PDA

View Full Version : drivers seat side trim

kevinm0131
09-27-2009, 06:57 AM
Hi all,
Has anyone had problems with the side trim piece on their drivers seat? I have had two fail and my dealer says the next one is the last that GM will cover. I am a big man, but I have never broken a seat or the trim before. I'm talking about the plastic piece that runs along the seat bottom and holds the power seat controls. It seems that there are just two small (approx. 3/8" square) long tabs that snap into the metal frame and this is what breaks at the metal frame.\
Thanx,
Kevin

caretaker
09-27-2009, 07:20 AM
Yep. I'm a big guy too, and mine broke
a few months ago. I got an appointment
at the dealer this coming Friday to have
the recalls done and I'm going to ask about this.

Jaysin
09-27-2009, 08:11 AM
Mine broke also. I haven't taken it to the dealer yet, but I'm hoping they cover it. Why would the dealer say that this is the last time GM will replace it? If it covered under warranty then they should replace it as long as you're under warranty.

blackbirdws6
09-27-2009, 03:18 PM
I'm on my third one and I haven't been told this is the last one that will be covered. It's a bad design honestly. I'm not a light man but certainly not a giant (245lb). I even try to be careful how I get in and out of the car to not put pressure on the plastic piece but still happens. I honestly think the guy who would drive the cars up 325+lbs easy from the dealer gave it the kiss of death. This third one is lasting longer than usual.

Chris442
09-30-2009, 09:49 AM
The same thing has happened with my Mom's car. On the third on the driver's side and second on the passenger. None of us are small, but this is ridiculous. It's just not a well designed part. They should continue to warranty it until it doesn't break anymore, which won't happen until GM revises it. More likely is that the warranty will run out before that happens.

Never had this problem in other cars. Not an issue on my GTO with 41k, so Holden had this figured out before.

Seats have been the only problem I've seen in the car for the first 10k. These side panels and the driver's lumbar have both been repaired. Other than that, the car's been perfect.

stryker g8gt
09-30-2009, 04:01 PM
You guys are behind, i am working on number 5......and just got another one on order....lol...........The last time the guys at the shop also broke the seat bottom trim that covers the metal near the carpet......They keep adding more stuffing to the seat side hoping to make it better........

Those cheap ass little clips keep breaking, I am suggesting next time that they fasten some thein metal strips cut in teh same shape to the clips....to make them stronger..........this is the only real complaint I have........I am big, but I lso had it break on a feind of mine that maybe ways 180lb.....

My service manager offered me a free mobil one oil change, and i get a rental for free each time......

AusTXGT
09-30-2009, 05:09 PM
I have had mine replaced once. The current trim piece seems to be holding up well. I think I subconciously changed how I get out of the car. I am 6'6" so it is hard to get in and out of the car and not put pressure on the front left corner of the seat. I think that is what is breaking them off.
That crap about not replacing them is BS. You should talk to the local GM rep. I think someone has stated before. No where in the warrant does it say you can only replace a part so many times.