PDA

View Full Version : MagnaCharger hood clearance????

jimmytt6
10-04-2009, 02:55 PM
Can you guys with the Maggie's please tell me how much hood clearance there is between the top of the maggie and the hood?
The reason I ask is I'm thinking of getting one, and I have the Pedders tower brace. The brace is about a 1" think and was curious if I raised it a little would it clear the charger and be able to close hood.

thanks for your help,
Jim

WickedMom
10-04-2009, 02:57 PM
hmmm, I am thinking no.

-Ray-
10-04-2009, 03:34 PM
You'll need to remove the brace.

GeorgeInNePa
10-04-2009, 03:38 PM
Can you guys with the Maggie's please tell me how much hood clearance there is between the top of the maggie and the hood?
The reason I ask is I'm thinking of getting one, and I have the Pedders tower brace. The brace is about a 1" think and was curious if I raised it a little would it clear the charger and be able to close hood.

thanks for your help,
Jim

The Pedders STB will NOT fit with a Maggie. It's either/or...

dukeofpg
10-04-2009, 07:16 PM
Sorry mate. It is power or handling. You will need to choose.

WickedMom
10-04-2009, 07:32 PM
Sorry mate. It is power or handling. You will need to choose.

or a big ass hood to fit both!

jimmytt6
10-05-2009, 04:02 AM
lol yup,
Don't really mind removing it except for the Pedder you have 3 drilled holes there now. guess I could just get some flat head bolts try and filled holes.

thanks for the input,
Jim

or a big ass hood to fit both!

-Ray-
10-05-2009, 04:25 AM
lol yup,
Don't really mind removing it except for the Pedder you have 3 drilled holes there now. guess I could just get some flat head bolts try and filled holes.

thanks for the input,
Jim

I think you would be able to find some nice SS allen head bolts to replace them. Would look a lot cleaner IMO.

Tempest2000
10-05-2009, 03:44 PM
or you can go the procharger route which does fit...

norm8332
10-05-2009, 04:46 PM

thanks for your help,
Jim

I haven't been able to find one. If you do, please let me know. I want one.

GeorgeInNePa
10-05-2009, 05:37 PM
Take a piece of foil and put it over the top of the magnacharger, tape a piece to the hood blanket.

Then take a lump of Playdough and place it on the foil atop the 'charger. Then close the hood. That will tell you how much clearance there is between the two. Then you can take the STB bar to a shop with a tubing bender and they can make a bar to fit.

This, assuming there is any room between the hood and the charger body.

Devilish34
10-05-2009, 05:46 PM
Take a piece of foil and put it over the top of the magnacharger, tape a piece to the hood blanket.

Then take a lump of Playdough and place it on the foil atop the 'charger. Then close the hood. That will tell you how much clearance there is between the two. Then you can take the STB bar to a shop with a tubing bender and they can make a bar to fit.

This, assuming there is any room between the hood and the charger body.
1900 some 2300 I read you have to remove some or all of the hood blanket

VegasNate
10-05-2009, 06:06 PM
2300 the hood liner must come out. It still barely touches the intake tube. It is as close as you can get without modification.

jimmytt6
10-05-2009, 06:54 PM
Thanks Nate..
Well that pretty much answers that question.
Well if I get a Maggie guess I will be selling my brace and Vararam
Still haven't decided..leaning toward just getting the Livernois Stage 1 cam with 3.27's

thanks guys..

norm8332
10-07-2009, 08:55 AM
2300 the hood liner must come out. It still barely touches the intake tube. It is as close as you can get without modification.

The intake tube rubs the blanket slightly on mine. It has caused no issues or damage.

WhiteDeathLSX
10-11-2009, 08:51 AM
Thanks Nate..
Well that pretty much answers that question.
Well if I get a Maggie guess I will be selling my brace and Vararam
Still haven't decided..leaning toward just getting the Livernois Stage 1 cam with 3.27's

thanks guys..
I'm still a bit puzzled about the clearance issues associated with the Vararam + Maggie? I know the Maggie sits high, thus it's impossible to mate with the Vararam's intake hose, etc. But couldn't that be resolved with a modified/downward-bent intake hose?

VegasNate
10-11-2009, 12:19 PM
I should have clarified that my intake tube is a Roto-Fab. The tube that comes with the Magnacharger is flat and maybe could work. I don't know.