PDA

View Full Version : TWS PDS Sept 26 27

nugget
09-28-2009, 07:21 AM
Well made it out again to Texas World Speedway for some more Track Driving, had an absolute blast, for anyone that thinks our cars are to heavy to take some corners really fast... IMHO it is defiantly not. I did have a few upgrades this time, Carbotech XP 10 pads on the front and Hawk HPS + on the back, really really good braking, they may dust and squeak like hell but I think its worth it. Also I got new rims and tires 8.5 and 9.5 in back 245/275 Yokohama s Drives, very predictable tire, never got greasy, pressure went up 7-8 psi from cold to hot. will post some pictures and more videos later but for now this is the only I have had time to make.
Azchl-OqNFw

nugget
09-28-2009, 10:25 AM
my fastest lap of the weekend, 2:13.. i was averging 2:18 times for a stock m3 with a better driver are around 2:05

w17BjRuXpfM

HuskerG8
10-01-2009, 06:59 PM
Did those Carbotech pads work good? Do you have stock rotors or did you change those out as well? How were the pads on your rotors? How much of the carbotech pad did one weekend use?

I am considering going the carbotech route myself. I just don't know if I will use the stock rotors, install dba rotors, or go for the Baer brake kit.

nugget
10-02-2009, 07:50 PM
Did those Carbotech pads work good? Do you have stock rotors or did you change those out as well? How were the pads on your rotors? How much of the carbotech pad did one weekend use?

I am considering going the carbotech route myself. I just don't know if I will use the stock rotors, install dba rotors, or go for the Baer brake kit.

They are verry verry good pads, no fade and awesome stopping power. i havnt taken them off yet, as soon as I do I will give you a better idea of how much pad is left but just from a glance of looking at the pad still in the caliper, 1/16th to 1/8th of an inch at most, so i would say i can get around 10 or more 2 day weekends out of a set. I did not change the rotors out this time but the plan is to have a set of rotors and pads just for track so i dont eat thru the stock rotors, carbotech are suppost to have a reputation of eating rotors.

where do you race at, the group im in makes trips to harris hill and eagle canyon every once in a while, but i have yet to race there. harris hill is suppost to be very fun

HuskerG8
10-03-2009, 03:00 PM
I go with the Drivers Edge group. They are actually down at Texas World this weekend. Their next get together is October 24 at Eagles Canyon. It is 30 miles northwest of Denton. That event is a single Saturday rather than a Saturday/Sunday.

They went to Harris Hill earlier this year, but I didn't go. They have most events at Motorsports Ranch which is just southwest of Fort Worth.

I used HP plus for both front and rear last time at Eagles Canyon. Problem was I started with HPS pads and they glazed by the second run. I switched to HP plus at that point, but had to resurface the rotors after the weekend because there was some left over pad material on them.

Just need to decide over the next couple of weeks what I will do for the 24th.

www.thedriversedge.net/

Andy@SquashPerformance
10-06-2009, 12:06 PM
Wow does that look like FUN!

Andy

-Ray-
10-06-2009, 12:18 PM
They are verry verry good pads, no fade and awesome stopping power. i havnt taken them off yet, as soon as I do I will give you a better idea of how much pad is left but just from a glance of looking at the pad still in the caliper, 1/16th to 1/8th of an inch at most, so i would say i can get around 10 or more 2 day weekends out of a set. I did not change the rotors out this time but the plan is to have a set of rotors and pads just for track so i dont eat thru the stock rotors, carbotech are suppost to have a reputation of eating rotors.

where do you race at, the group im in makes trips to harris hill and eagle canyon every once in a while, but i have yet to race there. harris hill is suppost to be very fun

If you select your 1st post and chose edit, you'll see how I fixed the video for you.

nugget
10-06-2009, 03:09 PM
If you select your 1st post and chose edit, you'll see how I fixed the video for you.

thank you ray :)