PDA

View Full Version : G8 GT vs 05 C6 ls2

ULTRA Z
10-03-2009, 08:28 AM
a friend of mine just got a low miles C6 with NO mods i mean STOCK now we are currently thinking of a route to go with the C6 but he has yet to decied ...

i wanted to know how i would do against the C6 so we ran them as a base line test before we start the moding processe ....

1st gear i was a little ahead like nothing really maybe a 1/4 or fender to speak 1/8 he had like 2 cars on me and through the unoffical 1/4 he got me by like 4 to 4.5 cars i got killed LOL but i wanted to know i'll post future races and list mods also

Art708
10-03-2009, 09:45 AM
a friend of mine just got a low miles C6 with NO mods i mean STOCK now we are currently thinking of a route to go with the C6 but he has yet to decied ...

i wanted to know how i would do against the C6 so we ran them as a base line test before we start the moding processe ....

1st gear i was a little ahead like nothing really maybe a 1/4 or fender to speak 1/8 he had like 2 cars on me and through the unoffical 1/4 he got me by like 4 to 4.5 cars i got killed LOL but i wanted to know i'll post future races and list mods also

I traded a C6 on my G8....there's no comparison. Only place the G8 has it beat is in size. I needed the room for family.

BigRob
10-03-2009, 11:22 AM
oh yeah, the g8 would need some work to fuck with a c6... were luggin around 800 extra pounds... now if you throw 800 pounds in his trunk to even things out.. hahaha

c6's are no joke.

Dr. Dana Miller
10-03-2009, 05:46 PM
I traded a C6 on my G8....there's no comparison. Only place the G8 has it beat is in size. I needed the room for family.

I also traded my '07 C6 Z51 M6 for my G8. Stock to Stock there is NO comparison. It's not even close. Completely bone stock with only 1400 miles on it, the 'Vette went 12.50's @ 113 and change with street tires and NO prep whatsoever. Granted the air was good that evening ( approx. 50 degrees ). Hated to get rid of it, but I also needed more room. The G8 will need several bolt-on mods, some traction and good tuning to beat the 'Vette, but keep it mind you're comparing apples to oranges and their respective intended purposes are quite-a-bit different.

Art708
10-03-2009, 08:07 PM
I also traded my '07 C6 Z51 M6 for my G8. Stock to Stock there is NO comparison. It's not even close. Completely bone stock with only 1400 miles on it, the 'Vette went 12.50's @ 113 and change with street tires and NO prep whatsoever. Granted the air was good that evening ( approx. 50 degrees ). Hated to get rid of it, but I also needed more room. The G8 will need several bolt-on mods, some traction and good tuning to beat the 'Vette, but keep it mind you're comparing apples to oranges and their respective intended purposes are quite-a-bit different.

Yup.

ULTRA Z
10-03-2009, 09:30 PM
yea i know i just wanted to see cause i always end up racing fast people and i just wanted to know i was really happy with the outcome though i will probably have a video of the next race me tuned and him still stock it should be close the next time i also have a race with a 99 C5 vette don't really know the guy but i'll post up the outcome of it also i have been talking to a friend who bought his wife a challenger i wanta run him but we haven't yet .......... yea the vette ran really good i drove a close friend of mines C6 Z06 its the same color blue as my G8 OHHH MY GOD it was the funnest car i ever drove i'm gonna try and buy it off him when i finish my house :)

WARLOCK
10-05-2009, 05:48 PM
i wanna piece of that challenger when u get thru with him. P.S. i will have the laptop at LSX.. still wondering if Livernois will have a dyno or what.

ULTRA Z
10-06-2009, 11:26 PM
i wanna piece of that challenger when u get thru with him. P.S. i will have the laptop at LSX.. still wondering if Livernois will have a dyno or what.

good deal I will try and make it some stuff run up on me so i might be low on funds gotta see my check so i hope i get to go if so i'll rerun the vette with the tune