PDA

View Full Version : Got beat last night...

Ktlplxm
10-12-2009, 03:09 PM
Was driving up I77 last night on my way to dinner when I saw a Civic and an 03-04 Cobra hauling ass northbound. I decided to play catch up with them. Finally got beside the Cobra to see if he wanted to play. We rolled off from approx 75-80. Gunned it, pulled away, he let out...Ok. He obviously had some work done to the car. Pulled strong but not quite enough. I wave at him, knock it back over into normal mode (mistake) and go about my business. He pulls back up beside of me soon afterwards, downshifts and stabs it. I floored it as soon as I saw the gear change, but it was too late. The tranny takes its time to fully downshift at which point he's out a car or so. He pulled pretty good that time, but then he had an oopsie. I see a small plume of white/grey smoke come out the back...then the smell hits; anti-freeze with a hint of oil. He lets out of the throttle and cuts over a few lanes to get off. Unfortunately it was around I485 so I didn't get a chance to follow to make sure he didn't hurt anything major. So I guess it comes down to a tie at 1-1. Pity it had to almost blow a head gasket (hopefully not an engine) to do it.

GRRRR8
10-12-2009, 03:14 PM
I wouldnt call it a loss, more of a lesson.

When I play with someone, I never come out of manual mode until I am done. I have had the same thing happen. Only difference was that I was in M3 and flashed the converter and said "SEE YA!" :)

Devilish34
10-12-2009, 03:26 PM
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA jk :) That sucks for him if he blew a head gasket. I wonder how much boost he was running

grandmacpubah
10-12-2009, 03:29 PM
lmao...I'd much rather get beat than have to blow a head gasket to beat someone.

Ktlplxm
10-12-2009, 03:30 PM
I never use manual. I don't really like it. Even with a good tune from Alvin in the trans the manual shifts seem late. I did learn a lesson though, I think he did too. lol And I'm fairly certain his was more expensive
People always under estimate 4 doors :no:

what was the line from Pitch Black...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAcLXQ1pv50

G8GT721
10-12-2009, 04:01 PM
lmao...I'd much rather get beat than have to blow a head gasket to beat someone.

+1

I never use manual. I don't really like it. Even with a good tune from Alvin in the trans the manual shifts seem late. I did learn a lesson though, I think he did too. lol And I'm fairly certain his was more expensive
People always under estimate 4 doors :no:

what was the line from Pitch Black...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAcLXQ1pv50

did not know who he was fucking with!

Devilish34
10-12-2009, 04:26 PM
+1

did not know who he was fucking with!

Had he taking the time to sign the super secret release he would of but wouldn't be able to talk about it...

:bleh::deadhorse::devil:

polo
10-12-2009, 04:38 PM
That's hilarious! I definitely wouldn't say you lost, especially since he caught you off guard the second time.

OmahaGTP
10-12-2009, 04:41 PM
At least you didn't have that happen to you with a Cobalt SS.

:hang:

johnbell2
10-12-2009, 06:35 PM
Nice... I was reading that thinking the Civic was gonna come up and whoop ya after you beat the stang (bait car).

Gotta watch out for them on the highway! I ran into one of the local tuner shop cars on the highway. He embarrassed me pretty bad... but he had 700whp in a 2300lb car. I kept up for a second until that big turbo spooled up.

You may as well race a bike from a roll with numbers like that. Same result.

jdeserio
10-12-2009, 08:14 PM
Nice... I was reading that thinking the Civic was gonna come up and whoop ya after you beat the stang (bait car).

Gotta watch out for them on the highway! I ran into one of the local tuner shop cars on the highway. He embarrassed me pretty bad... but he had 700whp in a 2300lb car. I kept up for a second until that big turbo spooled up.

Haha I thought the same thing...dont tell he got beat by a civic..and yes they can be a force to reckon with..

Robert@KBXPerformance
10-13-2009, 07:32 AM
Pity it had to almost blow a head gasket (hopefully not an engine) to do it.

That is a rarity in those cars. Their engines have held over 1000rwhp, BONE STOCK. Most will rape even pretty seriously modded G8's. It sounds like you had some decent runs though. Just remember to not underestimate those Terminators. They can range from a low 13 second improperly driven stocker to a high 8 second street racing monster. Most are solidly into the mid 11's.

Call-Me-D
10-13-2009, 10:22 AM
That is a rarity in those cars. Their engines have held over 1000rwhp, BONE STOCK. Most will rape even pretty seriously modded G8's. It sounds like you had some decent runs though. Just remember to not underestimate those Terminators. They can range from a low 13 second improperly driven stocker to a high 8 second street racing monster. Most are solidly into the mid 11's.

Yup, there are a bunch around here that ROLL......I wouldn't even care to try to race a stock 03-04 until I get my baby tuned.

Ktlplxm
10-13-2009, 11:19 AM
There are a good bit of them do run quite well, but then again there are a lot that don't. The bottom ends on those cars have been proven to take a good bit of abuse, but the percentage of highly modified Cobras is still low. For the ones my grocery getter can't beat, my WS6 can lol. That's the good part of having a flying mile prepped car : )

polo
10-13-2009, 12:01 PM
Is your Trans Am put back together yet?
BlackBerry8310/4.5.0.110 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

Devilish34
10-13-2009, 12:11 PM
Theres a 04 terminator in my area that makes 850 to the wheels on pump gas...

Ktlplxm
10-13-2009, 12:30 PM
Is your Trans Am put back together yet?
BlackBerry8310/4.5.0.110 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

:secret:

Tempest2000
10-16-2009, 02:30 PM
I have a couple of friends with civics and turbos.

They can't race from a dig period either bog or blow the tires off revving too high.

OR

they blow there cars up 6-9 months. I know one is running a forged bottom end and has still had issues multiple times. Something about 1 cylinder always run a little lean and eventually it gives up the ghost and been to 3 different tuners in town.

Ktlplxm
10-16-2009, 06:54 PM
Theres a 04 terminator in my area that makes 850 to the wheels on pump gas...

What a coincedence so does my Formula... well plus a few hp, but the pump gas is right on