PDA

View Full Version : Just picked up my new G8 GT - QUESTIONS!!

4ever18
10-05-2009, 04:52 AM
I just picked up my new MGM GT with premium package and sport package. I drove it about 100 miles from the dealer to home and was very pleased with the power and handling. There are, however, a few minor dislikes.

1. A car of this quality and cost should have a self dimming (electrochromaic) rear view mirror. Does anyone know if it would be an easy swap to install this type of mirror from other GM vehicles?

2. Also, I can't believe that it didn't come with the garage door opener on the visor! How difficult would that swap be?

3. No spare tire!!! Would a 19" wheel and tire fit in the trunk well?

All in all, a great car. I'm looking forward to lots of fun driving!

Thanks,

JJ

SRG963
10-05-2009, 04:57 AM
1. Yes, many have already swapped for a CTS mirror.
2. A homelink can and has been installed by others.
3. Yes

99-LS1-SS
10-05-2009, 04:59 AM
I just picked up my new MGM GT with premium package and sport package. I drove it about 100 miles from the dealer to home and was very pleased with the power and handling. There are, however, a few minor dislikes.

1. A car of this quality and cost should have a self dimming (electrochromaic) rear view mirror. Does anyone know if it would be an easy swap to install this type of mirror from other GM vehicles?
http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=4110

2. Also, I can't believe that it didn't come with the garage door opener on the visor! How difficult would that swap be?
http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=4985&highlight=homelink

Yes

All in all, a great car. I'm looking forward to lots of fun driving!

Thanks,

JJ

Answered in red

GXPaycheck
10-05-2009, 05:13 AM
Space saver wheel/tire/tool kits are available!

Struggle
10-05-2009, 08:27 AM
I bought my tire tool kit (OEM factory style) from Pace here on this site. I ordered a complete set of 18" wheels and tires from Tire rack and use one of them for a spare until winter then on of the 19" will go in the trunk.

4ever18
10-05-2009, 09:26 AM
WOW! Thanks for the quick response. I just ordered a mirror on eBay and will now look for the HomeLink.

Thanks!!

JJ

NYG8GT
10-05-2009, 11:54 AM
Sell it before something breaks and you're stuck making a car payment on a car that sits in a dealers lot for weeks on end before the part arrives from Australia because GM is too ignorant to stock parts in the country that the car is sold in by the thousands.

-Ray-
10-05-2009, 02:12 PM
Sell it before something breaks and you're stuck making a car payment on a car that sits in a dealers lot for weeks on end before the part arrives from Australia because GM is too ignorant to stock parts in the country that the car is sold in by the thousands.

Quit being a troll. It seems lately you've become a chronic complainer. Go read the TOS.

NYG8GT
10-05-2009, 05:27 PM
Once your car sits in a dealer lot for a 2+ weeks, you'll understand pal.

-Ray-
10-05-2009, 10:34 PM
You don't seem to get it. Just because you have an issue with your car doesn't give you the right to troll in someone's thread.
Keep your negative posts to your own threads. That way the rest of us who don't want to read your negative BS can by pass it.

Please read the TOS for this web site. This back and forth with me isn't going to end well for you.

bigtreepu
10-06-2009, 12:42 AM
Thanks Ray.

I think you'll enjoy your G8. I sure enjoy mine. Hence the reason Im' here.

~Matt

Blkg8gt
10-06-2009, 05:06 AM

I just call my roadside and say tow me to my work lol If im paying for the service and it doesnt come with a spare I will make them do the work