PDA

View Full Version : Pleas help got in to a accident

kade7236
10-16-2009, 07:39 PM
Today driving there was a bus was trying to make a right turn in to a line that I was driving he did not see me I was in his blind spot or whatever the reason was, to attempt not to get side swipe I went of to a curve and slammed on the brakes.

I have the police report with all his information but because he did not hit me its only one person crash, there ware no investigation or any thing I just got the police report that those not state ho is at fault.

Now the question:

I need a new rim and my side skirt got scrape from the bottom you can not see it but only fill it or if you rise the car you can. So its only the rim damage you can see and its not that bed I could live with it,

Do I make a claim or not?

I have a good driver discount right now and a 500$ deductible.

This is what I want to happen : get some $ for the rim possibly not replace it save the cash by 4 different rims plus fix my side skirt or just get the $ for it.

What I don’t want to happen is lousing me good driver discount plus paying a 500$
Deductible and have this on my record and just get a new stock rim.

I’m insured with Geico and I have two way plus all the other stuff that you can have

Pleas help

GeorgeInNePa
10-16-2009, 07:47 PM
The skirt can be repainted, or just leave the scratch for now.

You can buy a stock rim for anywhere from 100-200 on the forums. 18s or19s?

You will need an alignment. Did anything underneath get bent? Tie-rod, control arm?

kade7236
10-16-2009, 07:56 PM
The skirt can be repainted, or just leave the scratch for now.

You can buy a stock rim for anywhere from 100-200 on the forums. 18s or19s?

You will need an alignment. Did anything underneath get bent? Tie-rod, control arm?

pm send

Struggle
10-16-2009, 08:00 PM
That is a rather unique situation as for getting the bus to pay for the damage. If you have no witnesses it is your word against them.

Is this just curb rash on the rim or did it actually make a hard direct impact. Curb rash probably will not bend anything but direct hit can bend stuff. An alignment would be in order for sure as these tires are not cheap so factor that in. A new rim from the dealer can cost a lot of money so go off that if you get money from them but you need to get the alignment checked and be totally prepared to hit them with a complete repair amount rather than going back after the fact and ask for more money.

kade7236
10-16-2009, 08:05 PM
Well I do have a witness my friend was in the car with me but his statement was not taken or any thing like that

p71
10-16-2009, 11:15 PM
do not file...

you can get a new rim for cheap... you can find a used tire cheap, and the side skirt is $70 at the dealer.

all in all it will probbly run less than $700 if you shop around, under 5 if you are super frugal... either way your premium for next couple years will be 15-50 a month higher so paying out of pocket works out cheaper.

KEV-O
10-17-2009, 05:00 AM
definitely do NOT claim it through insurance. Take it somewhere and have the work done(if you want) at your own expense. If you go through insurance, you will end up paying a lot more in the long run(premium will go up)
like everyone else said, a rim can be replaced for cheap, you might really only have to do an alignment like george and struggle mentioned