PDA

View Full Version : I really HAVE to post it!!

zosoboogie
10-13-2009, 09:02 AM
I was at Sebring on Sunday for competitive driving day They don't like to call it "racing" because its not timed and dangerous. But anyway I am in the novice category and mine is the ONLY 4000lbs + 4 door car in the entire track day line up. In my group there was a "stock" Ferrari F430, a beautiful Audi R8, Mazda RX-8, BMW M3s, a few race spec Mazda Miata one with an LS2 wedged in the engine bay which was really loud and really fast!!
The kill goes as follows - I passed almost all the cars in in my group but the one that really put a HUGE grin on my face was the ......Audi R8....in the straightaway after Bishop's Bend into the straightaway before turn 17 I caught up to the R8 and when he gave my the turn back signal I floored it and flew bay him like he was driving an Audi TT. My instructor said, "Okay so all of your passes were smooth but this one was jerky, what happened?" I replied, "I wanted the pass by to be violent as possible to really stick it to the R8 driver and his instructor!!"

It was Joyous, Amazing!!!!

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm102/zosoboogie/TrackDaySebring10-11-09.jpg

kyllekkc
10-13-2009, 09:04 AM
thats funny!

Blackdevil77
10-13-2009, 09:18 AM
Your car is awsome!

Slizzo
10-13-2009, 09:31 AM
You need to mount a camera in your car and video some of your track times so we can see how the G8 gets around the track!

grandmacpubah
10-13-2009, 09:34 AM
:theman:

zosoboogie
10-13-2009, 09:35 AM
You need to mount a camera in your car and video some of your track times so we can see how the G8 gets around the track!

I got an hd camera but how do I mount it in the car?

SRG963
10-13-2009, 09:40 AM
Sweet!
Like that "violent as possible" pass, lol.

I mounted my flat P&S camera and similar size video recorder to my passenger headrest with a rubber band.

If you have something with size, mount it to your rear deck child seat tie down (and zoom in) ;)

zosoboogie
10-13-2009, 09:46 AM
Sweet!
Like that "violent as possible" pass, lol.

I mounted my flat P&S camera and similar size video recorder to my passenger headrest with a rubber band.

If you have something with size, mount it to your rear deck child seat tie down (and zoom in) ;)

Well I have the HD camcorder and I rather buy a mount and have it secure in the car because when driving and corning hard the camera would turn into a flying projectile.

SRG963
10-13-2009, 09:49 AM
Well I have the HD camcorder and I rather buy a mount and have it secure in the car because when driving and corning hard the camera would turn into a flying projectile.

Edit, I take that back. I really never looked at that tie down back there, worthless.

Maybe if you lower the pass thru to the trunk, you could use that metal bracket to attach the camera?
Attach it then raise the seat back up and sit the camera on the seat/back deck, tie from top?

If you would prefer to purchase a mount, you would probably get a better video :)

SpeedRacerX
10-13-2009, 10:09 AM
That is awesome. Thanks for posting that. I'm sure that felt great.

kyllekkc
10-13-2009, 10:46 AM

they sell camera mounts that go on the car at maryland speed but in that kind of race it would be risky.

zosoboogie
10-13-2009, 11:00 AM
already have the hero need something with sound

-Ray-
10-13-2009, 02:12 PM
I was at Sebring on Sunday for competitive driving day They don't like to call it "racing" because its not timed and dangerous. But anyway I am in the novice category and mine is the ONLY 4000lbs + 4 door car in the entire track day line up. In my group there was a "stock" Ferrari F430, a beautiful Audi R8, Mazda RX-8, BMW M3s, a few race spec Mazda Miata one with an LS2 wedged in the engine bay which was really loud and really fast!!
The kill goes as follows - I passed almost all the cars in in my group but the one that really put a HUGE grin on my face was the ......Audi R8....in the straightaway after Bishop's Bend into the straightaway before turn 17 I caught up to the R8 and when he gave my the turn back signal I floored it and flew bay him like he was driving an Audi TT. My instructor said, "Okay so all of your passes were smooth but this one was jerky, what happened?" I replied, "I wanted the pass by to be violent as possible to really stick it to the R8 driver and his instructor!!"

It was Joyous, Amazing!!!!

That is friggin awesome!

Rich@pm-fl.com
10-13-2009, 02:15 PM
here is a clip from inside of zosoboogies car during his last lap...

MPfxtJ8SQgk

Slizzo
10-13-2009, 03:24 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPfxtJ8SQgk

Listening to that guy was more entertaining than watching the video... :)

grandmacpubah
10-13-2009, 04:50 PM
lmfao that made my day NEMESIIIIIIS

SpeedRacerX
10-13-2009, 04:53 PM
That video is hilarious. That laugh after the Mustang spins out is classic.

kyllekkc
10-13-2009, 04:58 PM
some one is loosing their mind..

majesticix
10-14-2009, 07:26 AM
lol awesome video

00 Trans Ram
10-14-2009, 08:02 AM
Congrats on the lapping day. Although the G8 is no "sports car", it'll CERTAINLY eat up some that are real "sports cars". Handling is way better than average, braking is better than average, and power is whatever you make it, but even stock is superb.

SRG963
10-14-2009, 08:07 AM
Great vid Rich!

Nemesis!!!!

r33pwrd
10-14-2009, 09:03 AM

MPfxtJ8SQgk

That stang must have some nice HP the way he pulled from you on the straights! You almost pulled the famous follow another car of the strack trick :) (I did that on my R1 once)

Slizzo
10-14-2009, 11:39 AM
That stang must have some nice HP the way he pulled from you on the straights! You almost pulled the famous follow another car of the strack trick :) (I did that on my R1 once)

Guys, that video was posted in jest. :) Guy driving is in a Porsche (unsure of what kind, but you can tell he has a MOMO wheel), and that Mustang in front of him has some serious power, because he gets pulled pretty damned hard after hitting the turns.

bigtreepu
10-15-2009, 09:14 PM
Guys,

the windshield wipers aren't even the same direction as the G8's..it was a small joke..his laugh is hilarious though. funny shit

zosoboogie
10-16-2009, 03:33 PM
[QUOTE=bigtreepu;159343]Guys,

the windshield wipers aren't even the same direction as the G8's..it was a small joke..his laugh is hilarious though. funny shit[/QUOTE

FYI ...that not my car