PDA

View Full Version : Killer Chiller System

VegasNate
09-29-2009, 07:38 PM
Anybody know much about this system. It sounds good. Anyone have any first hand knowledge on them?

http://www.killerchiller.com/about.htm

Posidon42
09-29-2009, 08:22 PM
Doesn't seem like a good idea to me. Yes, the A/C will cool the charge temp down quickly when you are not at WOT, but this system won't help when you are. The video even cheats because he never really gets into the throttle. Put it on the dyno with a system on / off comparison and you might change my mind. A secondary cooling fluid is probably easier and has been used for years in the forced induction crowd.

I aspire to achieve your power numbers though. Big cams just can't match the torque of the supercharger. Your dyno plot is just crazy.

parish8
09-30-2009, 03:31 AM
Doesn't seem like a good idea to me. Yes, the A/C will cool the charge temp down quickly when you are not at WOT, but this system won't help when you are. The video even cheats because he never really gets into the throttle. Put it on the dyno with a system on / off comparison and you might change my mind. A secondary cooling fluid is probably easier and has been used for years in the forced induction crowd.

I aspire to achieve your power numbers though. Big cams just can't match the torque of the supercharger. Your dyno plot is just crazy.

i didn't read up on all of it but i am guessing that set up chills the fluid that is for the intercooler. more than likely chills a reservoir of fluid. it does this over time while not at wot. then dumps the cold fluid into the intercooler at wot. it doesn't have to cool the intake charge real time since it has pre cooled the fluid.

on setups with air to water inter coolers and AC i could see it helping. i would bet there are better ways to spend your money but it would be fun to play with.

Ktlplxm
10-04-2009, 07:21 AM
I'm not sure how this particular system works, but there was a guy named Paul Blythe in Moorseville, NC that did something similar several years ago. He had a 396 LT1 with a T-trim Vortech. He utilized the factory A/C (by basically rerouting a good bit of it) so that the expansion or pinch valve directly affected the fluid in the Water to Air Intercooler. It was extremely efficient; so much in fact Vortech studied his design. Unfortunately, they both concluded it would be costly to try and make it work on anything else.

bradshow
10-04-2009, 07:44 AM
a lot of F-150 lightning and Harley Davidson F-150's run this setup because the stock Eaton supercharger creates a lot of heat when spun hard. It is a good system and I've never heard any complaints from anyone who has used it. Still maintain your a/c but when the a/c is turned on the cold r12 just flows through the intercooler tank to cool down the intercooler fluid. Same principle as meth injection but never needing a recharge. Only practical with a supercharger and water to air intercooler.