PDA

View Full Version : Is this really bad...

Blackdevil77
10-03-2008, 10:33 AM
for your car? I was told this can mess up your suspension, alignment and axle's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfe4a61UH64

I was told this by the same people I see do it all the time. I only did it once because i really don't want to mess my car up. I only thought it wore down your tires.

I took that vid by the way :)

Weldon
10-03-2008, 10:35 AM
well you gotta think...when you get that back end to break lose and it starts sliding out...think of all the force that is being put on the bottom of that tire that is upfront. thats alotttt of energy being focused in one spot. even tho it is spinning, in the long run yes i would say it can hurt the car...but if you might cut a doughnut once a month..nah it should be fine..but its always that one time that gets you.

Blackdevil77
10-03-2008, 11:20 AM
yeah I figured it's more pressure on the front wheels but can it really...bend your axle? Or would it just throw off your alignment? As far as the suspension goes, I have no idea why that would do anything to it.

SRG963
10-03-2008, 11:20 AM
If you wheel hop or if the wheels start vibrating violently, it may cause damage.

Weldon
10-03-2008, 11:40 AM
yes srg is right...if you start bouncing your gunna cause damage...and also if you contunie to do it the wheel could actually start bending in some. so yes...a number of things can go wrong. but then again...you could cut your ass on a toilet seat...that dont stop you from shitting? lol