PDA

View Full Version : Cooled Seats

fiveoh
09-28-2009, 06:27 PM
Does anyone know if any of the cooled seats from cadillacs will fit in a g8? I know the CTS DTS STS and XLR all had this option. I would love to swap some of these in to keep cool in the Texas heat.

GeoffA
09-28-2009, 06:39 PM
That would be "COOL" especially with the leather option.

beach
09-28-2009, 06:57 PM
I don't think you'd want to or could swap a set from another vehicle and platform unless you felt like doing some serious tracks & electronics work...

...BUT, a couple of companies who make aftermarket seat heater kits also make seat cooler kits that operate in very similar ways to OEM ones. Just requires perforated upholstery (you're good there) and then the elements to be installed & powered.

I don't have a link...but they exist and this would be the simplest, so to speak, route.

fiveoh
09-29-2009, 04:42 AM
I don't think you'd want to or could swap a set from another vehicle and platform unless you felt like doing some serious tracks & electronics work...

...BUT, a couple of companies who make aftermarket seat heater kits also make seat cooler kits that operate in very similar ways to OEM ones. Just requires perforated upholstery (you're good there) and then the elements to be installed & powered.

I don't have a link...but they exist and this would be the simplest, so to speak, route.

Hmm... I'll have to google this. Thanks for the info.

Mlozano
10-03-2009, 06:51 AM
Would be nice to switch out the heating element for a coolling one and keep the controls