PDA

View Full Version : Dashawk issue

G8GTlawride
10-02-2008, 06:49 PM
Can someone explain the difference (problem) in the Ambient Air Temp (AAT) reading the DH displays and the temp the on board temp says? My DH displays an AAT of about 9* difference (colder) than the factory dash display. This concerns me with other accuracy issues with the Dashawk.

GTPprix
10-02-2008, 06:54 PM
LOL there are two seperate sensors.

GeorgeInNePa
10-02-2008, 06:56 PM
LOL there are two seperate sensors.

Which is more accurate?

Or

Which reflects reality?

GTPprix
10-02-2008, 07:03 PM
Both are accurate for thier respective locations. They are at different locations and used for different things.

GeorgeInNePa
10-02-2008, 07:25 PM
:spc:

:punch:

Which one should we use to determine what the air temp is outside the car, so we can figure out if our intakes are pulling the coldest air possible?

wreckwriter
10-02-2008, 07:28 PM
IAT is the temp inside the intake, at the MAF (or HSRK), the outside temp on the DIC is measured around the front bumper somewhere.

GTPprix
10-02-2008, 07:30 PM
They both are except one is used for outboard controllers and one is used for the climate controls LOL In some GM vehicles there is only one sensor with a pretty good buffer to keep the display from changing alot IE a 5 degree window where it wont move. Its late but I'm still 99% sure the G8 has two (long day).

GeorgeInNePa
10-02-2008, 07:35 PM
IAT is the temp inside the intake, at the MAF (or HSRK), the outside temp on the DIC is measured around the front bumper somewhere.

Wreck, we are talking about the AAT reading difference between the DH and the climate control/radio.

wreckwriter
10-02-2008, 07:36 PM
Wreck, we are talking about the AAT reading difference between the DH and the climate control/radio.

Duh, nevermind :)

-Ray-
10-03-2008, 03:05 AM
Lol

G8GTlawride
10-03-2008, 07:52 PM
They both are except one is used for outboard controllers and one is used for the climate controls LOL In some GM vehicles there is only one sensor with a pretty good buffer to keep the display from changing alot IE a 5 degree window where it wont move. Its late but I'm still 99% sure the G8 has two (long day).

This makes sense. The AAT is displaying temps that are way too low for them to be accurate. The dash (radio) displays a temp that is within a couple of degrees of the IAT. Which, with the mods I have is where they should be. With that said, is there a perameter in the DH to display outside temp?