguin is!

And that's BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!

99-LS1-SS
10-20-2009, 11:14 AM
CTS-V wheels mounted with pictures or none of this ever happened. :D

99-LS1-SS
10-20-2009, 11:15 AM
Yeah! He's further out of plumb that the penguin is!

And that's BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!

I'm not sure that's possible.....:nah:

norm8332
10-20-2009, 11:17 AM
Greg got me my fuel pump in a week while others were waiting up to 4 weeks.

StockG8
10-20-2009, 12:32 PM
Got the diffuser in yesterday and installed it today. It literally took me 5 minutes to install the thing. But I don't know if anyone here have problems on the corner where the diffuser snaps in. There seems to be a gap and on the right corner, mine pops out. Another 5 minutes with a 1/8" drill bit and black pop rivets solved the gap issues. Wish I didn't have to do a quick fix. But you can't see the rivet unless you place your head underneath the car.
Big thanks to Greg at Pace again!

Now for my wheels...

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t115/one1wang/Pontiac%20G8%20GT/DSC01746.jpg

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t115/one1wang/Pontiac%20G8%20GT/DSC01745.jpg

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t115/one1wang/Pontiac%20G8%20GT/DSC01744.jpg

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t115/one1wang/Pontiac%20G8%20GT/DSC01747.jpg

GT-610
10-20-2009, 01:05 PM
I cant believe the lack of a sense of humor sometimes!

that was funny! Pace has done good by me as well!

TrUcKeR
10-20-2009, 03:19 PM
I was being sarcastic.

http://www.dahmus.org/blogimg/fry-see-what-you-did-there.jpg