PDA

View Full Version : cup holders.

Weldon
10-02-2008, 07:08 PM
where they using tea cups when they designed these things?? you cant fit two large drinks in at the same time..and if you take a turn hard...you get a cold lap full of drink. some kind of adapter needs to be built..id deffently buy it.

SRG963
10-03-2008, 04:53 AM
You can't apply the parking brake with a large drink in the cup holder either. The back edge of the brake handle pokes into the side of the drivers drink.

I do however like that there are bottle holders in the front doors.

Weldon
10-03-2008, 10:12 AM
i actually didnt even notice the bottle holder untill you said something! wow that is handy...my water bottles always roll around in the cup holders...glad you mentioned that!

G8V6er
02-15-2012, 07:16 PM
Has anyone ever seen a cup holder in the rear of the center console where the useless cubby is?

I swear I had seen this on one of the parts sites when trolling around a couple days ago, but it might have just been late and looking at CP's site at the closed smoker's package door or something...

MIEngineer
02-15-2012, 07:23 PM
I use the rear seat cup holders even if i am the only one in the car generally. Makes my life easier.

ULTRA Z
02-16-2012, 12:08 AM
I use the rear seat cup holders even if i am the only one in the car generally. Makes my life easier.

Same here lol Yea if there is anything i would change about the G8 it would def be the cup holders for sure

MIEngineer
02-16-2012, 12:22 AM
I was going to make another reply but the comment may have offended passengers...I'm trying to turn my sarcasm around ;) ....must...resist.

So i'll go with - that is when you politely ask the passenger to hold the drink in their hand instead of the cupholder in worst case situations...if there is a passenger.

ULTRA Z
02-16-2012, 12:39 AM
I was going to make another reply but the comment may have offended passengers...I'm trying to turn my sarcasm around ;) ....must...resist.

So i'll go with - that is when you politely ask the passenger to hold the drink in their hand instead of the cupholder in worst case situations...if there is a passenger.

WOOOSAAAA lol Thats a hard thing to do

Crazy Paul
02-16-2012, 01:30 AM
Cup holders are most likely made to suit an Aussie beer can, about 2.5" dia x about 4.5" tall.....not a 40oz big gulp from the SupersizeMe shop.

ULTRA Z
02-16-2012, 02:31 AM
Cup holders are most likely made to suit an Aussie beer can, about 2.5" dia x about 4.5" tall.....not a 40oz big gulp from the SupersizeMe shop.

LMAO that is exactly what i told Amber when she asked why were they so close i said this car was made in Australia and 2 fosters would fit perfect lol

G8V6er
02-16-2012, 04:10 AM

It all makes so much sense now! Now that I think about it, why the heck is the performance car the one with the extra cup holder? You'd think they'd have put that in the V6 where you are much more likely to have a DD/family car.

Seriously though... I have a 14 mo old and sometimes the wife has to sit in the backseat with him to feed him. Having a cup holder in the back of the console would solve many problems for her. Fortunately about 6mo in time will also solve most of the problems. I just need to get some 303 carpet protector ASAP.

donkeyGT
02-16-2012, 04:31 AM
Cup holders are most likely made to suit an Aussie beer can, about 2.5" dia x about 4.5" tall.....not a 40oz big gulp from the SupersizeMe shop.Now that's funny:cool:

sdown
02-16-2012, 05:30 AM
It's just an American issue. I'm a Canadian and live near the US border. All my "Canadian" sized drinks fit in those cup holders just fine. When I cross into the US and get a couple of drinks, they come in oil-drum sized cups that don't fit. Who can actually drink 32 ounces of Dr. Pepper, anyways?

-Ray-
02-16-2012, 05:35 AM
32 is the standard size here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SRG963
02-16-2012, 06:57 AM
pssst, 32 oz is small!

I like them 64 oz cups.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f109/almo57/711_superbiggulp_d.jpg

ULTRA Z
02-16-2012, 07:28 AM
I can easy 32oz isn't a lot. but for the most part i drink water so that fits well

Crazy Paul
02-16-2012, 09:23 AM
pssst, 32 oz is small!

I like them 64 oz cups.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f109/almo57/711_superbiggulp_d.jpg

How many drivers seat outer trims have you broken?
Helloooo.....these 2 things just might be related.
:eyeroll:
:hug:

MIEngineer
02-16-2012, 11:52 AM
We can't do that shit here. Open container laws. Although some red bull users drive worse than drunk drivers.

Panzer Leader
02-16-2012, 11:59 AM
Those big drinks are bad for you anyway. Remember the Government is looking out for your health. You would make the First Lady happy.

Slizzo
02-16-2012, 12:13 PM
Cupholders under the rear seat in a 2009.5 G8.

Cupholders on the rear passthrough

Cupholders in between front seats on the center console (perfect for a 20oz. drink bottle, or a "Medium" drink from any fast food restaurant).

Cupholders in each of the front door pockets. Perfect for a 20oz. bottle again, anything smaller and it falls into the pocket and rolls around.

G8V6er
02-16-2012, 02:05 PM
Cupholders under the rear seat in a 2009.5 G8.

Cupholders on the rear passthrough

Cupholders in between front seats on the center console (perfect for a 20oz. drink bottle, or a "Medium" drink from any fast food restaurant).

Cupholders in each of the front door pockets. Perfect for a 20oz. bottle again, anything smaller and it falls into the pocket and rolls around.

Got a 2009.1 and I can't put the pass through down with the baby seat in the car.

Must have been a dream about finding an Aussie component that fit the rear of the console, or something.

As for the front console ones... They are better than the ones in my old Grand Prix. I ended up with my travel mug in my lap a couple of times with those when cornering.

norm8332
02-16-2012, 02:08 PM
One thing I hate about the front cup holders is when you get a fast food drink with the thin plastic lid stuff can get dumped on the window controls etc with just moderate braking. I don't allow passengers to use them unless it's a bottle with a lid.

Panzer Leader
02-16-2012, 03:17 PM
Could be worse, no cup holders in Germany. Then again no cell phones, reading newspapers or putting on makeup.

ULTRA Z
02-16-2012, 09:59 PM
Could be worse, no cup holders in Germany. Then again no cell phones, reading newspapers or putting on makeup.

wow

MIEngineer
02-16-2012, 10:49 PM

You've listed every reason why we can't have an autobahn....among several others which i won't list. Woooooosa.

Panzer Leader
02-17-2012, 04:54 PM
You know, I bet you could strap a "Camel Back" liquid pouch on the back of the front seats with a drinking tube over and to the front. HHhhmmm. You could also use a catheter on the reverse side of the equation. When you fill it up, toss it through the sunroof. LOL

G8V6er
02-17-2012, 05:15 PM
You know, I bet you could strap a "Camel Back" liquid pouch on the back of the front seats with a drinking tube over and to the front. HHhhmmm. You could also use a catheter on the reverse side of the equation. When you fill it up, toss it through the sunroof. LOL

Perfect solution for tailgaters!

MIEngineer
02-17-2012, 10:36 PM
Perfect solution for tailgaters!

What may or may not work for this if you have a wagon "if you rear nozzle/sparayer was broken by the car wash" is to "modify" the nozzle with a jet from some sort of plumbing device.

Tailgaters will stay back at slow speeds

Just saying.

Fatdaddy
02-18-2012, 03:37 AM
You could add the 2009.5 rear seat cup holders. I think I saw where someone did that but I don't recall where I saw it or where the part was acquired.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk