PDA

View Full Version : 2009 G8 GT vs 347 notchback

ScreaminRedZ
10-06-2008, 06:44 PM
My buddy came to hang out with us tonight and he hasn't seen my car yet. He checked it out and we went for a ride and he really liked it. Afterward we were leaving and I told him to wait until there were no cars and he got the hint, lol.

His car is definitely no joke. 1990ish notchback with a relatively modest 347 stroker and a 100 shot of nitrous. The car has a built suspension and C4 auto trans. He runs it on Weld big/little draglites. The car has gone 10.8 @ 123 mph with a 1.4x 60' on the 100 shot and slicks, but tonight he was on motor and the drag radials he was running were all burned up (I had watched him try to get on it earlier tonight and he spun all over the place.

He was alone and I had one passenger. I figured he'd kill me, but with the colder weather and worn tires you never know. His car is pretty much all launch on motor and runs like a bolt-on LS1 from a roll.

We lined up at the usual spot (measured out 1/4 mile) and lined up. I honked it off and we took off. As expected, he eased into it so as not spin and it looked close, with me a nose out. The he punched it and started spinning bad. I walked out farther than I thought I would and actually thought I might have had a chance, but then he caught traction and started pulling back. It was a good race, but he pulled ahead and beat me by a little over 1 car length to the finish.

Afterward we talked and he complimented my car again and said that he was actually glad that he had the traction problems as it made for a real good race. He said he wants to run again when he gets some new drag radials, lol.

Not the most exciting loss ever, but it was alot of fun and turned out to be a good race!

PontiacDan
12-07-2008, 03:51 PM
yea, he mustve been spinning terrible. congrats to you, he must be sitting around 600+ish rwhp with gas to be running 10s in a fox