PDA

View Full Version : G8 GT vs Mustang GT

ULTRA Z
09-26-2009, 02:58 PM
yesterday me my wife and 2 kids go to toysRus to get a trampoline and on the way home a white gt pulls beside us at the red light. Remember i got a trampoline 12' sticking out the trunk with the lid rachet spraped tightly to the box and i power brake the G8 to let him know that i'm the man even if i'm halling a load . so he stalles his up as the lights get ready to turn so i slapped my car in sport mode and the lights turned green and off we go ....... nothing exciting when i shifted to 2nd i already had jumped about 2 cars on him and that was all we heard of the stang poor fella

4 DOOR FURY

fiveoh
09-26-2009, 03:05 PM
Good kill.... although i'd chill out racing with y our family in the car but to each his own.

GT G8
09-26-2009, 04:01 PM
4 DOOR FURY

lawl

mikesgt
09-30-2009, 06:38 PM
Agreed with fiveoh. Gotta keep the kids safe.

ULTRA Z
09-30-2009, 08:59 PM
they were fine like i said it was like 0 to whatever it goes into 2nd gear at it didn't last long lol the 1 year 11 month old has already made some passes with me she also rides the GSX-R 1000 with me she loves motorsports and even helps me turn wrenchs she knows what keys go to what cars and you can pop the hood and she will point at were the oil goes and say oil .... you can show her a spark plug and say black and she will say rich lol its so funny

Punisher
09-30-2009, 09:23 PM
I wonder how that guy felt....getting beat by a four door "family sedan" with the family inside and to top it off a 12' trampoline.....wow...priceless

majesticix
10-01-2009, 05:53 AM
Yeah I'd be more worried with the trampoline than anything. I typically only get people who want to race when I have my family in the car of course...and most of the time I don't bite unless it is a quick, easy kill and doesn't require full throttle or much effort.

NYG8GT
10-01-2009, 06:06 AM
So your car as it sits is probably a 14 second car (unless its modded, which your sig doesnt mention) so it sounds to me as if either the Mustang was fuckin with ya and really didnt want to go and decided to just tease instead, or it just has mammoth problems lol.

ULTRA Z
10-01-2009, 08:20 AM
So your car as it sits is probably a 14 second car (unless its modded, which your sig doesnt mention) so it sounds to me as if either the Mustang was fuckin with ya and really didnt want to go and decided to just tease instead, or it just has mammoth problems lol.

oh i'm so sorry for leaving my sig in the dark considering these cars are 13sec cars off the show rome floor i have a roto fab CAI and tune i haven't been to the track with this set up due to its only open one day a week and not every week and the timing system has been down for a while the closest 1/4 track worth going to is Memphis 4.5 hrs away errrrr

but when i first gott it after the 1st oil change i took it and went 13.8 @ 103 MPH with a full tank of gas oh course i got a system of 2 12s and i had 4 bags from a trip we just made in the trunk i just left it in drive and floored it so even that could of been better. i didn't have a helment so i didn't get to make any more passes

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff159/ULTRA__Z/100_4737.jpg

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff159/ULTRA__Z/100_4413.jpg

updating sig now

ULTRA Z
10-01-2009, 08:23 AM
NYG8GT

really nice short time and 1/4 with the mods listed

NYG8GT
10-01-2009, 10:27 AM
Thanks man, I'm hoping to get back there before the end of the season to see if I can get in the 12's with the cooler air :)

majesticix
10-01-2009, 10:54 AM
yeah if this damn rain would stop! I really need to get in tomorrow as I'll be out of town next week and I'm thinking there are only a few more weeks left for the track. Feels like it could snow any minute!

Tempest2000
10-01-2009, 02:27 PM
I don't race with my kids in the car 11 and 13 but we do go for a few spirited corners on back roads from time to time. I did take the boy with me when I did some 0-60 runs on a closed road.

Now today at work I had a car of 4 with me including my 2 bosses and had a short race to 60 LOL

The last time we went to a lunch my manager was in my car and we raced the Sr. Manager in his 3 series bmw for fun its a 330i not even a fair fight with 2 fat guys and 2 spare tires in the trunk LOL

When we looked back at 140 he was about 15 cars back LOL That was before the h/c setup I have now. I took him for a ride in my car the other day and he said "man this thing is faster than my bmw" um yeah I only have more than double the hp of a 330i. He tries to be a car guy though... he did have an m3 back in the 90's before he got married.

ULTRA Z
10-02-2009, 10:39 PM
i don't do corners fast with the kids but Jr dragsters start at 4 to 5 years old so they need to be able to at least ride at 2 huh lol