PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about tire rotation....

Call-Me-D
10-07-2009, 06:44 AM
This is my first vehicle with the TPMS and was curious as to how it adjusts for tire rotations when you start moving the wheels around? Is there something that you have to do to recalibrate the system? Battery reset or do they "relearn" themselves? Just would like to know out of curiosity. Thanks for any answers.:)

ashaal
10-07-2009, 06:50 AM
instruction here...

http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=2542&highlight=tpms+reset&page=2

SRG963
10-07-2009, 06:55 AM
I don't rotate, waste of my time. Instead, I inspect treads every oil change. Wear is perfectly even so far :)

Call-Me-D
10-07-2009, 06:59 AM
ashaal, thanks for the link.....srg963, think maybe because of the 4 whl ind susp it would keep the wear even?

todds87ss
10-07-2009, 08:59 PM
Daniel,
I have not rotated mine in 30K, and likely will not. Wear is good, and can be varied with tire pressure. The link/owners manual should have the info for recalibrating the TPMS, though.

Blkg8gt
10-11-2009, 04:24 AM
This is my first vehicle with the TPMS and was curious as to how it adjusts for tire rotations when you start moving the wheels around? Is there something that you have to do to recalibrate the system? Battery reset or do they "relearn" themselves? Just would like to know out of curiosity. Thanks for any answers.:)

Just take it to a Discount Tire they will do it for free and it takes them just a few minutes. Just hold lock and unlock button with keys in on position and use a scan tool.

Call-Me-D
10-11-2009, 04:54 AM
Just take it to a Discount Tire they will do it for free and it takes them just a few minutes. Just hold lock and unlock button with keys in on position and use a scan tool.

Thanks for the help:)

todds87ss
10-11-2009, 05:42 PM

Why would discount do it for free? Are you talking about the rotation, or the reset of TPMS?

Call-Me-D
10-11-2009, 07:17 PM
I'm thinkin he's' talkin about the tire rotation.